BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] In spite of everything would you still renew/attend next season?

Will you be renewing next season?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing next season (public votes, others can see how you voted)

• I am a season ticket holder, I will be renewing regardless of owners, league or price (within reason)
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if we stay up
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if the price stays low
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I am a season ticket holder, I'm not sure yet
    • I am an EX season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season ONLY if Venky's go
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and won't be getting one (i.e. expats etc)
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and I'm not sure yet

My feedback from the Club is an expectation in the 3k to 4k ST range next season. I think that may be a wee bit over optimistic.

I really doubt the Club would be willing or able to give any sort of estimate for next season at this stage but in any event, what concern is it of yours? You won't be going, as you keep telling us over and over again.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roughly

NO 53%

Maybe 24%

Yes 23%

So only 23% of the fanbase are committed for next season

Obviouly this figure is distorted by those who have never had a Season ticket for various reasons

Taking a maximum match-going fanbase of 20,000, those figures would imply about 7,000 ST holders next season. Which is another big drop from around 10,000 (?) this season. And this time Venkys advisors couldn't pass it off as simply the effect of relegation.

I would absolutely still attend games. I would be as passionate about winning games in lge 1 just as much as I would be about winning games in the prem.

We'll bounce back some day that's for sure, we are too big a club not too (probably not with these owners though). It's the dreadful moments like these that make success more special.

We are lucky that we have a decent fan base, good facilities and some influential supporters like Battersby, Currie, Straw etc

I wonder if the worst was to happen the club would mothball parts of the ground like the Darwen End and put away fans in the Darwen end half of the JW lower tier?

As well as turn off the scoreboard and jubotron to save money?

TBH they may only need to open the Bbrun end lower and the JW stand

• Moderation Lead

I would absolutely still attend games. I would be as passionate about winning games in lge 1 just as much as I would be about winning games in the prem.

We'll bounce back some day that's for sure, we are too big a club not too (probably not with these owners though). It's the dreadful moments like these that make success more special.

We are lucky that we have a decent fan base, good facilities and some influential supporters like Battersby, Currie, Straw etc

Indeed.

Though we could do for with this slow car crash finishing up then we can move on sooner rather than later, so we can rebuild.

The longer the uncertainty goes on, the worse it will get IMO.

I doubt it but that would probably be when I'd start going again.

Never been to a rovers game before, but i'll go to one or a few regardless of what league we're in.

Just disappointed i couldn't see the team when they were in the PL pre-venky's takeover

I wouldn't watch Rovers in League 1. It would be crap football, empty grounds and little news coverage.

Part of being a football fan is reading about your team in new papers, watching the highlights on TV, playing big teams, listening about them on 606 etc. That would hardly happen in league 1.

I wouldn't watch Rovers in League 1. It would be crap football, empty grounds and little news coverage.

Part of being a football fan is reading about your team in new papers, watching the highlights on TV, playing big teams, listening about them on 606 etc. That would hardly happen in league 1.

Just like this season TDF

It's true what they say that football fans are fickle, the fluctuation in attendances can largely be attributed to the success of a football club.

For me I could never go supporting another team and I have nothing better to do on a weekend. So if the worst happens and we end up in League One I'll still be attending games. Granted the quality obviously slips once you go further down the league but if you want to watch more attractive football every week by all means stay sat in your armchair there's plenty of top flight football broadcasted on television.

It's true what they say that football fans are fickle, the fluctuation in attendances can largely be attributed to the success of a football club.

For me I could never go supporting another team and I have nothing better to do on a weekend. So if the worst happens and we end up in League One I'll still be attending games. Granted the quality obviously slips once you go further down the league but if you want to watch more attractive football every week by all means stay sat in your armchair there's plenty of top flight football broadcasted on television.

Wo, wo, woah.

The quality is going to get worse? :(

Ex season ticket holder after dropping into the Championship. I would support Blackburn Rovers in any division, but no more under Venkys. I refuse to give them my money, as much as it doesn't matter to them anyway. The last game I attended was the 1-4 defeat to Cardiff, a free ticket from the wonderful organisation tickets4troops and even then I felt robbed.

The current owners have sucked the soul out of the club, so much so that we are unrecognisable from the Rovers I know and love. We are now Blackburn Rovers only by name. I will only return once Venkys leave or start running the club to the standard it deserves; sadly I think neither are going to happen anytime soon.

Ex season ticket holder after dropping into the Championship. I would support Blackburn Rovers in any division, but no more under Venkys. I refuse to give them my money, as much as it doesn't matter to them anyway. The last game I attended was the 1-4 defeat to Cardiff, a free ticket from the wonderful organisation tickets4troops and even then I felt robbed.

The current owners have sucked the soul out of the club, so much so that we are unrecognisable from the Rovers I know and love. We are now Blackburn Rovers only by name. I will only return once Venkys leave or start running the club to the standard it deserves; sadly I think neither are going to happen anytime soon.

I think you speak for a lot of people. Well summarised.

Glory hunter.

Good night.

Oh dear. Don't know where to start with this. I doubt you would be missed is perhaps most suited.

Just as well you weren't around in the 1970s when we were in the Third Division. Having watched the club in the old First Division in the early 1960s and then experienced the wilderness years between 1966 and 1992 it made the last twenty years all the more enjoyable. Following a football club isn't about 'glory hunting' - you can do that at Old Trafford - it's about following a club through thick and thin and often there is far more of the latter than the former.

So your just a bandwagon premier league fan then , how can you be so vocal against fans then say you won't go if we went down ? You pampered WUM . Don't slag me fella and then say you won't go .

I don't give shyte which division we were if it was "our" club again; I would be proud to take my little lad to Ewood.

However, while this shower of crooks are around I will not spend a penny on anything Pune Rovers. My boy has outgrown all his Rovers kits now but there is not a hope in hell of me buying him a new until until this bunch of @#/?s are long gone.

@#/? off Vemky's!

There wasnt an option for me in the poll, but Venkys have fecked us around too much to consider me every giving them some hard cash - so not unless they leave or actually get their act together, remove shebby and start employing people that actually know what they are doing will they see me or my money at Ewood

Archived