BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Investigate or we'll publish Blackburn Rovers findings, warns Mullan

The soul of Blackburn Rovers is what made it a great club. You miss the point.

Talking about the 'soul' of Blackburn Rovers whilst looking at the bulldozing of Ewood Park will be scant consolation to the onlooking mourners.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been a lot of flak for Glen and others but at the end of the day nobody wanted this horrific mess to be there for the fans to have to find out about.

The position of the so-called football authorities stinks to high heaven. To expect football supporters to do their job for them is an abrogation of responsibility of the worst sort and those discussions with the FA have to be documented and put in the hands of the MPs, the Sports Minister and the Select Committee. There is something horribly amiss if football's governing bodies are trying to do a slippery shoulders job on Rovers when the Select Committee and the relevant Ministers have told them as plainly as they can, that football gets its act together or legislation will get their act together for them.

As for what could come out. There are three steaming piles of Kean as far as I can tell. Plus I have a deep seated suspicion about match fixing, illegal betting and a bit of money laundering for which I don't have anything which the FA would consider sufficient to launch an investigation into. As the noose steadily gathers around Blatter and FIFA, don't be in the least bit surprised to find out things about the English game's administration which are every bit as bad. In addition, there is a lot of noise about individuals doing their jobs with such spectacular incompetence at Ewood that any intelligent or engaged owner would go ballistic over the outcomes.

I think we are beyond the tipping point. I suspect there are too many singing canaries even though the most revealing ones are difficult to record.

For the sake of the club, I suspect we have to pray that the pile of kean that portrays the club and owners as victims is the one that emerges first.

There has been a lot of flak for Glen and others but at the end of the day nobody wanted this horrific mess to be there for the fans to have to find out about.

The position of the so-called football authorities stinks to high heaven. To expect football supporters to do their job for them is an abrogation of responsibility of the worst sort and those discussions with the FA have to be documented and put in the hands of the MPs, the Sports Minister and the Select Committee. There is something horribly amiss if football's governing bodies are trying to do a slippery shoulders job on Rovers when the Select Committee and the relevant Ministers have told them as plainly as they can, that football gets its act together or legislation will get their act together for them.

As for what could come out. There are three steaming piles of Kean as far as I can tell. Plus I have a deep seated suspicion about match fixing, illegal betting and a bit of money laundering for which I don't have anything which the FA would consider sufficient to launch an investigation into. As the noose steadily gathers around Blatter and FIFA, don't be in the least bit surprised to find out things about the English game's administration which are every bit as bad. In addition, there is a lot of noise about individuals doing their jobs with such spectacular incompetence at Ewood that any intelligent or engaged owner would go ballistic over the outcomes.

I think we are beyond the tipping point. I suspect there are too many singing canaries even though the most revealing ones are difficult to record.

For the sake of the club, I suspect we have to pray that the pile of kean that portrays the club and owners as victims is the one that emerges first.

Oh, right.

Still mopping up the sweat from Scudamore's brow, are you?

Can I just clarify 4 points here

1. The FA/PL/FL have reviewed the information and said they won't proceed without further, externally funded, investigation.

2. Nick Harris has had either the full dossier or a large section of it since just after you first FA/PL/FL meeting.

3. Some of the info in the dossier would have to be redacted as it was obtained on the understanding it was never made public

4. The next stage is to collect funds to allow further investigation?

If that's the case, then two questions, how much do you think you need and how long do you expect the investigation to go on.

Glen---- I posted this idea months back but you do know that anything said in parliament and any documentation presented in support of it cannot be the subject of subsequent legal action no matter how defamatory it is? Great way to get it all out in the open with a lot of publicity. Media can't be sued for publishing what has been said in parliament either.

So why not get Jack Straw to do it? Has he been asked?

Glen---- I posted this idea months back but you do know that anything said in parliament and any documentation presented in support of it cannot be the subject of subsequent legal action no matter how defamatory it is? Great way to get it all out in the open with a lot of publicity. Media can't be sued for publishing what has been said in parliament either.

