BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

I could see that team pulling off a surprise win! Well, I can't actually.

But that's only because I'm not in Cardiff; but getting ready to listen at home to the live commentary on Radio 5!

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes is shattered. and should have been rested way before this.

SHATTERED ? RESTED ? CHRIST HE PLAYS FOOTY FOR A LIVING..IF YOU CANT PLAY 180 MINUTES A WEEK ITS A POOR DO!!!

I USED TO WORK 7AM -5PM THEN GO AND DO 4 HOURS INTENSE TRAINING AT THE THE TOP LEVEL ( INTERNATIONAL AND CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL) .

NICKY REID USED TO COME SOME TIMES AND SAID OUR TRAINING WOULD KILL MOST FOOTBALLERS IT WAS THAT HARD ,SO GIVE IT A REST WITH TIRED.HE HAS 3 MONTHS IN SUMMER TO REST.WE NEED POINTSAND GOALS NOT REST.

SO DROPPING LEADING GOALSCORER ON 40 ODD GRAND A WEEK IS RIGHT ? MOAN DONT YOU THINK THINK WE HAVE A RIGHT TO MOAN ....NO REALLY DO YOU?

yeah if he not 100 fit and if he not going to fit into the gameplay Bowyer has got. I going to trust Bowyer and his tactics

Moan if you wish after the game.

Rhodes needs a rest, squad rotation. My only concern is Josh Frickin Morris at Left Back.

HE HAS 40.000 REASONS NOT TO BE TIRED ,BLESS.

who cares

I CARE FOR ONE ..ER DIV 3 DOESNT TICKLE MY BOAT FELLA.

Abbey there's absolutely no point playing Rhodes if he's going to be expected to hold the ball up and throw his weight about up front, he can't do it. Seems to me that GB wants some strength up front today, lets at least see how it pans out.

To be fair we only have a tweet from an unknown? source claiming Rhodes is "shattered". We have no evidence at all the player himself is claiming that.

The changes could well be tactical on the manager's part or Rhodes could be carrying a knock.

I do hope we're not going down the Allardyce route of prioritising games as being winnable and less winnable though.

True rev..but i hope your right too ,not enough games left for priotirisng.

Rhodes is the only class amongst a squad brimming with journeymen no excuse acceptable to not play him.

The other 20 men in the squad could jump off a cliff and would'nt be missed.

Murphy is crap and comes in and lowe is equally crap and goes out big whoop swapping like for like crap BUT dropping the man the whole team should be geared around inexcusable if he's not dying.

Best and CKR upfront, what is the point and rather have jason roberts back ffs at least he actually made defenders have to defend up unto the point he actually tried shooting.

Strangely, think that team could do a job.

Some fresh legs and an ability to hold the ball up front with some physical presence.

A tenner on @ 50/1 for a 3-1 Rovers' win !

SHATTERED ? RESTED ? CHRIST HE PLAYS FOOTY FOR A LIVING..IF YOU CANT PLAY 180 MINUTES A WEEK ITS A POOR DO!!!

I USED TO WORK 7AM -5PM THEN GO AND DO 4 HOURS INTENSE TRAINING AT THE THE TOP LEVEL ( INTERNATIONAL AND CHAMPIONSHIP LEVEL) .

NICKY REID USED TO COME SOME TIMES AND SAID OUR TRAINING WOULD KILL MOST FOOTBALLERS IT WAS THAT HARD ,SO GIVE IT A REST WITH TIRED.HE HAS 3 MONTHS IN SUMMER TO REST.WE NEED POINTSAND GOALS NOT REST.

I think all footballers could play 180 minutes a week but point perhaps being made is that they would not be at their optimum level if they did that consistently for months on end without a break-which is what Rhodes has been doing. It's not like he has missed many matches, this is the first time he has been rested?

I hope this is just a case of giving some of the players a rest. Thought our midfield looked much improved having switched to 4-5-1 with the trio of Lowe, Williamson & Jones in central midfield against Blackpool. Looks like 4-5-1 again to me with Best upfront on his own and CKR and Bentley or MGP on the wings.

Rhodes is the only class amongst a squad brimming with journeymen no excuse acceptable to not play him.

The other 20 men in the squad could jump off a cliff and would'nt be missed.

Murphy is crap and comes in and lowe is equally crap and goes out big whoop swapping like for like crap BUT dropping the man the whole team should be geared around inexcusable if he's not dying.

Best and CKR upfront, what is the point and rather have jason roberts back ffs at least he actually made defenders have to defend up unto the point he actually tried shooting.

Nail hammer head for me with that post, particularly the bit highlighted but let's wait and see what happens and whether or not Bowyer got it right.

I don't think it's unreasonable to not like a particular starting line up before kick off like Chaddy seems to think but equally if it works you have to say the manager may have got it right.

Strangely, think that team could do a job.

Some fresh legs and an ability to hold the ball up front with some physical presence.

A tenner on @ 50/1 for a 3-1 Rovers' win !

I agree MM.

Got 40/1 on 3-1 win.

also put best on to score 1st 8-1

Once again we haven't a recognised left back, And Givet will be an unused sub.

Givet isn't a recognised left back either, he's an excellent centre back who is nowhere near as good at left back imo.

I take your point though, I'd play Givet ahead of Morris there. (Assuming their fitness levels were equal which is the other variable)

Maybe if it was merlot?

Isn't Merlot for cleaning the drains ?

Just 34 members on this thread !!!

Would normally expect 150ish for an away match.

Indicative next season of a 5,000 core support ?

I think all footballers could play 180 minutes a week but point perhaps being made is that they would not be at their optimum level if they did that consistently for months on end without a break-which is what Rhodes has been doing. It's not like he has missed many matches, this is the first time he has been rested?

id play every day for what he earns in one week.

Archived