BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NFL 2013 THREAD

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh right. I don't know much about the NFL, but I do get the impression that the Raiders are the equivilent to Milwall-everyone else hates them and they don't care.

Raiders can't quite be the equivalent of those teams because they use to be big winners, they have won 3 supebowls,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions

'77, '81 and '84. Famous players, Ken Stabler, Marcus Allen, Jim Plunkett. Bo Jackson with a short career...

Oh, and that's the team John Madden coached!

Such big winners and sort of a bad boy image. You wouldn't know they won a lot but they did. But that aura is long time removed, they have struggled for the most part of recent years and decades.

They were an old AFL team before the leagues merged, my friend liked them a lot, not myself. I have visited one of their message boards the "Black Hole", they use to be one of the most successful American sports franchises. It will never be that way again.

Such tragic news RIP to the little 2 year of AP , how can someone be so evil??

Horrific situation, he seems to be dealing with it with quite incredible strength.

Not that it takes anything away from the death of a toddler but I heard on the radio yesterday that Peterson only found out that the child was his 2 months ago. I wonder how strong the bond was?

Guest Norbert

Good to see the 49ers getting back on track. I remember I used to be quite into them during the Joe Montana/Jerry Rice era. My Giants supporting friend is pretty confident they'll get their first win against the Vikings. We'll see.

Good win for my team the packers last night, though it was marred by a bad looking injury to finley. Rodgers will be tested in next few weeks as he will be without 3 of his top 4 receiving targets :(

Bears and lions lost and hopefully giants smash the vikes tonight and its a grand weekend to be a packer in the NFC North

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000268792/article/greg-schiano-losing-tampa-bay-buccaneers-with-autocratic-style

Interesting read for someone who is not that knowledgable about the NFL. This coach sounds a right plank.

Top players getting annoyed and leaving, form falling apart, owners picking crap coaches..........sounds familiar.

Im sure Keano could turn his hand to the NFL. Perfect fit :)

Guest Norbert

No doubt he'd never lose the dressing room (or locker room as it should probably be called), and he'd sign Myles Anderson as one of the defensive players who go after the quarter back after seeing his tackling in training. Then he'd sign some Bhutanese man who he describes as the 'new Jerry Rice'.

At least there isn't relegation in the NFL.

Now, which team should he manage? I'll discount the 49ers, as they're sort of my team if I had to choose one. The Raiders perhaps?

No doubt he'd never lose the dressing room (or locker room as it should probably be called), and he'd sign Myles Anderson as one of the defensive players who go after the quarter back after seeing his tackling in training. Then he'd sign some Bhutanese man who he describes as the 'new Jerry Rice'.

At least there isn't relegation in the NFL.

Now, which team should he manage? I'll discount the 49ers, as they're sort of my team if I had to choose one. The Raiders perhaps?

Send him to Vikings. He'd look a right donut in bright purple

Guest Norbert

Send him to Vikings. He'd look a right donut in bright purple

He'd think he was the real purple Jesus (one of the best nicknames I have heard).

And I might watch a bit of the game on channel 4.

Guest Norbert

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2477641/Tottenham-Hotspur-courting-NFL-make-plans-65-000-stadium.html

I can't see a London based team being succesful. NFL fans over here already have their teams, and the Wembley games are a success because it in itself an event. There will be less of a novelty factor if a team is here playing 16 or more games. And then there is the travelling to play west coast teams.

Archived