BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Robert Coar

So why did Jack Walker retain him as Chairman? Jack rewarded loyalty not deceit.

He has no power over the Venky's, and no authority at Ewood Park anymore so what can he do other than gob off to no purpose and lose his position for no purpose?

The mans a well-respected former FA chairman, if he’d have raised his concerns sooner things may have been different.

Coar was one of Jacks right hand men at the club, what price a bit of loyalty? I know for a fact I’d have spoken out even if it meant me losing my position, something are more important than retaining your position, but maybe I’m in the minority.

Coar was one of Jacks right hand men at the club, what price a bit of loyalty? I know for a fact I’d have spoken out even if it meant me losing my position, something are more important than retaining your position, but maybe I’m in the minority.

And exactly what would that have achieved?

Gav you really need to start thinking with a long head.

And exactly what would that have achieved?

Gav you really need to start thinking with a long head.

If a well respect former FA Chairman spoke out against the ludicrous goings on at the club, what would have achieved? Well if nothing else it would have made people sit up and take note, instead of allowing things to rumble on with the national media none the wiser for 2yrs.

He’s got a lot to answer for in my book, I can't for the life of me understand how can justify not saying anything, after Jack made him a very wealthy man, what price a bit of loyalty?

This from the one and only proponent of Lancashire Utd.

Another critic eh? God you lot are so devoid of constructive thought processes it's untrue.

C'mon then chris. Don't come up with the usual flaccid @#/? "if that happens I wont go". Give us all the benefit of your wisdom and obvious business acumen and put forward your plan to provide people in this area with top quality football instead of being consigned to generation after generation of lower league dross with the only hope of real success when once every blue moon somebody crawls up to the top Div only to have all their dreams and hopes being dashed on the rocks of a one season losing fight against relegation. The Prem is a dream for most fans but we know that it is sh1t unless your club is in the top half.

Why shouldn't we ALL have a club to be proud of instead of one which will inevitably be subject to a lingering death? Doesn't matter if it's BRFC cos all our neighbours are in the same boat. Attendances should have told you that too few can be arsed watching lower league stuff anymore played by a rag tag collection of glorified park footballers, wannabees and never will be's. Why should all our kids be seduced away by one or other of the big clubs cos that is what is happening right now? Don't ever doubt that will happen cos I've already seen it. Remember if you want something different to happen, you have to do something different!

Alternatively you can do what Jim etc do and shove your head where the sun don't shine and hope that everything will work out ok .... next season.

Better posters than me have attempted without success to point out how your hideous idea wouldn't work under any circumstances. I wouldn't be so arrogant to believe that I could succeed where they have failed.

I was merely pointing out that you are as susceptible to purporting nonsence as many others on here. ( me included)

Better posters than me have attempted without success to point out how your hideous idea wouldn't work under any circumstances. I wouldn't be so arrogant to believe that I could succeed where they have failed.

That is just more criticism. You don't appear to have an original thought in your head. Stuff being in with the usual posse just give me your thoughts on how people in this area can have a club up there with the best. Even if Jack was resurrected the new rules coming into being will make doing what he did 20 years ago impossible.

C'mon Chris. Off you go, give us all the benefit of your wisdom. I'm really looking forward to this.

Nobody will watch your Lancs Utd, therefore there will be no matchday income and, as a result, no sponsorship. Your horrible mutation will sink faster than a club under Indian ownership.

There, that was easy.

2nd proponent of Lancs United. We need the pulling power of a larger catchment area.

Forget about Bumley and concentrate on Rovers/PNE -if need be at Samlesbury.

Leave Ewood for the Venkys - they deserve the morgue it will become next year.

I would love for this to be properly discussed with the real "pros and cons" debated by open-minded folk.

Sadly all we ever get is "what a stupid idea", "it'll never work - end of, "I can't believe this dumb idea is still being discussed". Even the board admin changed the "Lancashire United" term to "Blackburn Rovers" for a while.

Everyone on this board would prefer a thriving, competitive BRFC but some can see a dwindling fanbase/club/town and think beyond. The only hope is that all of the new further educational facilities being built in town bring lots of young people to the area. However, with PL clubs only a train ride away, not many are likely to be interested in third tier football with bitter fans.

