BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] In spite of everything would you still renew/attend next season?

Will you be renewing next season?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be renewing next season (public votes, others can see how you voted)

• I am a season ticket holder, I will be renewing regardless of owners, league or price (within reason)
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if we stay up
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew if the price stays low
    • I am a season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I am a season ticket holder, I'm not sure yet
    • I am an EX season ticket holder, I will only renew once Venky's have gone
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season
    • I don't currently have a season ticket, but will be getting one next season ONLY if Venky's go
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and won't be getting one (i.e. expats etc)
    • I don't currently have a season ticket and I'm not sure yet

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One rovers just tweeted "hopefully" ticket prices will be released !! Hopefully .. Speaks volumes about the entire regime.

I decided to stop my ST 3 years ago and the close season that they sold Phil Jones, said that they wouldn't be going for Jermain ones and it became apparent that Samba, N'Zonzi and Hoilett had no intention of playing much longer under the incompetence of Steve Kean. I felt that the club was being dismantled for no good reason other than the personal financial opportunism of persons unnamed. Following the incidents of those first few months in charge I'd had a bellyfull of their incompetence / malicious management and worst of all their downright, continual and totally disrespectful LIES by then. I hold the opinion that it if someone deceives me with a lie it's their fault BUT if they deceive me again then it's my own bloody fault! It was obvious to me that the club was being milked and in a tailspin because of it and I was not prepared to play even a small part of that.

Maybe I now have no longer a right to hold an opinion but until the time wages (apart from players at the very top of the tree) are reduced ST's prices do need to be raised Abbey, otherwise the business model does not make any sense whatsoever! £200 this day and age is simply ludicrous! Most want Venky's out but who the hell would step in to replace them knowing that the supporters as a collective are only prepared to fund a 4th Div or Part Time club? That is apart from in Sugar's famous words .... 'an idiot with a death wish'.

I've taken in a number of matches last season because I had the option of a freebie for the second half of the season but tbh (apart from THAT 96th min strike) I haven't particularly enjoyed the experience. Attending is a habit and I've lost the habit. There are so many other things to do with 25% of my weekend . The only way back for me (and I'd suggest most people if they'd admit it) despite lots of blather about going back only when Venky's are gone is if the team revert to winning ways. If Venky's do bow out, someone else comes in and we continue playing poorly and losing matches people will still stay away whereas with a winning team no one gives a flying one for who owns the club do they? With a losing one everybody wants a scapegoat.

The only way forward for financing a top club in this area is unpalatable to very many "If BRFC becomes Lanky Utd thats it for me" ** sounds rather hollow given that most of those objectors are now stating that they won't be going to Ewood park anyway! :rolleyes:^_^

** btw ... ... If had a tenner for everytime I've heard that I could prob afford to take the club over myself!

i know what your saying but the product isnt worth anymore than £200 . Like I've said before I still will renew not in support in any way shape or form but because 1. my lad still wants to go (although he's waivering) and 2.if i stop ,then i know I wouldnt be back not for top flight or lanky utd. Cue someone from the trust to have a pop :)

i know what your saying but the product isnt worth anymore than £200 . Like I've said before I still will renew not in support in any way shape or form but because 1. my lad still wants to go (although he's waivering) and 2.if i stop ,then i know I wouldnt be back not for top flight or lanky utd. Cue someone from the trust to have a pop :)

Thats what my whole suggestion is based on Abbey. Now that the Venkymob have all but killed the club we need to look farward not backward. Th'owd 'not over my dead body... too many memories for me to change' gits are the past. The future is the kids. They don't have enough nostalgic hogwash to care. All they want is success.

Archived