So why not get Jack Straw to do it? Has he been asked?

That's interesting. How does the process work? Is it just what is SAID in parliament? Or is it the documentation as well?

QUOTE DIDNT WORK ..

I really don't think it should of come to this , and I maintain that had more stood up 18 months ago it never would of

HEAR HEAR PAL

I stopped paying attention to your opinion after your jolly to Pune and the apparent brainwashing you underwent.

VERYrarely I agree with you ,but this is 100%.

Anyone notice now that Rovers Fan is gone spark is back.... :rock::closedeyes:

1. The FA/PL/FL have reviewed the information and said they won't proceed without further, externally funded, investigation.

2. Nick Harris has had either the full dossier or a large section of it since just after you first FA/PL/FL meeting.

3. Some of the info in the dossier would have to be redacted as it was obtained on the understanding it was never made public

If that's the case, then two questions, how much do you think you need and how long do you expect the investigation to go on.

The difficulty though Glenn is you've almost answered your own questions:

1. The FA/PL/FL presumably feel insufficient evidence has been presented

2. Nick Harris as a journalist would publish if he was convinced

3. Someone who can speak out and legally prove what he/she has to say

4. A lot of money and a long time

As far as I can see the one possibility, or perhaps the best possibility, is if it could be demonstrated the monies used to purchase the club originated from a source other than the Rao family and /or Venkys. It would then need to be shown the other source actually owned the club. I just don't see anything else working.

Dodgy transfers, third party ownership, agent involvement etc. etc. is really just a question of breaking football rules. Punishable yes but that's about all. Fines and possible relegation don't have much impact. We are broke and almost relegated. in fact we are @#/?, excuse me.

As for the management of the club? Ultimately it's gross incompetence by a significant number of individuals in the UK and India. Daft but not illegal.

Glen and his colleagues have a huge problem. They need 110% proof or risk their houses. A barrister to tell you that will cost an awful lot of money aside from the investigation. I wouldn't, you wouldn't. Why should they? The chances of this being in the public domain remain very slim in my view.

if Nick Harris has had the full dossier or most of it and hasnt found anything more on it to print a story or two, then is it as good as people think it is??? harris is probably the best investigating sport journlist going in the UK.

Will people who have gave the BRFCAG the info, give evidence when/if it comes to the FA/FL hearing or back out like some people do?

have you shown the evidence to independent Lawyers to look at and see if it can stand in a Hearing or Court?

Biggest problem is that if BRFCAG goes public with this then it will involve very long and costly lawyer's bills plus maybe compensation claims and injunctions after injunctions.

would the BRFCAG still pursue their possible claims about what have gone on if Venkys sold the club???????

1. The FA , Prem and Football league each blamed each other , each claimed they have zero funding available for investigations . They claimed that the stuff which I call a skeleton case , posed many questions and confirmed club directors had also given them information which was currently being reviewed .

They stated that the case is open but any investigation would require ALL witnesses to come forward and speak on record , they stated that it was our responsibility to put all the meat on the bones and give them a case which requires no further work .

Documentary proof has been the hardest thing to gather . Eye witness accounts are great , but only if they agree to state things in person to the authorities .

Since June we have set about trying to join the dots mindful that 90% is not enough , it has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt or someone namely us , is going to be many many pounds , homes and futures lighter .

We have continued to press those implicated by eye witnesses and only last week I was in contact with the one who shall not be named to meet to discuss information which had now come to light from witnesses who have agreed to be called at any investigation . This was a massive break through having these willing to do that .

The one not to be named wanted me to txt him the content of any discussion , which I won't be doing , I prefer to speak to people in person as much of my writing is always taken either the wrong way or not clear .

We have had to go back to April prior to the purchase and although some things were not right , involved major back stabbings and brown envelopes , this is not a clear breakage of rules and is more embarrassing than knock out blows .

