BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With us all but safe (don't want to tempt fate) it's the time of the year that next years paperwork falls through the door. What sort of prices do people think we will be paying?

I genuinely believe they can't put the prices up, you would think we could lose 20%+ of ST holders from just chucking in the towel at being treated like idiots for the last 2.5yrs. Everybody at Ewood is so hacked off I think cheap tickets are the only reason our ST sales didn't drop below 5k, put them up to match the other championship clubs so maybe an average price of £350 and you'd have to think we would drop to maybe 4k ST holders.

At most clubs that are struggling financially (which we clearly are!!!) they usually ask the fans to help out and put prices up ... God help them if they try that here!!

I have had a season ticket every year since 1993 and next season I will not be purchasing one. I will still attend games but pay as you go rather than give Venkys all my money at once then if they carry on like the idiots thathey are then I have the choice not to fund them anymore. I think the majority of current season ticket holders will be thinking the same for next season.

Important decisions to be made.

We have both ST's and corporate, we still have a year left on our corporate package so I'd imagine we will stick with that until it expires.

As for ST's ? Tbh I think I'll give those up and buy tickets as and when I need them, what happens during the summer will have a big impact on my commitment, lets be honest the past two and a half years have been farcical and pathetic at best.

Will also go to away games, I've enjoyed the away days this season, if only for the beer and banter.

You have to ask just what is the benefit of having a season ticket?,I believe that many people who bought ST's have not even attended all the games,so the small financial saving is lost anyway.

Its not like we will be fighting for seats at Ewood either ^_^ ....I think the powers that be are in for a shock come August 2013!

I am a dick. If they put Season Tickets to £350, I would still buy one, but then again so would all my mates that have them at the moment they are all dicks too, and the odd fanny. I would however imagine that this will not be the case and that prices will be held near where they are now in order to facilate the £10 game offers etc...

I'd be amazed if tickets were anything other than the post early-bird price with maybe a small increase to cover inflation. Given the season we've had (on and off the pitch), I'd envisage a 10-15% drop-off in Season Tickets unless the owners show a sudden change in direction and start to run the club in a professional/responsible fashion.

Sub 10,000 crowds could be a semi-regular occurrence next season :(

I'd be amazed if tickets were anything other than the post early-bird price with maybe a small increase to cover inflation. Given the season we've had (on and off the pitch), I'd envisage a 10-15% drop-off in Season Tickets unless the owners show a sudden change in direction and start to run the club in a professional/responsible fashion.

Sub 10,000 crowds could be a semi-regular occurrence next season :(

That's optimistic! I'd say it'll be definitely sub-10,000 unless we bring in an inspired choice of manager.

They'll probably struggle to pretend we have 13,000 next season though when season ticket holders half - again.

That's optimistic! I'd say it'll be definitely sub-10,000 unless we bring in an inspired choice of manager.

They'll probably struggle to pretend we have 13,000 next season though when season ticket holders half - again.

Sorry, I wasn't quite clear enough - I meant 10,000 as in the total crowd, Season Tickets, walk-ons and away fans.

I'm pretty sure the official line was that, including half season ticket sales, the total figure of season tickets sold was either just short of or short over 10,000.

Sorry, I wasn't quite clear enough - I meant 10,000 as in the total crowd, Season Tickets, walk-ons and away fans.

I'm pretty sure the official line was that, including half season ticket sales, the total figure of season tickets sold was either just short of or short over 10,000.

Even on that basis, I reckon we are certain to have sub-10,000. The "could be" (in my mind) is sub-5000 (including walk-ons).

My gut feeling is that (assuming we are now safe), Venkys will believe that they don't have to change anything. The May board meeting will show 15th place in the league (or whatever) place and they'll give Bowyer a target of finishing in the top half, whilst cobbling together a team from the youth set-up and some loanees to prop us up. Can you believe that Josh Morris, Markus Olsson and Jasow Lowe are now seasoned first teamers and Grant Hanley is one of our top, top players?? If we lose Jordan Rhodes over the Summer then I think we can forget about the heady heights of 10,000 attendances (at least anywhere but on paper).

I wonder how many tickets the club can issue as freebies to certain charities and how this affects attendance? Could the club issue 100 tickets to "Tickets for Troops" and when only 20 turn up, count the full 100 in the total? (You see where I'm going with this...)

You have to ask just what is the benefit of having a season ticket?,I believe that many people who bought ST's have not even attended all the games,so the small financial saving is lost anyway.

Its not like we will be fighting for seats at Ewood either ^_^ ....I think the powers that be are in for a shock come August 2013!

This. The 3 season tickets I have always bought will not be renewed, at any price.

We weren't planning to renew ours last season because we always miss the start of the season. However, if we'd been in a decent position and the team had been thriving, even if we were still in the Championship, we'd have bought them this coming year. As it is, if nothing changes, we'll not bother. There will be plenty of tickets for matches we can go to and not having a season ticket will free us up, if we want to do something like visit our grandchildren in Munich, to do that of a weekend instead of going to Rovers.

Still in two minds about renewing. Every time I make my mind up not to, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, then when I decide I might renew, I think why put myself through it all again?

For a 57 year old man I don't half act childish!!

We weren't planning to renew ours last season because we always miss the start of the season. However, if we'd been in a decent position and the team had been thriving, even if we were still in the Championship, we'd have bought them this coming year. As it is, if nothing changes, we'll not bother. There will be plenty of tickets for matches we can go to and not having a season ticket will free us up, if we want to do something like visit our grandchildren in Munich, to do that of a weekend instead of going to Rovers.

You could tie that up with a trip to the Allianz Arena and watch a fabulous team, tell the grandchildren you are taking them out, then go watch football. ^_^

Still in two minds about renewing. Every time I make my mind up not to, I get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, then when I decide I might renew, I think why put myself through it all again?

Oh no you don't!

I'm ok I'm a child at 46 ha and have same thoughts

Archived