BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust's March Letter To Mrs Desai

Guest Wen Y Hu

As the only official Supporters Trust of Blackburn Rovers, we must approach all matters with a level of professionalism. Does anyone think the Trust sending a letter in an aggressive, demanding and posturing tone would help? This was the only way to approach the Raos that could possibly have the smallest chance of getting any response.

We gave it to Derek Shaw to pass on to Mrs Desai, which he has promised he has done. We understand that she is in receipt of it also. The matter of which language to use was also discussed and we were advised that English was the best choice.

We CANNOT FORCE a sale from them, but by using this constructive approach at least we can say we have given ourselves the best opportunity of getting a foot in the door. If they continue to ignore us or chose to decline our offer of help then so be it. We have other irons in the fire which we will then consider using.

Personally, I am extremely proud of the content of the letter, and stand by its content and in the way we have gone about trying to establish some sort of line of communication with our current owners. Who is to say that this may not still illicit a response? But, as T4E points out, to continue to ignore such approaches whilst things at Ewood slide from bad, to worse then worse still is folly of the highest order.

Don't get me wrong, as in my previous post, it is extremely laudable, but over two years plus, they have had not one jot of the clubs interests at heart. Great sentiments, nil response.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the only official Supporters Trust of Blackburn Rovers, we must approach all matters with a level of professionalism. Does anyone think the Trust sending a letter in an aggressive, demanding and posturing tone would help? This was the only way to approach the Raos that could possibly have the smallest chance of getting any response.

We gave it to Derek Shaw to pass on to Mrs Desai, which he has promised he has done. We understand that she is in receipt of it also. The matter of which language to use was also discussed and we were advised that English was the best choice.

We CANNOT FORCE a sale from them, but by using this constructive approach at least we can say we have given ourselves the best opportunity of getting a foot in the door. If they continue to ignore us or chose to decline our offer of help then so be it. We have other irons in the fire which we will then consider using.

Personally, I am extremely proud of the content of the letter, and stand by its content and in the way we have gone about trying to establish some sort of line of communication with our current owners. Who is to say that this may not still illicit a response? But, as T4E points out, to continue to ignore such approaches whilst things at Ewood slide from bad, to worse then worse still is folly of the highest order.

Well said Ozz. +100

It has to be a balanced letter, however much the Rao's are despised. Thank you to the Trust for this initiative.

Can't even be bothered reading the letter. When it first appeared things were going wrong, people on here were talking about writing letters and asking for e-mail addresses etc. Now, two or so years later, we're going down that line again.

It has been clear (to a few) all along that there has been a need to make it as uncormfortable as possible for Venky's to run this club. Adverse publicity at all costs. To make them feel that it is just not worth their while to be associated with us.

The 'protests' were not worthy of the name. Whilst I don't condone breaking the law, and have no intention of doing anything like that myself, I have seen more trouble at a childrens' tea party when the jelly ran out.

Really we only have ourselves to blame. Constant bleating and no action from a passive, meak and mild support.

There have been some great ideas recently. I like the 'hundreds of eggs on the pitch' one from earlier today. Turn your backs on the pitch idea. Stay in the concourse for ten minutes, leaving an empty stadium, then take your seats. Etc, etc.

Anything to give these raping, bast*rds a bit of bad publicity. It should have been protests one game, another course of action the next, something else in the next, back to protests in the next and so on. The heat should have been turned up and it should have been constant.

But do you know what? You only have to read the comments on here over the months and the undoubted tut tutting that will meet this post, to realise that that sort of thing would never happen with a milksop support such as ours.

If Venky's filled the pitch sprinklers with sh!te, positioned them to face the stands and turned them on full belt, most of the crowd would just shrug their shoulders and say, 'well what can we do.'

See my post of ten mins ago CLB. Some people may wish to use different approaches, this is ours.

ss3488043_-_photograph_of_jimmy_nail_as_

Why aye man!

The real question is "What is Ozz's real name?" ;)

http://www.roverstrust.com/bios/

I`m the second one down.

This is an exercise in diplomacy, strategy and tactics.

I guess the Trust has made the following calculations:

- Venkys will not sell the club

- protests have failed

- Venkys do not want to lose face by admitting failure

Therefore another way of working with Venkys is needed. After advice the Trust has made this move.

They deserve our support.

I think the letter was constructed in the ONLY way to have a chance of any of them reading it. Well done on that score. With all the anger that's going in at the minute it's difficult for some to read it objectively - it must have been a lot harder to write. I just hope it hits the spot.

Like T4E though, I would like to see this printed 'open letter' style on a national newspaper - and if possible the Pune Times (or whatever the main newspaper is). Maybe even a popular Indian business journal.

Can't even be bothered reading the letter. When it first appeared things were going wrong, people on here were talking about writing letters and asking for e-mail addresses etc. Now, two or so years later, we're going down that line again.

It has been clear (to a few) all along that there has been a need to make it as uncormfortable as possible for Venky's to run this club. Adverse publicity at all costs. To make them feel that it is just not worth their while to be associated with us.

The 'protests' were not worthy of the name. Whilst I don't condone breaking the law, and have no intention of doing anything like that myself, I have seen more trouble at a childrens' tea party when the jelly ran out.

Really we only have ourselves to blame. Constant bleating and no action from a passive, meak and mild support.

There have been some great ideas recently. I like the 'hundreds of eggs on the pitch' one from earlier today. Turn your backs on the pitch idea. Stay in the concourse for ten minutes, leaving an empty stadium, then take your seats. Etc, etc.

