BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Relegation threatened Sunderland sack manager Martin O'Neill

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I think it's just a nice opportunity for Dave to spin some positive PR before he leaves.

Stunned to see the majority of SAFC fans seemingly positive over PDC's appointment. I know O'Neill's tenure hasn't been great, but I didn't realise their expectations were so low.

Guest Norbert

Milliband would be too busy doing what his idol Blair has been since retiring from politics-networking with rich companies and individuals so he can feather his nest in later life as a consultant, or non-executive director of anyone that'll throw money his way. The charity thing is just a public good deed thing to act as cover. The political angle about Di Canio just made the decision to leave easier.

Has D Milliband resigned in protest? Or is it because he's going to leave the UK for New York soonish anyway?

On MOTD 2 Sunderland were reported as acknowledging Millibrand's resignation after Di Cannio was appointed, but didn't want to comment.

Why not? Milliband Major has resigned from political life just recently. Plus Di Canio has denied holding racist views.

Its Possibly because of his new post with the International Relief Association, It was founded at the suggestion of Albert Einstien, in order to assist Germans suffering under Adolf Hitler's government. Shortly afterwards they offered assistance to victims of persecution by Mussolini (Di Canio's Hero)

Drafted this about 2 weeks ago. Since then, Southampton is in 12th, leapfrogging Newcastle, Pardew having trouble, Norwich and Stoke. Not saying this is perfect but it gives you an idea. Looks like Reading and QPR are close to gone but Newcastle, Stoke, etc. getting reeled into this probably helps Wigan, Sunderland and Villa and some of these teams will play each other in potential 6 point games.

@ - Away to.

12) Southampton 34
-----
@Reading....
West Ham
@Swansea
West Brom
@Spurs
@Sunderland....
Stoke

13) Stoke 34 (did not figure out the matches for these 3, didn't picture all 3 dropping at least)

14) Norwich 34

15) Newcastle 33

16) Sunderland 31
-----
@CFC
@Newcastle
Everton
@Villa...
Stoke
Southampton....
@Spurs

17) Wigan 30
-------
@QPR....
@Man City
@WHU
Spurs
@West Brom
Swansea
@Arsenal
Villa....

(Wigan will lose to Man City but the others, they could have a chance at)

18) Aston Villa 30
--------
@Stoke
Fulham
@MUFC
Sunderland....
@Norwich
CFC
@Wigan...

19) QPR 23
-------
@Fulham
Wigan .....
@Everton
Stoke
@Reading....
Arsenal
Newcastle
@Liverpool

20) Reading 23
-----
Southampton....
Liverpool
@Norwich
@Fulham
Man City
@WHU

http://int.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/20122013/regular-season/?ICID=HP_POP_01

Just weeks ago, I thought it was too tight for Wigan but if they and Aston Villa too can nick a few of the crucial games, they could stay up.

Benitez vs. Di Canio next week, well, Sunderland has got to be desperate, I use to read the Ready Go, Love Supreme Sunderland forum ever so often, lots of friendly folk really.

Sunderland's a yo yo team, in a way, I don't blame them for being desperate, they have gone down I think a total of 3 times since the PL came in, at least 2.

Why not? Milliband Major has resigned from political life just recently. Plus Di Canio has denied holding racist views.

‘I’m a fascist, not a racist’ was Di Canio’s famous defence of his straight-armed salute to fans while playing for Lazio back in 2005.

So that's all right then.

FYI David Miliband said last night: "....in the light of the new manager’s past political statements, I think it right to step down."
Just so you don't try to defend the indefensible again.

‘I’m a fascist, not a racist’ was Di Canio’s famous defence of his straight-armed salute to fans while playing for Lazio back in 2005.

FYI David Miliband said last night: "....in the light of the new manager’s past political statements, I think it right to step down."

I thought he was bring employed as football team manager, with all the reactions you'd have thought he was being employed as a political advisor.

Di Canio appointed

Risky but at least they act quick and don't have a Shebby embarassing them for weeks

Tom it was months Shebby embarrassed before appointing a new manager on the subject of Shebby tommorrow's game is live on Malaysian TV I think it would be an excellent idea to send him back to cover the game and give us his expert analysis on Malaysian TV! lol!

They're due to play Newcastle soon. I can't wait for that. Imagine if the geordies get a dodgy penalty in the first 10 minutes, Paolo would be sent off in record time.

they'll prob need extra refs & linesman to cover themselves remember how PDC pushed over a referee in his playing days! lol!

Do you think Milliband would have stepped down if Di Canio had declared himself a 'communist not a racist'? Wouls that be 'allright then'?

Guest Norbert

Italian Fascism wasn't overtly racist until Mussolini became best mates with Hitler. It was nationalist, chauvinist, and had a big thing for reconstructing the Roman empire but the out-and-out anti Semitism etc. really got going in the late 30's, and World War 2 when the Nazis came to dominate that sort of politics.

Anyway, isn't Milliband of Jewish decsent as well? If so, that's another reason, as well as laying the foundations for making hot money like Blair.

Do you think Milliband would have stepped down if Di Canio had declared himself a 'communist not a racist'? Wouls that be 'allright then'?

Course he wouldn't. Communists are nice, cuddly people. :tu:

Italian Fascism wasn't overtly racist until Mussolini became best mates with Hitler. It was nationalist, chauvinist, and had a big thing for reconstructing the Roman empire but the out-and-out anti Semitism etc. really got going in the late 30's, and World War 2 when the Nazis came to dominate that sort of politics.

Anyway, isn't Milliband of Jewish decsent as well? If so, that's another reason, as well as laying the foundations for making hot money like Blair.

Miliband's off to the US for at least the next 3 years so he probably would have left Sunderland anyway. Tony took his cue from the evil one who has made a fortune on the US speaking circuit until she went ga-ga.

There were a few nutcases on here who wanted Di Canio to replace Kean. Where are they now ?

Guest Norbert

Part of me only wanted him for comedy purposes. Since we're doomed under these prats, at least we can cheer ourselves up by reading that Paolo has punched Shebby in the face and chased Shagnew around Ewood Park with a golf club.

Well it's good to see stupidity isn't limited to our lot (even though they have the monopoly on it).

Debatable whether MoN should've gone. I probably wouldn't have, but chairmen have itchy trigger fingers theses days.

But getting in Di Canio?!?

Firstly all success at Swindon has been accompanied by large amounts of money to make it possible. He will not have that spending power in the Premier League.

Secondly it's Swindon! He's had 2 years league 1 and 2 managerial experience. Not experienced in anyone's book.

Thirdly - he's as the chairman said a manager by hand grenade style - do you really want to work with that?

Fourthly - I'm not sure a confrontational abrasive attitude like his works at PL level. Didn't for Ince amongst others. Can't see Premier League stars being cowed by Canio's antics.

Having said that he's still a far better manager than we hope to get, which says a lot about us. Can't see it going well at Sunderland though.

Archived