In recent months names have been given who for now can be best explained as fixers . If something needs doing then these people do it , be that get their hands in something , invent stories , or make things disappear .

The big question now , and I can assure everyone we are taking with all the journalist many of which have editors who also won't run stories due to who these stories talk about is how we get it out without A) it being brushed under the carpet. B) without those who put it out suffering financially or worse , C) without it effecting the club even more than its already effected, D) without ruining the witnesses lives .

If we get it out and the result is zero , and everyone involved in trying to discover the truth then has their lives completely ruined then it becomes a pointless exercise .

Remembering all the time that incompetence does not mean wrong doings .

2. Nick has seen some if the info , but without someone sitting in a room with him for weeks explaining how each piece fits and providing the eyewitnesses to back up any claims then all stories are regarded as unsafe and too much of a risk . Incidentally many stories out there already have come through us providing evidence , they appear all the time , we just choose to remain anoymonous when they do .

3. Is quite correct , many have signed NDAs and won't go on record , will deny any claims and passed info on the promise that it would not be made public , it kind of takes away a lot if your findings when it can't be backed up .

4.we have made contact with many people asking to help with the funding of this , people who wish to keep their powder dry in the back ground . To date none have offered to aid this which is disappointing . We have had some donations over the last 18 months which have been a god send , but not enough to really make a difference where it counts . Information believe it or not dont come cheap . I recommend no one ever joins the AG committee as between the 6 of us it's probably now around 15k to £20k of our own money put into this , that does not include all the driving , petrol , unpaid leave from work and man hours which at times has been 70 hours a week , whilst trying to do our full time jobs .

As others who have been stuck with dilemma will verify , too many people always want to know what's in it for them , which is just shocking to say the least .

Have we done the right thing ? Will any findings make a difference ? Truth is we don't know , we are just football fans equal to the next , trying to find the truth , and if its smelly exposé it , so the supporters , town and club can get back to discussing the football and draw a line under the past , whist looking forward to a better future

I think Harris firmly believes it or some of it. Not long ago he did mention it would come out one day and it would be a cracker but he needs 1 or 2 'ducks in a row before he shoots'.

think you are right but you need 110% proof and he simply cant find this evidence.

But I've suggested how it could be done without any legal threat to anyone. Don't agree?

Sadly the government are interested mainly on how the game is regulated and will NOT take on individual cases , the MPS are just like you and me and have to request the football authorities to carry out any investigation . They cannot enforce one .

Only the FA have the power , but it's very much a case of passing the buck . People with money and power can kill presidents and hide the truth forever , sadly football is the same

Glen, I'm not talking about the Government but about one MP. Any MP will do but I've suggested Jack Straw because he's a Rovers supporter, he's Blackburn's MP, he's a Rovers supporter and he was part of the delegation you took to the FA!

In other words he's absolutely perfect!

This suggestion is not about an enquiry but getting over the problem you face-----getting the info out without losing your home.

What then follows depends on how good the info is and how well you manage it.

Glen, I'm not talking about the Government but about one MP. Any MP will do but I've suggested Jack Straw because he's a Rovers supporter, he's Blackburn's MP, he's a Rovers supporter and he was part of the delegation you took to the FA!

In other words he's absolutely perfect!

This suggestion is not about an enquiry but getting over the problem you face-----getting the info out without losing your home.

What then follows depends on how good the info is and how well you manage it.

We have a meeting with Jack in London in next couple of weeks

Glen, what makes you think that even if you come up with a cast iron case that the FA or PL would act? They are making you jump through hoops because they don't want to investigate. (No way can the PL not afford to financially).

Maybe they can't afford to have their fit and proper process opened up for scrutiny, because Venkys being granted permission to own Rovers makes a mockery of the whole concept.

The fact is, the PL ratified Venkys ownership of an established Premier League club and they have subsequently been reduced to a very probable double relegation (the first ever) to League One. That perception can't sit well with anyone.

The sooner we disappear, the sooner the authorities will be able to rest easier.

Archived