BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What will it take for fans to get angry ?

We’re all incensed tonight and that’s heightened because none of us have access to that apparently impenetrable Ivory Tower in Pune. As for me, I was brought up with the notion of a modern, democratic society where no-one is automatically above or beneath anyone else because of the financial status of your parents. That’s why I find the actions of the Rao family both exasperating and incomprehensible in equal amounts. Their treatment of BRFC seems to me to betray a contempt in which they hold both the fans and community that hold their football club so dear. To ignore our concerns so deliberately, to issue vacuous and misleading statements to us so glibly, to make obviously false promises so casually – to me this is absolutely boorish, rude and offensive behaviour consistent with the lowest of the low. And because I was raised with the notion that people should be judged on their actions rather than financial status, I find these siblings rather less worthy than the hundreds of BRFC fans and Blackburnians that I have met during my life: people who have displayed the dignity, honesty and decency that has been sorely lacking in the Rao family’s behaviour towards the devotees of BRFC. Perhaps they consider the average football fan/inhabitant of Blackburn beneath them because of the caste system prevalent in Indian society? Well, I find that system both medieval and entirely irrelevant to my life. What is relevant to my life is their disastrous management of BRFC, which makes them entirely worthless in my eyes. They may possess wealth of which I can only dream but, as the old saying goes, what is the use in knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm angry tonight, I try not to let the current goings on get to me, but tonight I'm keaning angry.

When's the next home game? I can feel a protest coming on!

One problem Gav,the prats from Pune are not listening and dont care.

We’re all incensed tonight and that’s heightened because none of us have access to that apparently impenetrable Ivory Tower in Pune. As for me, I was brought up with the notion of a modern, democratic society where no-one is automatically above or beneath anyone else because of the financial status of your parents. That’s why I find the actions of the Rao family both exasperating and incomprehensible in equal amounts. Their treatment of BRFC seems to me to betray a contempt in which they hold both the fans and community that hold their football club so dear. To ignore our concerns so deliberately, to issue vacuous and misleading statements to us so glibly, to make obviously false promises so casually – to me this is absolutely boorish, rude and offensive behaviour consistent with the lowest of the low. And because I was raised with the notion that people should be judged on their actions rather than financial status, I find these siblings rather less worthy than the hundreds of BRFC fans and Blackburnians that I have met during my life: people who have displayed the dignity, honesty and decency that has been sorely lacking in the Rao family’s behaviour towards the devotees of BRFC. Perhaps they consider the average football fan/inhabitant of Blackburn beneath them because of the caste system prevalent in Indian society? Well, I find that system both medieval and entirely irrelevant to my life. What is relevant to my life is their disastrous management of BRFC, which makes them entirely worthless in my eyes. They may possess wealth of which I can only dream but, as the old saying goes, what is the use in knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing?

Very good post Dawn.

The mouse that roared. What a joke.

I did more in one game last season than you've done in 40yrs of supporting the club you clown.

Were all incensed tonight and thats heightened because none of us have access to that apparently impenetrable Ivory Tower in Pune. As for me, I was brought up with the notion of a modern, democratic society where no-one is automatically above or beneath anyone else because of the financial status of your parents. Thats why I find the actions of the Rao family both exasperating and incomprehensible in equal amounts. Their treatment of BRFC seems to me to betray a contempt in which they hold both the fans and community that hold their football club so dear. To ignore our concerns so deliberately, to issue vacuous and misleading statements to us so glibly, to make obviously false promises so casually to me this is absolutely boorish, rude and offensive behaviour consistent with the lowest of the low. And because I was raised with the notion that people should be judged on their actions rather than financial status, I find these siblings rather less worthy than the hundreds of BRFC fans and Blackburnians that I have met during my life: people who have displayed the dignity, honesty and decency that has been sorely lacking in the Rao familys behaviour towards the devotees of BRFC. Perhaps they consider the average football fan/inhabitant of Blackburn beneath them because of the caste system prevalent in Indian society? Well, I find that system both medieval and entirely irrelevant to my life. What is relevant to my life is their disastrous management of BRFC, which makes them entirely worthless in my eyes. They may possess wealth of which I can only dream but, as the old saying goes, what is the use in knowing the price of everything but the value of nothing?

