BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] What will it take for fans to get angry ?

Yeah that would really show them. Only thing that will make a stir is a sub 5000 gate

you don't think having 10k+ people outside ewood protesting and making more noise than the -10k inside will cause a stir!!! The venkys wont care much about the protesters, but it would put more pressure on the authorities to get involved and not just the footballing authorities but also the local authorities(police, council,etc...) as you cant be having gatherings like that on the street regularly.

as i say though, it would NEVER happen, not in substantial numbers anyway.

having a -5000 gate will literally have zero effect(other than making us more of a laughing stock in the eyes of visiting supporters), financially there already running at a massive loss, so losing more fans for 1 game will make relatively little difference and the authorities aren't interested in low attendances outside the premiere league.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EiT has the right of it. If you really want to make an impact, you need to hit Venky's where it hurts - on their own doorstep. Unruly mobs partaking in protests and pitch invasions half a world away won't bother them in the slightest while they're holed up in their very own Taj Mahal.

It would bother the authorities though.

you don't think having 10k+ people outside ewood protesting and making more noise than the -10k inside will cause a stir!!! The venkys wont care much about the protesters, but it would put more pressure on the authorities to get involved and not just the footballing authorities but also the local authorities(police, council,etc...) as you cant be having gatherings like that on the street regularly.

as i say though, it would NEVER happen, not in substantial numbers anyway.

having a -5000 gate will literally have zero effect(other than making us more of a laughing stock in the eyes of visiting supporters), financially there already running at a massive loss, so losing more fans for 1 game will make relatively little difference and the authorities aren't interested in low attendances outside the premiere league.

I just think it wouldn't matter if you had 15k outside the ground.

I cannot see any solution other than watching the clubs demise pan out with tearful eyes

Ok then, you organise a pitch invasion and you be the first one to try and get past the stewards. Cause the club rules are that you get fined £1,000 and a ban for a number of years for doing that. So the ring-leaders are taking a risk. So instead of telling other people to organise/lead it, why don't you do it yourself?

Don't mean to specifically target you about this. But like all of these issues, there's a heck of a lot of criticism and baiting that comes from people who are willing to follow as long as someone else takes the biggest risk.

Absolute crap and more scaremongering, if enough people take the plunge nobody will be arrested or fined, but is it the way forward? On reflection I'm not sure it is.

• Backroom

Absolute crap and more scaremongering, if enough people take the plunge nobody will be arrested or fined, but is it the way forward? On reflection I'm not sure it is.

How is it crap? He said the ring-leaders would potentially get arrested and fined - which is probably pretty accurate. They wouldn't go after everyone on the pitch, they'd just go for those that started the trouble.

How is it crap? He said the ring-leaders would potentially get arrested and fined - which is probably pretty accurate. They wouldn't go after everyone on the pitch, they'd just go for those that started the trouble.

Did you go to the Wigan match? How many went on at the final whistle? 20? how many got arrested? Nobody, people need to keaning grow a pair.

Working class club with middle class fans.....

• Backroom

Did you go to the Wigan match? How many went on at the final whistle? 20? how many got arrested? Nobody, people need to keaning grow a pair.

I stopped going quite early into the Kean era, couldn't stand to watch us under his stewardship.

I take it you were there and one of the twenty, then?

Well I know someone who got arrested and fined for doing it and they've regretted it ever since. You must be more middle class than most if you can afford £1,000 to make a bit of a scene and annoy the FA. I certainly can't, thats more than I can save in a year.

Fans openly discussing pitch invasions and no one put in solitary confinement; times they are a changing.

Yes indeed. I would have expected the site stormtroopers to have marched in cracking skulls by this stage.

A proper pitch invasion would make people sit up and take notice, except probably in Pune.

Who cares, though? It would be great to see it.

• Moderation Lead

People making some good points. CLB is spot on with what he says, the thing that makes me the saddest is that Venky's have been allowed to get away with all this.

Can anyone image fans of any other club letting them get away with this? About 20 fans gave them stick and lobbed a snowball at one of them when they came for the Charlton game.....

Bet they had sleepless nights after that.....

Do you know John, you're wasted over in Toronto. Get back over here quick! :lol:

I'm dead against pitch invasions as they expect them and are ready for them, coppers everywhere, and are not newsworthy anyway. Plus, the risk of the first dude over the wall being the last is very high; I remember the lad who ran on in 1969 and booted Phil Parkes in the nuts being amazed no-one was behind him.

What will it take?

