BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What will it take for fans to get angry ?

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only action that would impact on this lot would be flying to Pune and confronting them directly.

Oh yeh, that would work.

Just walk up to their front door and demand answers and then force them to sell the club to a non existant buyer - easy - I can't believe it hasn't been done already.

Perhaps someone else who was around at the time will back me up on this. Winning the Premier league or not the rot started at this club just before the 1960 cup final against Wolves. It was all due to the way the then Rovers hierarchy decided to allocate tickets. It was not done on a loyal fan basis but seemed to give priority to anyone owning a business of any kind. My parents were very keen fans who went to every home game and quite a few away matches too.. My Dad, who owned a pub was offered four tickets but my Mother couldn't get a ticket and nor could any of their friends. Yet business owners who had never set foot in the ground al received an allocation. There was a big protest at the ground all to no avail. My dad sent his four tickets back and never set foot on Ewood again. My Mother did eventually attend the game but was so disgusted by Derek Dougan's pre match transfer request over money that she never went again either. The club alienated a lot of their fans over this affair many of whom never went back. If anyone needs confirmation of this check out the local papers back issues.

I was only 14 at the time but I remember it well. Ewood park was never the same again after that and certainly never as well attended. OK, maybe during the Premier win season but most of those fans would have been jumping on the band wagon.

My main feeling is that the town has fallen out of love with it's club and that the main fan base has moved elsewhere. Look at the make up of the towns population and 24000 is about the maximum we could reasonably expect given the pull of other teams not a million miles away. Young people like glamour and we just don't have it any more.

Having said all this let me state that I am in no way trying to excuse our present owners who are on a hiding to nothing and, in the end, will lead to us following Portsmouth and a few other teams. We will receive no help from the suits at the FA as we have seen. We will end up being sold to one forieign chancer after another until the biggest liar with the largest imaginary pot of gold sees us deducted ten points and sent into ignominy.

Just a little point to get the circulation boiling after the holiday. I don't remember hearing too much protest from John Williams when the club was being sold or am I missing something? If anyone can point me in the direction of any articles to enlighten me about this I would be most appreciative.

Rog fans have not got the balls for a full boycott .

And yet you bought a season ticket at the beginning of the season when the anger towards Kean prevented lots of others doing so.

Its about time the protests started up again in my opinion and it matters not one jot whether Venkys will listen or not. Look at the bedroom tax protests, the poll tax protests and the protests against the war in Iraq, the politicians didn't listen but the people marched as one to vent anger and frustration at the idiots running the country, they actually got off their arses and just didn’t sit back and let things slide like people advocate on here.

I also think we should be looking at taking out an advert in the Indian media, that takes the protest right to the doorstep on the idiots in Pune without jumping on the flight.

A full boycott is the only way in my opinion. The problem is we will always have these complete idiots who will go to Ewood and don't seem to have a clue about the last 2 years. They just turn up, smile, take pictures and spend money in the shop. Pathetic. They think they are loyal but really they are helping to destroy the club.

A mass boycott would be excellent. An empty stadium. The press officers etc will spin it that the fans aren't supporting the team in a relegation battle but IMO going down would be ok if it got rid of this lot. Of course...financial implications might not be.

I've had enough

A full Boycott will not work....just read on here to prove that.

We now need symbolic 'resistance' to at least show/develop the Unity needed now and next season.

I would suggest:

-BRAG set up Pay-Pal "fighting fund' and ask BRST to administrate and manage it. First email to all 'pledgers'.

- 18th Minute Applause,at the last few Home Matches to signify 18 Years since VE Night/Premiership Trophy.

- Supporters wave either blue or white items on joining in with "Wild Rover"

- Rovers TV show the "Time to say Goodbye" Video again to show our love for Uncle Jack (Request it by email)

- Fans hold silent protest inside or outside the Ground after the last Home Match

- we plead with John Williams and others to now speak out via full page ad in Guardian

-BRAG make info they have public BEFORE the end of this Season

This is not a pick n mix list....all fans to be given a BRAG info sheet before Derby Home Match.

We need 'active' resistance for ourselves not just anti-Venkys. We are going thru traumatic Stress and sometimes you take it out of 'nearest and dearest"

We need to ventilate and we must not let the cynics just flat-line everything.