Amen

At Aston Villa they clap on the 19th Minute of each match.

Can't we just turn our backs all at the same time,at a signal from the Blackburn End or Darwen End.

Even silent protest might just create some Unity.

We all feel so bloody impotent.

The problem mhead is that no-obe's listening?

I would love there to be a visible protest but what will be achieved now? Best case, everyone turns their back on the pitch, so what? Will it embarrass Venkys?

Better still let's say, 10,000 Rovers fans peacefully walk onto the pitch and cause the game to be halted. Then what? It would get global media attention through the sheer novelty of it. People would talk about it for a week afterwards.

The FA would force Rovers to play two, maybe three behind closed doors, maybe we'd get a large fine. Maybe prosecution letters would be dropping on doormats. Would Venkys react - either to do the right things for the club or leave?

I have my doubts. They are insulated against all of our protests, large or small, their running (ruining) of Rovers isn't negatively impacting their other businesses and they don't appear to be suffering any adverse consequences.

We need Straw, Berry, Hollern and Sir Bill Taylor to be leading any protests now, starting with publically calling on the FA to investigate.

Before we end up like Luton Town. Or worse.

The problem mhead is that no-obe's listening?

I would love there to be a visible protest but what will be achieved now? Best case, everyone turns their back on the pitch, so what? Will it embarrass Venkys?

Better still let's say, 10,000 Rovers fans peacefully walk onto the pitch and cause the game to be halted. Then what? It would get global media attention through the sheer novelty of it. People would talk about it for a week afterwards.

The FA would force Rovers to play two, maybe three behind closed doors, maybe we'd get a large fine. Maybe prosecution letters would be dropping on doormats. Would Venkys react - either to do the right things for the club or leave?

I have my doubts. They are insulated against all of our protests, large or small, their running (ruining) of Rovers isn't negatively impacting their other businesses and they don't appear to be suffering any adverse consequences.

We need Straw, Berry, Hollern and Sir Bill Taylor to be leading any protests now, starting with publically calling on the FA to investigate.

Before we end up like Luton Town. Or worse.

Stuart this is where the Action group is currently at regarding a full investigation

As a group we have been to all the football authorities and the government and submitted information previously unseen . However all these bodies blamed one another and claimed to not have the necessary funding to hold a full investigation unless we gave them an open and shut case .

Since then we have been gathering further information and over the last couple of months especially significant information has now come to us which is of great interest. You can only squash so many people before those you squash say enough is enough .

Investigative work is expensive , in fact in cost thousands . As a group with no external funding its been down to members of the committee to dig very deep to get where we are at now . Sadly many people we come into contact with always want something in return or want to use us for their own personal gain .

The biggest problem is the supporters of rovers have finally realised the magnitude of the mess our club is in, sadly the delay in that happening has seen thousands throw the towel in .

We have had to endure people hindering the investigation from within the supporter base , whilst coming under heavy critism for making a stand .

We made that stand 18 months ago , when no one else was willing to . When no one was speaking out to the mess which was unravelling at our club .

Since then some figure heads have spoken out , and some influential supporters have too .

We are getting close now IMO to taking ALL our findings public .

We always said winding those responsible was not an option , it had to be the knock out blow , we are as committed now as we were back then of delivering that blow .

We are now in need of some additional funding, as we as individuals can no longer self fund this work , So if anyone wants to help in this way please email the groups secretary Mark or I

Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion, Stuart.

I just can't think of anything that could have an effect. Possibly fans continuing to stay away could persuade Venky's to give it up, but it will never hurt Venky's, only the club.

There are two really depressing things on my mind about this at the moment. One, is the suspicion that there's nothing that can be done to arrest this nonsense - Venky's just don't listen. Two is the realisation that there could well be so much more destruction that will slowly slowly unfold for us to have to bear witness to, and that will ultimately result in the club going to the wall.

