BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers fan's documentary trailer

J*B

News received today:

As of today it'll take a maximum of 2 weeks to find out for definite whether documentary will be aired on tv.

It is a finished product now and sitting on a table for reviewal.

If the answer is no, I will most definitely be releasing it across the Internet.

Sorry for the wait people. But hopefully it will be worth it...

Thanks

Rishi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I can't wait to watch this. I don't expect it to reveal much that is new. At least, it will allow others to see an articulate description of how Venky's, agents and others, closer to home, have abused our club.I will take some solace in that.

Remember that other fans' ignorance was largely created by very biased reporting and big mouth pundits, backed by a certain agent. Also, one of the enemies within appears to have used his own press connections to broker Uncle Fester's victim centric denial...all that stuff about it not being safe for him to go out in Blackburn....Oh and the Pope is a Protestant! A club briefing against its own supporters...

Don't get me wrong..I do blame the Punatics, but it is clear that their abysmal stewardship created a vacuum within which others pursued their own agendas. I think we know who they are!

I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I am wondering why the Taliban fought tooth and nail against Henning Berg yet rushed to settlement with Uncle Fester.Secrets, lies, dirty washing....and mixed metaphors..

RTID

Leonard Venkhater

Personally, I can't wait to watch this. I don't expect it to reveal much that is new. At least, it will allow others to see an articulate description of how Venky's, agents and others, closer to home, have abused our club.I will take some solace in that.

Remember that other fans' ignorance was largely created by very biased reporting and big mouth pundits, backed by a certain agent. Also, one of the enemies within appears to have used his own press connections to broker Uncle Fester's victim centric denial...all that stuff about it not being safe for him to go out in Blackburn....Oh and the Pope is a Protestant! A club briefing against its own supporters...

Don't get me wrong..I do blame the Punatics, but it is clear that their abysmal stewardship created a vacuum within which others pursued their own agendas. I think we know who they are!

I think we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg. I am wondering why the Taliban fought tooth and nail against Henning Berg yet rushed to settlement with Uncle Fester.Secrets, lies, dirty washing....and mixed metaphors..

RTID

Leonard Venkhater

Well said, Leonard.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that stuff like this always comes out just when things seem to showing the slightest signs of improving? It's about half an hour since we found out Bowyer is confirmed, yet any chance of a feelgood factor likely to be snuffed out.

We have had months of this crap with loads of opportunities to shame Venkys. Why couldn't it have come out earlier? All this does is divide fans once again.

I'd be very surprised if this 'divides fans once again' Stuart. There is representation from all Rovers groups in documentary. It brings them together more than anything. I announced documentary was to be released about 4-5 hours before Bowyer was confirmed too. The Venky's farted about with that appointment too. I'm not just going to throw it in the bin because they've made a decent decision for once.

Why is it that stuff like this always comes out just when things seem to showing the slightest signs of improving? It's about half an hour since we found out Bowyer is confirmed, yet any chance of a feelgood factor likely to be snuffed out.

We have had months of this crap with loads of opportunities to shame Venkys. Why couldn't it have come out earlier? All this does is divide fans once again.

In all fairness Stu my good man, it was announced on that twitter this afternoon. The feel good factor you refer to is just us reminiscing.

Bowyer was supposed to be announced a week ago, or was it Monday, or Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday? possibly yesterday. When we have a global advisor / clown who can't even be here for the end of the season due to visa problems and then a pesky holiday we really shouldn't be too critical over timings IMO.

Looking forward to seeing it.

In fairness, the article was done this afternoon and emailed to me, as others can no doubt vouch, the fact it went out when it did, is simply down to me not having the chance to publish it on the site until later on Friday!

However i will say, the decision to appoint Bowyer was taken on the 18th March, the fact has taken so long, shouldn't matter, it just adds to the circus, this documentary was made 12 months ago, getting stuff released to a wider audience isn't as simple as 'just getting it done', its something that has been worked hard on, and whilst appointing Gary may be a new dawn, or something to support, we should never forget the bigger picture and the real problems at the club.

I don't know what the content of Monday's release is, or what the outcome will be, however i do commend Rishi for his efforts in putting it together and trying his best to get it released to a wider audience, and putting his personal time and neck on the line to get it out there.

I'd be very surprised if this 'divides fans once again' Stuart. There is representation from all Rovers groups in documentary. It brings them together more than anything. I announced documentary was to be released about 4-5 hours before Bowyer was confirmed too. The Venky's farted about with that appointment too. I'm not just going to throw it in the bin because they've made a decent decision for once.