• Backroom

I know various people have mentioned going to Pune

How about if people raise the funds for a coalition visit? Couple from Brag along with a couple from BRST and a couple of influential figureheads?

Getting even near to them is the real issue I imagine though

Go to Pune? Why?

Even when fans were invited to Pune, it was difficult to get an opportunity to ask questions and almost impossible to get any clear, concise, honest answers. Why would turning up unannounced at Venkys HQ have more of an effect - they don't give a @#/?.

As for 'influential figureheads' - what have they offered so far apart from lip service?

I really hope that BRAG really do have sufficient evidence to prove the wrong doings that have happened in the last two years and four months - this is when the focus should be. If it was based on effort alone, those guys deserve a break.

What will it take for fans to angry ?

Double relegations, dodgy dealings, player firesales, rented thug stewards, Danny Murphy, Global Advisors we can take and remain placid with.

Just don't let them DARE turn a toilet block into a multi-faith prayer rooom. GGRRRRRRRRRR

The only action that would impact on this lot would be flying to Pune and confronting them directly.

Really? How. You would not be able to get anywhere near them.

Only when a way is found to hit and hurt venkys core business in India, will they sit up and listen. How to do that, is another matter.

" we must not let the cynics flat-line everything"

It doesn't matter what goes on here at BRFCS, its only a small minority of people in the grand scheme of things, and some of those are here to support the regime and discredit other posters, you can easily spot them if you try.

Where it matters is in the stands on match days, but sadly we have far too many people who blindly support the club in the hope that one day Venkys will get things right, the rest have voted with their feet and hardly any of those bothered protesting anyway.

We’ll have similar scenes to the Wigan game should we end up going down, then Venkys will sign a player or 2 and all that anger will be forgotten and another 3-5k off the gate.

We need to act now, but I won't hold my breath.

KEAN OFF VENKYS

KEAN OFF AGNEW

Waste of bloody time.

If you started planting bombs in their offices, orchestrated a smear campaign against them, poisoned their lifestock, made contacts in banks and got their facilities shut down ... then they might sit up and take notice. Not that I would advocate such direct action.

Flying to Pune and finger jabbing them ... well, they just won't give a @#/?.

Man Utd fans burnt the US flag before Glazier bought the club. God knows what other club's fans would've done in our circumstances.

I think an on-the-pitch protest would be a good start.

If enough people did it then they wouldn't arrest anyone (i've been on the pitch a couple of times at end of the season with thousands of others)

maximum publicity is needed...

the club is dying with the venkys cancer, and we need to do something....

i agree with the posts saying the only way to do this is a pitch protest....

game abandoned - anything..!

in the scheme of things, loss of points / fines will make diddly squat difference to the fact that we are getting relegated anyway

but this will create news......

maximum publicity is needed...

the club is dying with the venkys cancer, and we need to do something....

i agree with the posts saying the only way to do this is a pitch protest....

game abandoned - anything..!

in the scheme of things, loss of points / fines will make diddly squat difference to the fact that we are getting relegated anyway

but this will create news......

Correct me if I am wrong, but I presume you will doing that the next home match?

Was that not the Liverpool fans???

It got them a lot of press over there.

I know a senior member of 'The spirit of Shankly' fans group which was setup to try and rid the club of Gillette and Hicks, and despite Liverpool being a much bigger club with a higher profile their struggle was very similar to ours.

It took a long time to bring about change at Anfield, the Americans had publically stated they wouldn’t sell under any circumstances so the fans took the fight to them in their own backyard, and Hicks himself actually said one of the reasons they had to sell was because of the fans group putting pressure on them.

One point that really struck me was about how the fans group helped people to cope with what was going on at the football club, they met weekly, discussed options, had a few beers and it simply helped people to cope with the travesty that was unfolding in front of them.

I know one of our fans groups has spoken with the spirit of Shankly, but protesting can work, you just have to do it in the right way.

I know one of our fans groups has spoken with the spirit of Shankly, but protesting can work, you just have to do it in the right way.

The only way it would ever have worked IMO was to take the fight to the Raos and be an visible and constant irritation to their everyday businesses. Nobody ever gets anywhere by campaigning to have more dialogue, you just get sent a Shebby who can dialogue all day.

I see the Apple CEO has just grovelled to some Chinese activists, not because they demanded dialogue, but because they were hurting Apple's business.

Archived