Truly horrible situation.

Stuart t...

We are now in need of some additional funding, as we as individuals can no longer self fund this work , So if anyone wants to help in this way please email the groups secretary Mark or I

What sort of shortfall are we talking about here?

Yeah, that's pretty much my opinion, Stuart.

I just can't think of anything that could have an effect. Possibly fans continuing to stay away could persuade Venky's to give it up, but it will never hurt Venky's, only the club.

There are two really depressing things on my mind about this at the moment. One, is the suspicion that there's nothing that can be done to arrest this nonsense - Venky's just don't listen. Two is the realisation that there could well be so much more destruction that will slowly slowly unfold for us to have to bear witness to, and that will ultimately result in the club going to the wall.

Truly horrible situation.

What sort of shortfall are we talking about here?

We need a few grand without a doubt , especially as we are now at the business end .

Good to hear that Glen. The day can't come soon enough.

I was on that march from the Havelock in September 2011. We all saw this coming.

Pity the thousands of sheep/ Rovers Fans down the road were too thick to realise.

We need a few grand without a doubt , especially as we are now at the business end .

Glen - rough estimate... what percentage of material do you feel you now have to land the knock-out blow?

Good to hear that Glen. The day can't come soon enough.

I was on that march from the Havelock in September 2011. We all saw this coming.

Pity the thousands of sheep/ Rovers Fans down the road were too thick to realise.

Glen - rough estimate... what percentage of material do you feel you now have to land the knock-out blow?

We now need to fund some serious stuff , but on proceedings which don't only have clear breakage of the rules but some which could bring about criminal investigations .

Guest Norbert

So serious stuff that'll need lawyers, forensic accountants etc. Perhaps we should contact Stuart Ripley.........

I really wish I could fund this part, and blow it all out the water.

Set up a fund whereby we can contribute via credit card (Paypal?) and I'll be in.

I do wonder how close it really is to being finished, it seems like a project without end. I wouldn't want to be a drip feed for it.

However, if we could get enough people to put some money up, I wouldn't be averse to doing so as well.

We now need to fund some serious stuff , but on proceedings which don't only have clear breakage of the rules but some which could bring about criminal investigations .

If you have, or are genuinely close to, uncovering some serious stuff, why don't you pass the information on to a reputable journalist or newspaper. They will have the financial and investigative muscle needed. Or is it so important for you for your group to claim the credit?

Why do you have to ask the fans for money for something which may have no end product?

If you have, or are genuinely close to, uncovering some serious stuff, why don't you pass the information on to a reputable journalist or newspaper. They will have the financial and investigative muscle needed. Or is it so important for you for your group to claim the credit?

Why do you have to ask the fans for money for something which may have no end product?

We have already been down this route , however after the leveson enquiry it's not that simple nowadays . Journalist are doing their own digging and will run a story but for it to have the desired effect they want the whole story giving on a plate.

Regarding funding , we have to date asked no one for any funding but I'm simply stating a fact that funding issues are now becoming a problem

We have already been down this route , however after the leveson enquiry it's not that simple nowadays . Journalist are doing their own digging and will run a story but for it to have the desired effect they want the whole story giving on a plate.

Regarding funding , we have to date asked no one for any funding but I'm simply stating a fact that funding issues are now becoming a problem

Why not go to the police with the information if laws have been breached?

The only way you will get serious funding is if you have a way to communicate what that funding will produce, on or off the record.

I fear if you will still be searching for the truth once Venkys have disappeared into the sunset.

Fans are already angry.

A mass boycott and I mean literally 0 fans in the Rovers end, preferably against a team who have a poor support (bring less than 500) is the next step.

If we go down again this may be the case.

I've always mocked the idea of a newco. Team, but right now it seems like a more enjoyable option than watching the current regime tear us apart.

I honestly don't think protesting or marching will make a difference.

The owners don't care and others in the football media or public just see the protesters as babies throwing toys out of their pram

Archived