BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] In spite of everything would you still renew/attend next season?

Will you be renewing next season?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing next season (public votes, others can see how you voted)

• I am a season ticket holder, I will be renewing regardless of owners, league or price (within reason)
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if we stay up
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if the price stays low
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I am a season ticket holder, I'm not sure yet
    • I am an EX season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season ONLY if Venky's go
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and won't be getting one (i.e. expats etc)
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and I'm not sure yet

I renewed this season and got my daughter her 1st season ticket but don't think I'll do it again while this lot are in charge. It costs a fortune and a lot of time to come down for games and to be honest the enjoyment has gone out of it. If Venkys go, or even if they started running things properly, I might change my mind but at the minute I ain't going to renew whether we stay up or not.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I was there in the old third division in the 1970s and I'll be there if we go down again, Venky's or not. I don't support Venky's, I support BRFC. Owners, managers and players come and go but the club will hopefully always survive. Actually, the third division wasn't all bad, saw some stonking games at Ewood and visiting some of England's smaller towns on supporters' rail specials was fun. Not sure about the long hair and flared trousers though - style gave the 1970s a miss.

Me too.

Best get the waist widened on the parallels with turn ups, half way up my legs dry cleaned and polish my 32 hole Docs!

Almost forgot, the silk scarf round my wrist.

Great days then but just wish it wasn't so now.

Won't be renewing my season ticket next season, irrespective of the division we're in. Started going in 1966, first season ticket circa 1973 and have only failed to renew three times since then when I played in the Darwen League. Even then we used to dash down to Ewood caked in mud and nip in the Darwen End for the last fifteen minutes. Will pick and choose the odd game and hope to return to season ticket holder status when Venky's have done one. Not that sure though. It's very easy to get out of the habit and probably much more difficult to return to the fold.

heart says yes , head says no , certainly wont be buying season ticket .... no need to , not like i wont get a ticket to a game if i fancy it eh?

I'll be there, as I'm a Rovers fan, it's in my blood.

Detest what's happened, Still extremely angry, and would do almost anything to influence a change for the better if I could.

Not a 'happyclapper', definitely not a Venky apologist or a supporter of any of their associates (the @#/? @#/?s), I hope they all rot in Hell.

But I don't apologise for the fact that for me, it is RTID!

I tried to boycott at the start of this season -at the time in the hope everyone would be doing the same in massive numbers and forcing Venkys to sell or at least sack Kean! - truth be told I could only manage the Hull game then I just couldn't resist the desire to support the team I have loved since the early seventies

It was only one game but it taught me a lesson! Staying away is not an option for me

Voted unsure, probably will, almost certainly will, but will see who Shebby gets in as manager first. Also interested in seeing if we manage to buy half a dozen players from Portugal for no reason.

Oh and if I thought for a minute that my ST money affected them then I wouldn't renew. It clearly doesn't. Crickey they've paid up 3 managers, given Etuhu a 4 year contract, brought in the aforementioned rubbish from Portugal and pay an imbecile to run the club and pay him 400k a year to do so, plus the 80k motor with personalised number plate. The cock.

Yes.

As bad as the last two years have been, and they've been woeful, I can't imagine a Saturday afternoon without watching Rovers play in whichever division.

If anything, a second relegation will probably force the sort of clearout necessary to stop the rot. (not that I want us to get relegated, obviously)

Just for the record my Grandad has been going to Rovers since the 50's but if I was to show him a photo of Jim Brannigan he'd have no idea who he was. Ditto the Tony Diamonds and Sean Curry's of this world but show him a picture from the 60's and he'd tell you what they liked for breakfast, which terraced street they lived on and which bus they took on matchdays. Total irrelevant point to me

Didn't get one this season as my form of protest but have been to all but 2 games at home and numerous away. Will do same next season unless they fire off or make the correct changes.

Just for the record my Grandad has been going to Rovers since the 50's but if I was to show him a photo of Jim Brannigan he'd have no idea who he was. Ditto the Tony Diamonds and Sean Curry's of this world but show him a picture from the 60's and he'd tell you what they liked for breakfast, which terraced street they lived on and which bus they took on matchdays. Total irrelevant point to me

This may be because half the fans disappeared for most of the 80's despite the team not being that bad really :(

Indeed, though I'm only 28, and I've only known Rovers in the top two divisions, the talk of boycotting is almost a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face (though, granted I completely understand not wanting to watch that sh1te!).

A lot of people have been saying they'll be back once insert event name here happens, but, I'm not convinced that will be the case, who's to say their new replacement hobbies will be re-replaced with home games down at Ewood?

It really is a case of supporting your team and hoping the end of Venky's and their incompetence will be sooner rather than later, well, for me it is anyway.

For myself who's on a tight budget a season ticket is a fairly large commitment. Why should I pay out for something Im not enjoying and is making me miserable?

Id much sooner not give Venkys my money, and instead use it for something more enjoyable.

Doesnt matter which league we are in, if Venkys continue to run the club in the same manner, I wont renew.

I didn't recognise him myself but if your Grandad has been going since the 50's surely he would have heard of him, he did make 294 appearances for us.

Well, I was there in the old third division in the 1970s and I'll be there if we go down again, Venky's or not. I don't support Venky's, I support BRFC. Owners, managers and players come and go but the club will hopefully always survive. Actually, the third division wasn't all bad, saw some stonking games at Ewood and visiting some of England's smaller towns on supporters' rail specials was fun. Not sure about the long hair and flared trousers though - style gave the 1970s a miss.

Good post jim.

I first started going regularly when we first went down to the old 3rd Division in 1971? .

Not sure without the benefit of sepia tinted glasses it was actually that good and I dearly hope we don't end up back there.

Nevertheless I don't think we've any room to complain as supporters really having seen us lift the Premiership trophy and the Worthington Cup and beat the red scum that are Manchester United on a handful of occasions. How many supporters of different clubs will be able to go to their graves saying that?

Football tends to be cyclical, no team has a divine right to success, like you say owners, managers and players come and go. Better times will return at some point.

I'll be there.

About ticket prices: It's not as if the club is making huge profits. So if prices went up, I would think that would only be to help the club not go under or cut losses. Just a thought. I know no one wants prices to go up, but it might be necessary to ensure the clubs survival.

I understand not wanting to go due to Venky's, etc. but unless the prices go up beyond reason, it seems as if that money is at least going back into the club.

I've said this before, I'll say it again - those paying money to anything Rovers related while Venkys are in charge are dancing on the grave of this once great club. This is why Venkys are not forced out yet - because there are still those giving them money. If a ruthless dictator takes over your country, would you still support the government and give it money despite the leadership? Because you love the country you'll aid the government no matter what? No, you will starve it out and protest and wait until the leadership is removed before you show support again. Venkys couldn't give a damn that you don't like them if you're still giving your money, or that you're doing it cause you "support the club and its history." They only care that you do give, regardless of why.

Archived