Anything to give these raping, bast*rds a bit of bad publicity. It should have been protests one game, another course of action the next, something else in the next, back to protests in the next and so on. The heat should have been turned up and it should have been constant.

But do you know what? You only have to read the comments on here over the months and the undoubted tut tutting that will meet this post, to realise that that sort of thing would never happen with a milksop support such as ours.

If Venky's filled the pitch sprinklers with sh!te, positioned them to face the stands and turned them on full belt, most of the crowd would just shrug their shoulders and say, 'well what can we do.'

So true , it's like Saturday I shouted venkys out and got told to F off.

What if Mrs. Desai (assuming she even acknowledges our existence) decides to take a look into the Rovers Trust and finds that strongly-worded press release you did the other week? Along with an article by Simon Garner on the site describing them as "arrogant". Didn't you consider this before you decided on the diplomatic approach?

A

Whilst the letter and sentiment in it can not be faulted , I do hope confirmation of Mrs D receiving the letter came from someone else other than Derek ,his Shadow or anybody connected with that particular tag team

What if Mrs. Desai (assuming she even acknowledges our existence) decides to take a look into the Rovers Trust and finds that strongly-worded press release you did the other week? Along with an article by Simon Garner on the site describing them as "arrogant". Didn't you consider this before you decided on the diplomatic approach?

The letter is an offer of help. This in itself suggests that we think they are not doing a very good job. I went on Granada TV last week saying how I thought they have made mistake after mistake after mistake, and that we want to help. So has Wayne, and plenty other people who are connected with the Trust, not least Simon Garner. This move represents an "Official Approach" from us, as opposed to interviews and Press Releases where we are asked to or voluntarily offer to comment on Venkys reign.

Please feel free to view the News from Rovers Trust Here

Or catch up with TV and Radio output here.

The efforts of The Trust and those of Battersby and Currie should be applauded by all IMO.

It may not be the ideal solution but at least they are trying to do something positive.

For all those that try to either pour scorn or make fun of the efforts, which I find difficult to comprehend when there are so few apparent alternatives, why not take the time to come up with some other viable option?

Dead easy to be critical but much more difficult to think of a solution.

Ozz, this is a very minor point made by others. On something this formal I think you need to be signing it off in your Sunday name. No biggie but I think it's something to consider for the future.

If not we may as well have Wazza Wild as well ;)

Excellent letter and well done to the trust but as someone already mentioned hope your confirmation that Desai received it came from a cast iron source and not Shaw et al.

There seems to still be this mentality, and that is, you and us amongst our fans. I was told that I live in SA and I shouldn’t tell people that they shouldn’t attend games. Fair enough, I live millions of miles away, I have never had a season ticket and ive never been to Ewood. I get that, I seriously do. However, for one home game only, we who do live many miles away, we are very much dependent on our local fans to all pull in one direction and show our disgust to these owners. Thousands of loyal fans have stayed away in protest, and I think all we are asking is for the rest of the loyal fans to join up and give Venkys the middle finger. At this time, we do need the fans to get behind the team, and stick with the club through thick and thin. However, and as much as we applaud the Trust for that letter, we have to be mindful here, and that is that Venkys and there gang will in all likelihood just ignore whatever is thrown at them. It is very clear that, they only trust people, who are out to do more damage, than actually take advice from local people, who at least know how to rectify the issues.

The one thing about the letter which many have agreed upon, is that it was written in a very respectable and dignified manner. However, what is sad, is that we are needing to bend down somewhat to people are are disrespectful towards the club and its fans, and the legacy that which was built by Uncle Jack. The letter may have been sincere, but we shouldn’t be fools in all of this, and that is, Venkys will not engage in sort of dialogue with the fans or those looking for positive change. Like CLB said, we there should be more aggressive protests(without breaking the law) and more creative ways thought out, in order to break these schackles. Frankly speaking, I don’t see any other way we are going to get rid of these people, unless we do them damage in some sort of way, or just a miracle happening and they decide enough is enough and leave

Absolutely spot-on Ozz. Even though the chances were (and still are) minimal for getting the desired response or even an acknowledgement, it remains the proper and only way to try and start a sensible dialogue with the owners.

It was given to Shaw/Agnew to pass on - can we trust them? History says we probably can't.

Interesting you mention other irons in the fire - when would you look to use these as time is of the essence and it is pretty obvious there will be no response to the letter.

It's a very well constructed letter and a lot of thought has obviously gone into it. Unfortunately the only people who are likely to have read it are the ones who read this site. It is naive in the extreme to expect that Shaw or Agnew have passed it on to the owners much less are the chances of them having bothered to read it.

We really think Shaw is going to pass this on then? I mean really? If you did a poll of your members the majority would want shaw to be removed of his position, he isn't stupid, he knows this.

Am I missing something here? The letter was written at the beginning of March and we haven't had a response yet? Aren't we now in April?

Obviously they've bigger fish to fry with little Blackburn Rovers at or near to the bottom of their to do list.

I wonder if our owners realise that a positive response to this letter may actually have a beneficial impact on our staying up this season ?

Without doubt the fans would feel slightly more optimistic and less divided - and possibly the players would benefit from the additional stability that could come form this ?

I wonder if our owners realise that a positive response to this letter may actually have a beneficial impact on our staying up this season ?

Without doubt the fans would feel slightly more optimistic and less divided - and possibly the players would benefit from the additional stability that could come form this ?

Logical, common sense talk like that is enough to get you locked up these days at Ewood.

Archived