BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets 2013/14

Absolutely agree 47. To think for one minute that they care for our money. We should be absolutely skint, brassic, potless. Not a penny. The Reaper hovering above our door (does the Grim Reaper hover? Probably not, not in the holy grail anyway). To think we could pay for 3 bench warmers wages for a season, its an irrelevance. Anyone read the Championship proposals this past week? 16m wage ceiling was proposed. That's just our players who don't get a game.

Somehow we see fit to get some more players in. Proper players by the way who will give a damn (see elsewhere about their quality on this MB for that discussion, but what do people expect?). Either the others are about to be paid off and allowed to leave or there's some daft clubs willing to take them off our hands.

Either way, you just can't work it out. Passed caring? Never. Passed caring trying to work this shower out? Yep.

24m parachute next season, already spent by all accounts. Expect a fire sale. Hope for survival. It'll be like that for a while.

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

........The Reaper hovering above our door (does the Grim Reaper hover? Probably not, not in the holy grail anyway)........

No reapers in 'The Holy Grail' .... it was 'The Meaning of Life'.

If the club release season ticket prices you'll get fans moaning and groaning about the owners trying to get as much cash in as possible before they place the club into administration, then you others (or maybe the same - who knows these days) moaning and groaning about the owners not caring about the fans because they haven't released season ticket prices when A, there will hardly be a stampede and B, you'll get the inevitable moaners and groaners about the initial point re: cash/administration.

Whatever happened to taking a few weeks off after the season finished, take stock and then prepare for the upcoming season? Does it REALLY matter if season tickets/new shirts aren't released until the first week in June? Its bad enough being a Rovers fan as it is since our sale by the Walker Trust back in December 2010, without coming on here and reading the incessant moaning, whinging, crying, bitching and general doom and gloom around this MB. Whatever happened to 'gallows humour'?

In this age of rolling news, a thirst for instant/constant information (24/7) and of course our current plight it seems the moaning season never ends on BRFCS. Their is a deeply ingrained moaning culture on this MB, which has probably seen a lot of long term/quality posters disappear...like Ewood on a match day, BRFCS isn't in enjoyable experience anymore for the majority.

And before all the usual suspects blame the owners, look at yourselves first...YOU decide how to behave on match day, YOU decide what you type on here. I'll probably get a barrage of grief, but I'm not that arsed...I'm sick to death of EVERT thread I read going the same way within the first page.

Bit of a rant but at least I've got it off my chest..I'll go and get my tin hat.

If the club release season ticket prices you'll get fans moaning and groaning about the owners trying to get as much cash in as possible before they place the club into administration, then you others (or maybe the same - who knows these days) moaning and groaning about the owners not caring about the fans because they haven't released season ticket prices when A, there will hardly be a stampede and B, you'll get the inevitable moaners and groaners about the initial point re: cash/administration.

Whatever happened to taking a few weeks off after the season finished, take stock and then prepare for the upcoming season? Does it REALLY matter if season tickets/new shirts aren't released until the first week in June? Its bad enough being a Rovers fan as it is since our sale by the Walker Trust back in December 2010, without coming on here and reading the incessant moaning, whinging, crying, bitching and general doom and gloom around this MB. Whatever happened to 'gallows humour'?

In this age of rolling news, a thirst for instant/constant information (24/7) and of course our current plight it seems the moaning season never ends on BRFCS. Their is a deeply ingrained moaning culture on this MB, which has probably seen a lot of long term/quality posters disappear...like Ewood on a match day, BRFCS isn't in enjoyable experience anymore for the majority.

And before all the usual suspects blame the owners, look at yourselves first...YOU decide how to behave on match day, YOU decide what you type on here. I'll probably get a barrage of grief, but I'm not that arsed...I'm sick to death of EVERT thread I read going the same way within the first page.

Bit of a rant but at least I've got it off my chest..I'll go and get my tin hat.

Well said Andy. I think you have articulated the thoughts of the 'silent majority', certainly the ones I meat on a day to day basis, away from this 'navel gazing' forum.

You need to understand that many people use forums such as this to vent their spleen instead of taking the frustration to games. It's always been a place where opinions good or bad are encouraged and long may it continue good or bad. I know you're not asking people not to post opinions by the way.

