BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] In spite of everything would you still renew/attend next season?

Will you be renewing next season?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing next season (public votes, others can see how you voted)

• I am a season ticket holder, I will be renewing regardless of owners, league or price (within reason)
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if we stay up
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if the price stays low
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I am a season ticket holder, I'm not sure yet
    • I am an EX season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season ONLY if Venky's go
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and won't be getting one (i.e. expats etc)
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and I'm not sure yet

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't recognise him myself but if your Grandad has been going since the 50's surely he would have heard of him, he did make 294 appearances for us.

He's heard of him yes but some people's memories retain more important info ;)

About ticket prices: It's not as if the club is making huge profits. So if prices went up, I would think that would only be to help the club not go under or cut losses. Just a thought. I know no one wants prices to go up, but it might be necessary to ensure the clubs survival.

I understand not wanting to go due to Venky's, etc. but unless the prices go up beyond reason, it seems as if that money is at least going back into the club.

You really believe that?

I've said this before, I'll say it again - those paying money to anything Rovers related while Venkys are in charge are dancing on the grave of this once great club. This is why Venkys are not forced out yet - because there are still those giving them money. If a ruthless dictator takes over your country, would you still support the government and give it money despite the leadership? Because you love the country you'll aid the government no matter what? No, you will starve it out and protest and wait until the leadership is removed before you show support again. Venkys couldn't give a damn that you don't like them if you're still giving your money, or that you're doing it cause you "support the club and its history." They only care that you do give, regardless of why.

+5,000,000,000,000

I started supporting Rovers in the early 80's when all but a few gave a fook about them.

I will not buy a season ticket (25 years in a row before this season) again until Venky's have left the club,they are simply not fit owners.I will continue to pick and choose my games...the futile 'supporter or spectator' argument means nothing to me.

No would I hell. I've got that T shirt and I didn't enjoy getting it.

No doubt I'd take in the occasional match but no way would I get a ST. Life's too short to waste on watching something which I won't enjoy, played by overpaid players who are just a notch over decent park footballers. I can think of many things which I'd rather do on a Sat afternoon.

• Moderation Lead

For myself who's on a tight budget a season ticket is a fairly large commitment. Why should I pay out for something Im not enjoying and is making me miserable?

Id much sooner not give Venkys my money, and instead use it for something more enjoyable.

Doesnt matter which league we are in, if Venkys continue to run the club in the same manner, I wont renew.

All down to personal preference/circumstances as I said, I just said what I was planning to do.

i voted i would renew if they kept the prices low

i detest everything the venkys mean and what they have done to the club...

and i can fully understand all those who have said they will not buy and put any monies in the venkies pocket...

next season would be my 35th consecutive season ticket.......

i buy because if i dont buy, then i would probably never go again as other priorities and things which i currently put off to go to the football would take over

I've said this before, I'll say it again - those paying money to anything Rovers related while Venkys are in charge are dancing on the grave of this once great club. This is why Venkys are not forced out yet - because there are still those giving them money. If a ruthless dictator takes over your country, would you still support the government and give it money despite the leadership? Because you love the country you'll aid the government no matter what? No, you will starve it out and protest and wait until the leadership is removed before you show support again. Venkys couldn't give a damn that you don't like them if you're still giving your money, or that you're doing it cause you "support the club and its history." They only care that you do give, regardless of why.

How much of season tickets money do the Venkys actually see? Simple maths would say that season tickets only pay for a percentage of players wages and in no way fund Venkys pockets.

8000 tickets at £300 average = £2.4m

Say Rhodes Murphy and Gomes on £30k pw x 52 = £4.5m

The only thing that is happening to Venkys pockets is that they are being rapidly emptied and long may it continue. So I certainly don't see it a filling Venkys pockets.

Well, I was there in the old third division in the 1970s and I'll be there if we go down again, Venky's or not. I don't support Venky's, I support BRFC. Owners, managers and players come and go but the club will hopefully always survive. Actually, the third division wasn't all bad, saw some stonking games at Ewood and visiting some of England's smaller towns on supporters' rail specials was fun. Not sure about the long hair and flared trousers though - style gave the 1970s a miss.

Can we get some pictures Jim?

I think its getting to a situation where we will most likely go down again, but like this season, there will still be those who will attend games. It will just be another few thousand off the current attendance. This is very sad indeed, but one lives in hope that we stay up this season, and Venkys leave which will allow us to rebuild the club from the Top down

Well, I was there in the old third division in the 1970s and I'll be there if we go down again, Venky's or not. I don't support Venky's, I support BRFC. Owners, managers and players come and go but the club will hopefully always survive. Actually, the third division wasn't all bad, saw some stonking games at Ewood and visiting some of England's smaller towns on supporters' rail specials was fun. Not sure about the long hair and flared trousers though - style gave the 1970s a miss.

Pull the other one Jim, you're the biggest middle class lefty on the site, the 'rail? FOOTBALL specials' wouldn't have been your 'bag' at all, far to rowdy.

Not going to argue about the fashion though, I bet you still wear the trousers now.

But on the subject of going next season, it gets more and more ludicrous by the day and shows no signs of getting better anytime soon. We didn't get season tickets this season for the first time in years, that was mainly because of Kean if I'm honest. But the owners keep making bad decisions, they never learn, and we now feel as though they’re actually taking the p1ss out of us personally, and that’s not going to happen.

So if Venkys went we’d buy season tickets without hesitation, if they stay we’ll have to give it some real thought because I’ll end up with a banning order after a couple of games If they stayed at the helm.

VENKYS OUT

AGNEW OUT

And after all that ....and working away since February 2011....and not seeing the Rovers win since November 2011 after 16 attempts!

And still maintaining my season Ticket and my hopes.

ST sales are nothing in the scheme of BRFC Costs. Renewing.

i voted i would renew if they kept the prices low

i detest everything the venkys mean and what they have done to the club...

and i can fully understand all those who have said they will not buy and put any monies in the venkies pocket...

next season would be my 35th consecutive season ticket.......

i buy because if i dont buy, then i would probably never go again as other priorities and things which i currently put off to go to the football would take over

That's saved me thumb . Same here if I stopped I'd stop forever.

Having grown up supporting Rovers from the early seventies, remembering that winning the old third division in 1975, was a fantastic moment at that time. Certainly wouldnt go again until the club is back under local ownership being run by people with honest, genuine intentions.

Then again its not just Rovers as it looks like football in general is bent nowadays.

Having grown up supporting Rovers from the early seventies, remembering that winning the old third division in 1975, was a fantastic moment at the time. I certainly wouldnt go again until until the club is back under local ownership being run by people with honest, genuine intentions.

Then again its not just Rovers as it looks like football in general is bent nowadays.

I don't think being local should be a prerequisite to owning us, That would be unlikely to leave anyone suitable to own us in financial terms..

I'm not even sure Venky's aren't acting in good faith with the best of intentions. None of that counts for much though if you don't have the first idea what you are doing.

I don't think being local should be a prerequisite to owning us, That would be unlikely to leave anyone suitable to own us in financial terms..

I'm not even sure Venky's aren't acting in good faith with the best of intentions. None of that counts for much though if you don't have the first idea what you are doing.

By saying local, I mean someone who really connects with the town and its populace. They may well live overseas, they may take money out of the club for me for their part in owning it thats OK.

Its just that so far our history shows that Rovers have only been successful under local ownership and that foreign ownership has been a disaster along with many other UK football clubs.

Archived