BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] In spite of everything would you still renew/attend next season?

Will you be renewing next season?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing next season (public votes, others can see how you voted)

• I am a season ticket holder, I will be renewing regardless of owners, league or price (within reason)
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if we stay up
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if the price stays low
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I am a season ticket holder, I'm not sure yet
    • I am an EX season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season ONLY if Venky's go
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and won't be getting one (i.e. expats etc)
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and I'm not sure yet

If we are relegated to League One would current season ticket holders renew their tickets under the current regime?

I ask because currently the Owners don't care, the Board don't care and the players certainly don't care.

So do they deserve renewed support despite two successive relegations and umpteen manager changes?

I haven't renewed this season for the first tiime ever but I would get a season ticket again, even in League One, IF Venkys beggared off.

I know emotions and frustrations are high but I am curious as to how many would still put up with all the crap that's going on at Ewood.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was there in the old third division in the 1970s and I'll be there if we go down again, Venky's or not. I don't support Venky's, I support BRFC. Owners, managers and players come and go but the club will hopefully always survive. Actually, the third division wasn't all bad, saw some stonking games at Ewood and visiting some of England's smaller towns on supporters' rail specials was fun. Not sure about the long hair and flared trousers though - style gave the 1970s a miss.

Yes I would renew, seen it all before in terms of playing at that standard. Ticket prices better not go up however if that is how it all pans out. Fingers crossed it does not come to that however, as the damage created would be lasting.

The club is far bigger than the owners and one day someone will need to be there to either pick up the pieces, or turn the lights out. Nothing lasts forever, patience may be key.

Guest Norbert

I might go to the Coventry away game, wherever it'll be played. It'll depend on how I'm feeling on the day.

Of course I'd be going - sad as it is right now and could get worse.

On the plus side I've seen successes I'd never dreamt off and those days won't be returning any time soon if ever, but hey a football club is for life not just for the glory.

Back to our roots!

I will Probably renew my season ticket regardless of what Division we are in, and go to selected away games, Despite some of the worst performances since the Jim Iley period I have been to more away games this season than at any time since the 1980's, Its not that I'm a masochist, its just that in the intervening years Family and work commitments meant I could only get a handful of away games in.

I'm moving back to the UK in time for the new season. Will be aiming to see 10 games or so, irrespective of the division/owners/manager/kit colour/stadium name/shirt sponsor/weather/Scandinavian crime drama on BBC Four that clashes with a midweek kick-off.

• Moderation Lead

Well, I was there in the old third division in the 1970s and I'll be there if we go down again, Venky's or not. I don't support Venky's, I support BRFC. Owners, managers and players come and go but the club will hopefully always survive. Actually, the third division wasn't all bad, saw some stonking games at Ewood and visiting some of England's smaller towns on supporters' rail specials was fun. Not sure about the long hair and flared trousers though - style gave the 1970s a miss.

Indeed, though I'm only 28, and I've only known Rovers in the top two divisions, the talk of boycotting is almost a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face (though, granted I completely understand not wanting to watch that sh1te!).

A lot of people have been saying they'll be back once insert event name here happens, but, I'm not convinced that will be the case, who's to say their new replacement hobbies will be re-replaced with home games down at Ewood?

It really is a case of supporting your team and hoping the end of Venky's and their incompetence will be sooner rather than later, well, for me it is anyway.

Indeed, though I'm only 28, and I've only known Rovers in the top two divisions, the talk of boycotting is almost a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face (though, granted I completely understand not wanting to watch that sh1te!).

A lot of people have been saying they'll be back once insert event name here happens, but, I'm not convinced that will be the case, who's to say their new replacement hobbies will be re-replaced with home games down at Ewood?

It really is a case of supporting your team and hoping the end of Venky's and their incompetence will be sooner rather than later, well, for me it is anyway.

Got to agree with you there. The higher the standard we play at. the larger our support will be. i know one bloke who has stopped going this season and won't attend until Venkys have gone. Claimed to be a supporter since the 60's which he probably has been on and off. A months ago I showed him an article in the Telegraph about Jim Branagan and said can you guess who that is? He didn't guess but surprised me by saying who was he and didn't recall him playing for the Rovers!

Yes, I would still go, not because I am immune to what is happening at the club but because I want to show my support to the team on the pitch. Fully respect everyone else's decision to go or not go because of the owner thing - that has to be a personal decision and no one should be judged on the basis of it.

• Moderation Lead

Got to agree with you there. The higher the standard we play at. the larger our support will be. i now one bloke who has stopped going this season and won't attend until Venkys have gone. Claimed to be a supporter since the 60's which he probably has been on and off. A months ago I showed him an article in the Telegraph about Jim Branagan and said can you guess who that is? He didn't guess but surprised me by saying who was he and didn't recall him playing for the Rovers!

The supporter base of any club is relative to the success of said club IMO. Fair enough, some clubs have bigger fanbases than others, no question.

But, Leeds' crowds are way down from when they were in the PL, and there's no chance Man United would be pulling in 77,000 in the Championship, never mind stealing glory hunting supporters from all across the country.....

Archived