I appreciate a lot of hard work had gone into it Rishi, and we are only ever one Venkys decision away from disaster I suppose but why has it taken so long? The trailer was shown months ago. The decision about Bowyer has taken a couple of weeks.

It appears to have been sat on for a good while already. Couldn't it have been sat on until the next gaff? Surely we are only ever days away from a Singh one?

The appointment of Bowyer has yet to attract any real fan criticism, he is well liked and respected and the kind of bloke the fans can get behind - and is apparently even supported by all of the unholy trinity. By doing this now there is a good chance any change in vibe can be put down to the film.

Maybe I'll change my tune when I watch it, and I reserve judgement until then, but the timing is rotten on Gary.

By the way, I trust that the film will ensure that Venkys leave, or at least react, and won't just be ignore like everything else? Because it could be argued that the remaining fans who still go to matches are no longer your target audience as they would have been when you started this project. The ones still attending are those who have already put up with and powered through Venkys crap.

6 months ago.. 2 months ago even... this would have been well received. Timing is everything. I just hope your hard work pays of with some good coming out of it. For Blackburn Rovers and its fans.

Why has it taken 12 months from filming the various interviews to showing the documentary?

I was trying to gain funding to continue filming because obviously the farce has been continuing long past last summer. Also had to get a structure, talk with potential tv companies and had to find the right time to release. After Appleton's dismissal through till end of season the media hype about Venkys n Rovers was at it's highest. Had to find the right time to release so (not just Blackburn Rovers fans) others may find it an interesting watch

The appointment of Bowyer has yet to attract any real fan criticism, he is well liked and respected and the kind of bloke the fans can get behind - and is apparently even supported by all of the unholy trinity. By doing this now there is a good chance any change in vibe can be put down to the film.

Just to clarify, this is not a documentary targeting Bowyer? It demonstrates Venky's real incompetence as owners and also the disrespect they show.

I am as happy as anyone that Bowyer has been given the job.

Also I didn't release the trailer 'months' ago it was released on April 7th and a TV company has been assessing the doc for 4 weeks so I couldn't air it as it would have ruined any chance I would have had of getting it on telly. So in effect it could have gone out 4 weeks ago, yes but I had to wait for an answer.

Just to clarify, this is not a documentary targeting Bowyer? It demonstrates Venky's real incompetence as owners and also the disrespect they show.

Also I didn't release the trailer 'months' ago it was released on April 7th and a TV company has been assessing the doc for 4 weeks so I couldn't air it as it would have ruined any chance I would have had of getting it on telly. So in effect it could have gone out 4 weeks ago, yes but I had to wait for an answer.

Seemed a lot longer than that but that's still the best part of 2 months. Any point during that time would have been better.

I understand that Bowyer is not the target but he has the potential to generate a bit more support for the club. The timing of this video divides opinion again.

As I said, I just hope that there is some good that comes out of this for Blackburn Rovers because you've waited too long and released at the wrong time in my opinion. You could even have waited a further month.

Sorry Rish, I'm trying to balance my frustration on this with your obvious hard work and I'm struggling.

Rish, just out of interest what company assessed it? and what reasons did they give for not wanting to air it?

Cynical reason for asking as you might presume, just wondered if somebody wanted to gain access to what was in it before it went out.

Anyway good luck with the release and personally don't think there is a right or wrong time to release it, since November 2010 it's been strange and bad decisions (well where the club is concerned

) so the bit of a change of a sensible decision (Bowyer appointment) is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

Seemed a lot longer than that but that's still the best part of 2 months. Any point during that time would have been better.

I understand that Bowyer is not the target but he has the potential to generate a bit more support for the club. The timing of this video divides opinion again.

As I said, I just hope that there is some good that comes out of this for Blackburn Rovers because you've waited too long and released at the wrong time in my opinion. You could even have waited a further month.

Sorry Rish, I'm trying to balance my frustration on this with your obvious hard work and I'm struggling.

A very honest response and my initial reaction was similar. Why now?

I do agree that the timing isn't great, given the confirmation of Gary's appointment. On reflection,however, the fact that I am so positive about the Bowyer decision reflects the very pattern that the film will describe.

Throughout the negativity and embarrassment over the summer, there has been nothing but silence and delay from Pune. My reaction to the appointment is largely relief that they didn't do something really, really stupid..again.

Also, I am so mindful of my own responses to the Arsenal game last season. I used it as a positive. I challenged people, who were booing Kean during the game.

I sarcastically asked someone selling a black and gold scarf, if it meant I had to boo when my team scored! I was still applying normal supporter response to what I later realised was an abnormal, abuse situation.

Archived