Just on season tickets and shirts, in my opinion we've been getting it wrong for as long as I can remeber. Shirts should always be released before people go on the summer holidays, but it's hardly ever happened ever!

Surely there are some people who simply want to buy season tickets, Andy?

Seems like it's the most loyal fans who are now being ignored while everyone waits for the next board meeting to be convened so that Rovers will be back on Venkys' agenda - for 15 minutes.

(Hopefully) Agnew's 'promises' will be get onto the agenda.

"Loyal season ticket holders will be rewarded" - just wait a week until the announcement (hopefully).

"Glamour season opener against PL opposition" just wait a week until the announcement (hopefully).

Just hope people don't spend their money on a holiday after being sick of the recent cold, wet weather!

SO THE OWNERS ARE NOT TOO BLAME? WHY ARE THEY NOT?

WHAT DOES "YOU DECIDE HOW TO BEHAVE ON MATCH DAYS MEAN?

Are you really of the belief that venkyscum are blameless? Its a board for opinions is it not and things are not rosy ffs.Why are you a member of a trust that wants venkys out then ( or do you).As for season tickets not being announced and us MOANERS ,yes it would be nice to plan what funds we need.It may not be important for you to sort and plan finances but some of us dont have that luxury.

"...I'm sick to death of EVERT thread I read going the same way within the first page."

Surely every thread goes the same way because the root cause of everything is the idiots who own and run our club. It's difficult to discuss anything from who supplies the pies to the state of the pitch, from incoming players to the ones we want rid of without mentioning that our club is poorly run and potentially, with the odd exception, rotten and ailing from top to bottom. That is the reality of what we have to face and since there is no other way to express our concerns - the owners and their allies don't give a toss and the authorities are too busy worrying about any wrongdoing that might be uncovered reflecting badly on them that they refuse to even look at what might be going on - we vent our frustration on here. It's not good. this is meant to be a forum to discuss football, our team, our players and how we can improve. However, since we can't improve in any significant way until the owners go or there is at very least a purge of the staff who have got us to this stage, how can we discuss anything else? Boring, yes. Ultimately futile, yes. But everyone has to have a release valve and for many of us, this is it.

"...I'm sick to death of EVERT thread I read going the same way within the first page."

Surely every thread goes the same way because the root cause of everything is the idiots who own and run our club. It's difficult to discuss anything from who supplies the pies to the state of the pitch, from incoming players to the ones we want rid of without mentioning that our club is poorly run and potentially, with the odd exception, rotten and ailing from top to bottom. That is the reality of what we have to face and since there is no other way to express our concerns - the owners and their allies don't give a toss and the authorities are too busy worrying about any wrongdoing that might be uncovered reflecting badly on them that they refuse to even look at what might be going on - we vent our frustration on here. It's not good. this is meant to be a forum to discuss football, our team, our players and how we can improve. However, since we can't improve in any significant way until the owners go or there is at very least a purge of the staff who have got us to this stage, how can we discuss anything else? Boring, yes. Ultimately futile, yes. But everyone has to have a release valve and for many of us, this is it.

Agree completely.

But the club - and some fans close to the club - think we should just 'get real' and 'move on'.

SO THE OWNERS ARE NOT TOO BLAME? WHY ARE THEY NOT?

WHAT DOES "YOU DECIDE HOW TO BEHAVE ON MATCH DAYS MEAN?

Are you really of the belief that venkyscum are blameless? Its a board for opinions is it not and things are not rosy ffs.Why are you a member of a trust that wants venkys out then ( or do you).As for season tickets not being announced and us MOANERS ,yes it would be nice to plan what funds we need.It may not be important for you to sort and plan finances but some of us dont have that luxury.

Its seems that once again you have either deliberately mistakenly misunderstood what I said...as for season ticket cash, I'm sure you said it was burning a hole in your pocket - not quite the "sort and plan finances" picture you like to paint. ;)

The owners have done plenty wrong (keeping the vastly subsidised season ticket is about the only thing the HAVE done correctly), however if you think by trying the big tough guy approach with aggressive points, caps lock questions and general 'anybody who doesn't slag the owners off no matter what' or 'agree with me or you're a ****' attitude doesn't really suit somebody if your age.