When the realisation sets in with fans that we are just a feeder club for Pune Rovers and the first batch of Indian kids come over to be bloodied in the English fourth division (they wouldn't cope with anything higher).

Re read and re listen to the Rao's, all their enthusiasm is for their academy and the possible football franchise in Pune, not Blackburn Rovers.

Ask yourself, what can Blackburn Rovers do for Pune Rovers.

Controversial and different, yes, I'm scraping the barrel searching for the end game.

Yes indeed. I would have expected the site stormtroopers to have marched in cracking skulls by this stage.

A proper pitch invasion would make people sit up and take notice, except probably in Pune.

Who cares, though? It would be great to see it.

Yes it would. And if it brought a match to a halt so much the better.

I wouldn't expect it to affect the Indian arsewipes but it would bring a huge amount of publicity and might make Rovers fans feel as if they had a voice.

It doesnt need to be a pitch invasion, it doesnt need to be everyone, it needs to be well planned, easy, innovative, and get good publicity, and if possible build a bit like a viral video.

I'm dead against pitch invasions as they expect them and are ready for them, coppers everywhere, and are not newsworthy anyway. Plus, the risk of the first dude over the wall being the last is very high; I remember the lad who ran on in 1969 and booted Phil Parkes in the nuts being amazed no-one was behind him.

Forgot to add..Now a game called off because neither team could get to the stadium due to sit down protests would make the news around the world!

People making some good points. CLB is spot on with what he says, the thing that makes me the saddest is that Venky's have been allowed to get away with all this.

Can anyone image fans of any other club letting them get away with this? About 20 fans 'greeted them' when they came for the Charlton game and didn't do diddly squat.....

Yes, unfortunately the fans have in large part sat back and taken this like good 'uns. At Ewood and elsewhere, Rovers fans tend to be an extremely docile bunch.

I was sat beside a few dolts in the Blackburn End when we got relegated. Looked at me as if I had two heads for shouting Kean Out/ Venky's Out.

At the Cork City game pre-season, the 'Irish Rovers' were almost as bad. Kean got off the bus smirking, ready to enjoy his afternoon in the sun - of the 30 or so fans gathered there in blue and white I was the only one to shout Kean Out - the rest sort of tittered embarrassedly, looked as if they wanted to apologise to him.

The truth hurts - there are a lot of half-arsed fans, not to mention thick ones, and if they had risen up back when this all started MAYBE it would have had an effect.

What will it take?

When the realisation sets in with fans that we are just a feeder club for Pune Rovers and the first batch of Indian kids come over to be bloodied in the English fourth division (they wouldn't cope with anything higher).

Re read and re listen to the Rao's, all their enthusiasm is for their academy and the possible football franchise in Pune, not Blackburn Rovers.

Ask yourself, what can Blackburn Rovers do for Pune Rovers.

Controversial and different, yes, I'm scraping the barrel searching for the end game.

Are you thinking what I have been wondering about the new pitch at Brockhall

I stopped going quite early into the Kean era, couldn't stand to watch us under his stewardship.

I never said I went on the pitch, but don't believe the people on here telling you you'll be shot in the head by a sniper on the Darwen End roof, it's not true.

Well I know someone who got arrested and fined for doing it and they've regretted it ever since.

I'm interested to know when?

Yes, unfortunately the fans have in large part sat back and taken this like good 'uns. At Ewood and elsewhere, Rovers fans tend to be an extremely docile bunch.

I was sat beside a few dolts in the Blackburn End when we got relegated. Looked at me as if I had two heads for shouting Kean Out/ Venky's Out.

At the Cork City game pre-season, the 'Irish Rovers' were almost as bad. Kean got off the bus smirking, ready to enjoy his afternoon in the sun - of the 30 or so fans gathered there in blue and white I was the only one to shout Kean Out - the rest sort of tittered embarrassedly, looked as if they wanted to apologise to him.

The truth hurts - there are a lot of half-arsed fans, not to mention thick ones, and if they had risen up back when this all started MAYBE it would have had an effect.

It was the Arsenal game at home , Kean was on his last legs and we somehow won !

It gave kean the opportuinity to put 2 fingers up to the fans ...

If we had lost that game , I suspect Kean wouldn't have seen the week out !

But then again !

With regard to the pitch invasion, I would prefer the calm and collected approach. Not an invasion as such, no fighting with stewards or bad behaviour, just eveyone leaving their seat and calmly walking onto the pitch then sitting down.

For it to be effective and to ensure no one is arrested, there needs to be several hundred/a couple of thousand taking part and with the best will in the world, that aint gonna happen.

Archived