BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday vs Blackburn Rovers, Saturday 06/04 15.00pm

Ahh good old wednesday!

Brings back some fine memories of a Monday night game at Ewood Park when Hodgson was in charge and we smashed them 7-2!

Ripley was completely unplayable that night and Benito Carbone scored an absolute pearler from 35 yards.

One of the best performanances ive ever seen at Ewood.

Excellent times!

That was my first experience of the Blackburn End, great entertainment.

Having worked in Sheffield for a few years, even sometimes match days at Hillsborough, I do have a soft spot for Weds.

However, today is the day we get serious and pull away from the drop zone.

3-0 win.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not looking forward to this one bit, it feels like Rovers' D-Day.

A defeat would really be critical in my view. A draw is fine. We know we'll concede at least one, probably from a free-kick or a corner, so we need to score first. If they score first, particularly if they get an early one, we'll be done for.

Here's hoping all this fretting's for nothing and we can come away with a draw or even a win.

• Backroom

Massive massive game I really feel we will stay up if we win and will be in deep deep trouble if we lose

2-0 to them is my prediction though I just can't see us having the fight in us

With my wife and all family big Wednesday fans, this game takes on even more significance for me - and for once we'll be sitting in opposite ends of the stadium.

Atmosphere at Hillsborough is always up there with any ground I've been to, just a shame there won't be as many of us as there perhaps should be.

I fear us going behind early on and then playing catch up.

Late goal, again, 1-1. Peace and harmony at home this evening.........

He was fouled.

You just carry on blaming everything on Lowe though :blink:

Never! he was just far too weak.

Dont know if you've noticed but Rovers arent winning many games.

As for Lowe lets throw in Dann, Murphy, Orr, Morris, Stewart and a few more along with their agents, the owners the board and the managers so far that have failed Blackburn Rovers football club and its supporters big big time.

Blackburn Rovers@OneRovers1m

ROVERS: Sandomierski, Kane, Dann, Hanley, Morris, Stewart, Williamson, Lowe, Jones, Dunn, Rhodes.

Blackburn Rovers@OneRovers2m

Subs: Usai, Givet, Pedersen, King, Nuno Gomes, Rekik, Kazim-Richards.

formation is 4-3-3 according to Radio Lancs

Wow. For a team that was in the PL last season that's an insanely weak team. Neither Bolton nor Wolves have declined so dramatically.

Having said all that, at least we've ditched 4-4-2.

Not sure how that can be 4-3-3 though, unless Dunn is out wide.

ROVERS: Sandomierski, Kane, Dann, Hanley, Morris, Stewart, Williamson, Lowe, Jones, Dunn, Rhodes.

I have NEVER known a team to change their line-up so much. No consistency whatsoever.

Sticking with 2-0 Wednesday. Stewart and Morris on our left hand side. WTF.

Where is Kaz? A team without a fit Kaz is unthinkable. We absolutely need his bullying, speed and aggression. This team has no guts, possible exception of Dunn.

Wow. For a team that was in the PL last season that's an insanely weak team. Neither Bolton nor Wolves have declined so dramatically.

Having said all that, at least we've ditched 4-4-2.

Not sure how that can be 4-3-3 though, unless Dunn is out wide.

dunn is out wide like he was against Blackpool.

fans complain about the same team playing week in week out,

so Bowyer makes changes and fans still moan.

Morris is playing left back cos both Olsson's are injured/not match fit.

interesting no Bentley, Best or Murphy even on bench. their performance against Brighton were shocking and rightly dropped.

Archived