Team manager position - shambles

Search for a new team manager - shambles

Player recruitment policy - shambles

Club finances - shambles

Club ownership -shambles

Club communication - shambles

Club commercial side - shambles

Yep I can see why people should stay positive

Pretty good summing up and I would add 'support dwindling'.

As someone previously said, some people don't see beyond the shirt.

Its like them saying it doesnt matter about tickets being on sale yet...blackpool and burnley were selling season tickets 6 months before the season kicks off.(too earlier but they did)

Do you ever try to have a sensible debate about it, or do you just come out with daft comments like the above highlighted in bold? With people like you, you don't want a debate, you just want to slag off anybody who doesn't agree with your view point...

Do you want a debate? Failing to come up with season ticket prices and put season tickets on sale 2 months after it usually happens is disorganised, damaging and incompetent. I fail to see any other way to look at it. Of course there is the option of not looking at it so you don't say anything negative, and that's what you seem to want people to do. So if we're not actually gonna look at and make judgements on anything bad currently going on at Rovers, then there's no debate to be had on most issues.

It's a very valid point SKH.

At the moment, the options seem to be to vent your frustration, or completely ignore what's going on.

There is little-to-nothing to shout about regarding the 2013 version of BRFC.

The excuse given in the LT a week or so was that we had been waiting to see what Division we were in before releasing prices.

That's fair enough, but they should have been ready to go out a couple of days after the season finished thereby raising the possibility of benefitting from a slight feelgood factor created by staying up.

If there was any at all it's gone now. For those of us that are happy with Bowyer remaining as permanent manager, there should have been a carefully timed release of the news of Bowyer's permanent appointment a couple of days after the end of the season to coincide with the season ticket prices which should have been another pleasant surprise in that prices were once again extremely reasonable. The only reason to delay would have been if a managerial appointment of the ilk of Jose Mourinho was in the offing a little later in the close season.

As it is, we keep prevaricating over the announcement of Bowyer's appointment creating the impression we can't decide whether to go with him or not, and whilst I'll be there next season I suspect every day that passes with no news on ST's people lose just that little bit more interest.

This is a another example of the reason I asked previously "Just what the **** does Agnew actually do at Ewood on a day to day basis? He "directs operations" supposedly. Well, the release of season ticket prices is a prime example of an operation that needs directing.

The excuse given in the LT a week or so was that we had been waiting to see what Division we were in before releasing prices.

That's fair enough, but they should have been ready to go out a couple of days after the season finished thereby raising the possibility of benefitting from a slight feelgood factor created by staying up.

If there was any at all it's gone now. For those of us that are happy with Bowyer remaining as permanent manager, there should have been a carefully timed release of the news of Bowyer's permanent appointment a couple of days after the end of the season to coincide with the season ticket prices which should have been another pleasant surprise in that prices were once again extremely reasonable. The only reason to delay would have been if a managerial appointment of the ilk of Jose Mourinho was in the offing a little later in the close season.

As it is, we keep prevaricating over the announcement of Bowyer's appointment creating the impression we can't decide whether to go with him or not, and whilst I'll be there next season I suspect every day that passes with no news on ST's people lose just that little bit more interest.

This is a another example of the reason I asked previously "Just what the **** does Agnew actually do at Ewood on a day to day basis? He "directs operations" supposedly. Well, the release of season ticket prices is a prime example of an operation that needs directing.

Good post.

The only way I can make any 'sense' of it, is if Shinghnew have absolutely no power to do anything without sign off by Desai, and she only considers Rovers once a month during the board meeting.

In my opinion, they are too proud/privileged to delegate any decision making to a traditional football club board (a minimal group only in place for UK regulatory purposes) - and will not be proven wrong from doing things their way. We are therefore stuck with the kind of people willing to put up with such an arrangement.

We are doomed by inertia.

Do you want a debate? Failing to come up with season ticket prices and put season tickets on sale 2 months after it usually happens is disorganised, damaging and incompetent. I fail to see any other way to look at it. Of course there is the option of not looking at it so you don't say anything negative, and that's what you seem to want people to do. So if we're not actually gonna look at and make judgements on anything bad currently going on at Rovers, then there's no debate to be had on most issues...ok, let's spin the season ticket issue on its head. Take yourself back to the beginning of April - back to back relegation was looking on the cards with certain 'noisy' posters suggesting that administration was a formality and only a matter of time. Now image the season ticket renewal form lands on your doormat - what do you do? Sprint down to Ewood, fighting your way through the crowds and when you finally reach the front of the queue wave £250/£300 in their face demanding your seat renewed ASAP.....or grab your laptop/tablet/phone and get straight on here decrying the owners of trying to cream as much cash out of the supporters before running for the hills, leaving Shagnew to call in the Administrators?