I don't disagree with any of the above, however after 30 months it becomes more than a little tiresome - its seems that there is nowhere online immune from the moaning, a sad reflection on our current position as a club and set of fans/supporters.

Agree completely.

But the club - and some fans close to the club - think we should just 'get real' and 'move on'.

I hope you don't include me in that bracket?!?!

Its seems that once again you have either deliberately mistakenly misunderstood what I said...as for season ticket cash, I'm sure you said it was burning a hole in your pocket - not quite the "sort and plan finances" picture you like to paint. ;)

The owners have done plenty wrong (keeping the vastly subsidised season ticket is about the only thing the HAVE done correctly), however if you think by trying the big tough guy approach with aggressive points, caps lock questions and general 'anybody who doesn't slag the owners off no matter what' or 'agree with me or you're a ****' attitude doesn't really suit somebody if your age.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ive worked every hour I can to scrape money together ,you try handing 44% of your wage over. Yes it is burning a hole in my pocket as I have other things to pay for aside rovers. I AINT BEING A "TOUGH GUY" FFS. I AM PASSIONATE THATS ALL.ALSO WHAT CONCERN OF YOURS IS IT AS TO MY AGE ?

oh ok i give in hail hail the venkys .

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Ive worked every hour I can to scrape money together ,you try handing 44% of your wage over. Yes it is burning a hole in my pocket as I have other things to pay for aside rovers. I AINT BEING A "TOUGH GUY" FFS. I AM PASSIONATE THATS ALL.ALSO WHAT CONCERN OF YOURS IS IT AS TO MY AGE ?

oh ok i give in hail hail the venkys .

Do you ever try to have a sensible debate about it, or do you just come out with daft comments like the above highlighted in bold? With people like you, you don't want a debate, you just want to slag off anybody who doesn't agree with your view point...

Do you ever try to have a sensible debate about it, or do you just come out with daft comments like the above highlighted in bold? With people like you, you don't want a debate, you just want to slag off anybody who doesn't agree with your view point...

You're now doing exactly what you originally complained about!?

so its ok for you to slate me but when i come back its being an arse ...are you for real or what?

so i slate venkys and im wrong and then i hail them for you and its still wrong :unsure:

I'm sure you don't really give two ***** about me or indeed my opinion on you - debate is good, if its healthy and constructive. Surely we can agree on that then I can get back to this work? :wub:

So the debate gets "healthy" and you accuse me of being a "tough guy " . So to keep the debate good ive got to keep it so your opinion is right, dont slate venkys and dont have an opinion. This is the 2nd time in as many days ive trust folk having a pop at me for slagging the venkys ...why? Is there some secret venky footsie being played out behind closed doors?

no

So the debate gets "healthy" and you accuse me of being a "tough guy " . So to keep the debate good ive got to keep it so your opinion is right, dont slate venkys and dont have an opinion. This is the 2nd time in as many days ive trust folk having a pop at me for slagging the venkys ...why? Is there some secret venky footsie being played out behind closed doors?

No agenda here...where have I said don't slate Venkys? Where have I said you must agree with me? Daft comments like this "Is there some secret venky footsie being played out behind closed doors?" don't do you any favours at all - infact they make you look a bit daft IMO. Have you ever thought your abrasive style of posting does you no favours, and just maybe rubs some people up the wrong way?

what has got to do with you the "style" I use. You mistake me for someone who gives a ,,,,, what you think. Bit personal that calling me daft that does you no favours either in your better than me style.

anyhows im taking the dog a walk at least it talks more sense.

No rovers football being played, no manager announced, new executive appointment fore-shadowed weeks ago but nothing since, too early for transfers in or out, I could go on.

"The devil makes work for idle hands" as I remember it!

Lets look at the issues

Team - shambles

Board - shambles

Team manager position - shambles

Search for a new team manager - shambles

Player recruitment policy - shambles

Club finances - shambles

Club ownership -shambles

Club communication - shambles

Club commercial side - shambles

Yep I can see why people should stay positive

Archived