We seem to be back in the position we were before Jack came and with no prospect of another local business man being willing, able or even allowed (FFP) to do it again. Without this, we are reliant on the money generated through sponsorship and the turnstiles. With people abandoning Ewood in their droves, out if an already small catchment area, the only way forward seems to be to widen the catchment area.

The alternative is lower division football against Bury, Stanley, Morecambe and Preston, while Burnley limp along without us. If they don't survive this year, Wigan could follow - certainly the have an interesting future post-Whelan.

I don't expect it will happen any time soon from a grassroots level unless 10,000 fans rock up at a non-League newco - can't see it.

Perhaps it needs Dave Whelan to begin talks with local clubs to rename and relocate Wigan more centrally (MK Dons-style) - failing that he is likely to try to sell to avoid leaving an albatross for his family.

There are some good people trying to keep football clubs scraping by with innovative ideas to squeeze as much as they can out of their 'own' townsfolk - in a time of austerity and decline. It's such a shame to see them struggle when it could be so much more rewarding.

Meanwhile, we fans can't even see beyond our boundary walls when it comes to watching Lancashire football clubs play. Due to 'tribal rules'.

My cousin's step-son gets to go to watch Burnley and Rovers and enjoys both (he's 7). I hope he doesn't have that enthusiasm "grown-out" of him due to peer pressure.

In fact, I'm thinking of sacking my season ticket and instead taking in a pick of games across Lancashire - at all levels - next season. Maybe I could make a social club out of it. Who'd be up for that?

Lancashire United will forever be an abhorrent prospect to many.

If it's not Blackburn Rovers then I don't have the passion or the interest for general football. I don't watch it on TV. I once went to Stanley to hopefully see them win to get into the league (Grays Athletic beat them) and when Stanley scored I was happy for their fans but there was no emotion from myself.

Only Blackburn Rovers can make this grown man act like a demented fool in a row of seats/lounge/shout like mad whilst driving

2nd proponent of Lancs United. We need the pulling power of a larger catchment area.

Forget about Bumley and concentrate on Rovers/PNE -if need be at Samlesbury.

Leave Ewood for the Venkys - they deserve the morgue it will become next year.

I like the idea.

Lancashire United will forever be an abhorrent prospect to many.

If it's not Blackburn Rovers then I don't have the passion or the interest for general football. I don't watch it on TV. I once went to Stanley to hopefully see them win to get into the league (Grays Athletic beat them) and when Stanley scored I was happy for their fans but there was no emotion from myself.

Only Blackburn Rovers can make this grown man act like a demented fool in a row of seats/lounge/shout like mad whilst driving

Me me me . Usual objection I'm afraid. Why not be less selfish and consider future generations instead? Your kids would thank you instead of damning you to hell for making them support some lame dog team in the basement divisions.

Just imagine if Hitlers bombs had dropped on Turf, Ewood, Deepdale, Bloomfield and Burnden. Then suppose that some some wealthy entrepreneur had had the foresight to set up Lancashire County with a state of the art ground somewhere around Salmesbury. With the MWay links by now we'd have forgotten all about the town teams and all be committed Lancashire County/Utd fans by now. In truth we all class ourselves as Lancashire supporters at cricket don't we?

I think a move like this is inevitable sooner or later. In fact I'm certain of it. All the press and media are concerned by is what goes on in the Premier League, and with Sky TV and the internet taking over more and more things are changing fast. Take shopping as a pointer. Town centres are dying on their feet, with internet shopping, out of town sites and the Trafford Centre 30 mins away, so who the hell wants to grub around the boarded up premises and the pound shops in BBurn centre? Our demography has changed to the extent that the hinterland of Blackburn cannot fund a proper centre with unique and quality shops and football is no different. Dinosaurs became extinct because they couldn't adapt to changing times and small clubs are bound to do the same.

So instead of giving flat refusals like just about every other objector Blue and white give us some alternatives to turn BRFC into a self financing Premier league club.

Archived