The point I'm trying to make is that they've made such a balls up of things (some need to note I don't have my head in the clouds, up my arse or indeed in the sand when it comes to the owners) even when we sign a player for £8m (club record by the way), the immediate reaction isn't 'Christ they're showing ambition' its 'ffs they're risking the financial future of the club'.

The point I'm trying to make is that they've made such a balls up of things (some need to note I don't have my head in the clouds, up my arse or indeed in the sand when it comes to the owners) even when we sign a player for £8m (club record by the way), the immediate reaction isn't 'Christ they're showing ambition' its 'ffs they're risking the financial future of the club'.

That is due to the history of their decision making for Blackburn Rovers. They appear to all and sundry as incompetents.

For most of the fanbase I think they've burned their bridges and will never be trusted again. Cynicism is understandable and I don't think you should deride it.

Do you honestly think they have shown any ambition? The Rhodes signing is an oddball one and does not strike me as a Venkys brainchild.

And the automatic reaction will be " And where did the money for that one come from?" because we know that they have sold or got rid of high earners, those who will bring in big fees, and have apparently spent the parachute payments for this season already. Is it any wonder we question everything they do.

• Backroom

Imagine that, fans actually worrying about the financial future of the club rather than blindly screaming for joy when millions of pounds are spent on an already bloated squad with a massive wage bill. Maybe we should be like the Pompey fans and just enjoy the ride until it all comes crashing down around us. It's been great so far, after all.

Fernhurst, what ever has happened, whatever will happen, the fans are not to blame. We are the ones suffering, the only ones suffering. You get tired of the negativity on here---fine. I get furious when the fans are blamed for it by other fans who should know better.

Seems like its been quite a bitchy day all round on here.

I've decided I'll be getting an season tkt for next season, not exactly re-newing though(as I haven't had a st for a few years) I think next season is going to be a goodN(for entertainment value anyway) please don't ask me to justify why I think this, as I have no good answer, Its just a feeling I have.

Do you honestly think they have shown any ambition? The Rhodes signing is an oddball one and does not strike me as a Venkys brainchild.

Dead right. The Rhodes thing is a complete anomaly. I didn't get it, especially after actively p**ing away the premiership status that we worked so hard to attain in the first place.

We should never forget that this was no ordinary relegation. Blackburn Rovers were actively taken down. A premiership squad that only survived on the final day was dismantled.

You could be forgiven for thinking it was deliberate. Every action, every decision seemed construed to produce one outcome...relegation. I never understood the endgame Certainly, I will never forgive them ( Venky's plus Agent plus Kean plus Agnew), especially without one hint of acknowledgement, responsibility etc....Hey Ho..Let's all move on!

Dead right. The Rhodes thing is a complete anomaly. I didn't get it, especially after actively p**ing away the premiership status that we worked so hard to attain in the first place.

We should never forget that this was no ordinary relegation. Blackburn Rovers were actively taken down. A premiership squad that only survived on the final day was dismantled.

You could be forgiven for thinking it was deliberate. Every action, every decision seemed construed to produce one outcome...relegation. I never understood the endgame Certainly, I will never forgive them ( Venky's plus Agent plus Kean plus Agnew), especially without one hint of acknowledgement, responsibility etc....Hey Ho..Let's all move on!

Yup, onwards and upwards!

Word going round is that tickets are similar price to this season,and the season after next £50 to season ticket holders,don't know if true but heard off 3 different sources!

Cynic mode on.

If that's true it sounds like Venkys and co won't be here the season after next, if we aren't promoted. And if we are promoted, season tickets pale compare to new PL TV money.

Possible hospital pass for when the next owners take over. Massive costs and minimum income.

Cynic mode off.

Happy days, cheap tickets. :)

Way it's going there will be no tickets on sale .. Nearly two weeks since @onerover tweeted HOPEFULLY think he mis tweeted no hope .

Joke club from top to bottom .

You could always nip down to the club and hand over £250 in lieu of season tickets going on sale, making up the difference later

Archived