BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust's March Letter To Mrs Desai

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like everything else, it would probably have just been ignored. It is to be fair to Wayne and Ozz, a pretty straight forward request. There basically seems no mention of the current state of the club, or the feelings of the fans ie the anger and hatred. Instead, it just puts it out there, for them to either accept and try and rectify things, or ignore and simply just allow the club and themselves to be further ridiculed.

we probably know which way it is going to go, but we live in hope(small bit of hope)

Ozz! Surely his real name would be better? Or am I being picky that nicknames have no place on formal letters?

To be honest, this is the first thing I thought.

If 'Ozz' is a nickname, it comes across as being unprofessional and amateurish.

If it is his/her real name...erm...unlucky.

Ozz! Surely his real name would be better? Or am I being picky that nicknames have no place on formal letters?

I agree, however it might as well have a picture of big bird & the cookie monster on it for the amount of attention it's likely to get! I doubt they'll read past the UK postmark on the envelope!

To be honest, this is the first thing I thought.

If 'Ozz' is a nickname, it comes across as being unprofessional and amateurish.

If it is his/her real name...erm...unlucky.

I agree, however it might as well have a picture of big bird & the cookie monster on it for the amount of attention it's likely to get! I doubt they'll read past the UK postmark on the envelope!

I thought exactly the same.

Hope the group gets a response soon.

• Moderation Lead

Has the rovers trust had a reply yet??!

Have they sh1te!

Like everything else, it would probably have just been ignored. It is to be fair to Wayne and Ozz, a pretty straight forward request. There basically seems no mention of the current state of the club, or the feelings of the fans ie the anger and hatred. Instead, it just puts it out there, for them to either accept and try and rectify things, or ignore and simply just allow the club and themselves to be further ridiculed.

we probably know which way it is going to go, but we live in hope(small bit of hope)

Aye, a bit too nice really, though sure it's better to sugar-coat it when trying to make contact :tu:

I'm not surprised there's been no reply, the letter was so fawning and cringeworthy in its opening sentences I couldn't read any further. Images of the Pune 9 bowing and scraping to them come to mind.

I'm not surprised there's been no reply, the letter was so fawning and cringeworthy in its opening sentences I couldn't read any further. Images of the Pune 9 bowing and scraping to them come to mind.

As the saying goes, if you play pussy, you're gonna get @#/?.

Why not write a letter to their advisers?

Always say it, whether it be a TV interview or statements in the media, the Rao family don't understand football, or how to run a club, so will never entertain this type of dialogue directly.

This probably wouldn't make any difference whatsoever but has anybody actually thought of writing these letters in Indian? I know English is a pretty much universal language and maybe the one used in world business. If I got a letter from a foreigner trying to get my attention I'd like it in my language. Forget this post if a version of both languages was sent though.

• Backroom

Could not agree more. I guess they thought the only way to get them to listen was to pathetically suck up. Made me sick reading it.

Problem is, was, always will be their lack of empathy to us. The fans. JW, Simon Hunt etc wrote polite forthright letters to her lady ship outlining the incompetence. They were on the inside, but not for much longer. Write a truthful letter now, write a fawning letter, write a conciliatory letter like this.....matters not, they are wrapped in (hopefully) asbestos. Couldn't care less, in it for the long haul, love the fans......snooze button - they will go at a time of their choosing

Could not agree more. I guess they thought the only way to get them to listen was to pathetically suck up. Made me sick reading it.

It made you SICK reading it ? Deep apologies for that sir, that wasn't the intention.

This letter was constructed over a period of at least a month. We tried very very hard to get the sentiment, content and format of the letter correct. We were only ever going to get one shot at it. We took advice from many channels before signing off the final version. There has been widespread thanks and congratulations on our efforts from a large number of followers and especially our members who received an email with a copy of the letter first thing this morning. But we obviously can't please everyone.

If you would like to construct a letter you think should have been written with some hope of getting a reply then please send it to us and we will try our very best to get a reply for you also.

Archived