BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Baroness Thatcher Dies

'Irish scrote' is it? Lovely...

Anyway, my grandfather died on Palm Sunday so I'm not going to crow over the death of someone's mother and grandmother.

I spent Friday morning visiting his home village in the Welsh valleys. He himself was a retired school principal but never forgot his roots which were firmly entrenched in the pits of the Afan Valley. His father, his uncles, his grandfather, his cousins were all miners. If he hadn't earned his place in the grammar school down in the Vale he'd have been down the mine too.

I often used to go and visit the village with him though. Clinging to the Valley wall, what was once a thriving, booming mining community with a pit, working 24/7, churning out coal to fuel the Empire is now a ghost town and has been since Maggie closed it all down in the 80s. The heart, soul, dignity and economic viability of an entire community - one of many throughout the UK - was torn out. The people who had depended on Britain's industrial supremacy for their livelihoods were left to rot on the slag pile. Given the geographic isolation of such places, there was little hope beyond the pit (hardly a life full of sunshine, butterflies and hugs in any case). The underclass was born.

She eviscerated the once proud British working-class, sacrificing it all on the altar of the free market, wanton deregulation and Lincolnshire greengrocer "pull yourself up by your bootstraps as long as I'm alright Jack" bullshit.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And she also put this country back on its feet, keaned the Argies and in general made the world take note of GREAT BRITAIN.

Whatever your thoughts, not one single person who has been in power since has had the balls or temerity to run this country the way she did instead we have nothing but elected @#/? idiots ruining on a day to day basis.

Thatcher or Blair, Kinnock, Brown, Smith or Milliband ?

Mrs T wins hands down each and every time.

How pure scum like Adams can come out and slate her is beyond belief the murdering Irish scrote. You may mock her but of the country had leadership like her we wouldnt be in half the mess we find ourselves in because of Labour scumbags and Tory incompetents.

Shows how thick the miners really were when they trusted Old Arty Scargill management and leadership ! They followed a born loser and lost.

Kinnock the pillock showed his skills by continually losing out to her.

Not one Labour contender can walk in her shadow, FACT.

Great post! Well said.

How are you enjoying life in Cyprus ? Like Britain under Thatcher it sold its soul to the financial services industry and like us it has bankrupted you. People are entitled to celebrate the passing of a politician who did more harm than good to the country.

Let's not forget that Thatcher was the most unpopular PM is history until she send hundreds of young men to death in the south Atlantic, where the use of force could have been avoided.

Re-writing history? Diplomacy was over. The Argies had invaded and taken over control of a British Overseas Territory and subjugated the predominantly British population.

No doubt you deny the holocaust too.

Thatcher or Blair, Kinnock, Brown, Smith or Milliband ? John Smith was a great Labour Leader, and many people beleive he would have been a great PM

Mrs T wins hands down each and every time. We will never know as Smith died before he had chance.

Shows how thick the miners really were when they trusted Old Arty Scargill management and leadership ! They followed a born loser and lost. Scargill

chose to strike without a national ballot. This was the reason there was such a split. Many minors did not want to strike. You do a great diservice to thousands of minors.

Kinnock the pillock showed his skills by continually losing out to her. Kinnock made one mistake. The "Well Alright" moment at Sheffield. Many analysts

belive he would have won the election if he had not got over excited there!

Many of those decrying the celebrations of those who suffered under her rule in the 80s are the same people who were disappointed that Saddam

Hussein's hanging was not shown LIVE on Sky News. A nation of hypocrites.

Thatcher was a heartless @#/?. In my opinion of course.

So true that article. I was a small child when Thatcher was in power and only know what people have told me about her. I can understand why some hated her and some respected her, but I've no opinion on her whatsoever as what she did in the past hasn't affected me. I find it cringeworthy when people my age or younger have such strong opinions on the subject and as for the facebook campaigns, no doubt started by some 18 year old trying to look clever and political... >_>

Okay I appreciate I shouldn't have used personal pronouns. But surely I can have an opinion on her politics, given the quotes and videos of her that are widely available?

Also, I don't recall 'rejoicing in her death' at any point.

Sorry was probably not the kindest thing to do to quote your post, but it was the most appropriate opportunity to share that link (which I found extremely funny), is all. No offence intended :)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, regardless of age.

Personally, being only 27, I'm almost resigned to never really knowing what to make of Thatcher's time in power. In such cases where I wasn't around I would usually talk to a few smart people who I know and take it from there, but she's such a divisive figure who inspires such strong emotions that I find it impossible.

Truth is, some of the smartest people I know who I respect greatly have wanted her dead for years, and some think she was a great woman. I'm not really sure what to do with that.

'Irish scrote' is it? Lovely...

Anyway, my grandfather died on Palm Sunday so I'm not going to crow over the death of someone's mother and grandmother.

I spent Friday morning visiting his home village in the Welsh valleys. He himself was a retired school principal but never forgot his roots which were firmly entrenched in the pits of the Afan Valley. His father, his uncles, his grandfather, his cousins were all miners. If he hadn't earned his place in the grammar school down in the Vale he'd have been down the mine too.

I often used to go and visit the village with him though. Clinging to the Valley wall, what was once a thriving, booming mining community with a pit, working 24/7, churning out coal to fuel the Empire is now a ghost town and has been since Maggie closed it all down in the 80s. The heart, soul, dignity and economic viability of an entire community - one of many throughout the UK - was torn out. The people who had depended on Britain's industrial supremacy for their livelihoods were left to rot on the slag pile. Given the geographic isolation of such places, there was little hope beyond the pit (hardly a life full of sunshine, butterflies and hugs in any case). The underclass was born.

What is all this with the Miners strike?

1. Lets not forget that Scargill was a communist and was motivated more by the communist struggle than the welfare of the members of the NUM. The NUM along with many other left wing politically motivated Unions had held power over the democratically elected government of this country for well over a decade previously. That was a situation that could quite simply NOT have been allowed to continue. Unfortunately the unions were hell bent on confrontation with the govt and we had a government that for once was not going to give in to those tactics.

2. This area's wealth was based on the cotton industry, but when King Cotton had had it's day I don't recall much help from the Unions or the press or the politicians or the activists for us other than a metaphorical shrugging of the shoulders. Why should mining be any different? The coal industry too had had it's day. Just like cotton goods imported coal was cheaper than home produced coal. Not only that but burning coal really was damaging the health of the nation and the planet, anyone who wants to walk around Yolrk can see at first hand the erosion caused by acid rain.

Margaret Thatcher made mistakes I'm sure but she was exactly what was needed at the time. She did what was necessary without the benefit of a crystal ball. What she did was to repair a cancerous decade of political unrest. Maybe she cut too much away in ridding the cancer who knows? What we do know is that despite the decade of New Labour under the majority governments of Blair and Brown not one mine has re-opened, not one privatised industry has been re-nationalised, the shipbuilding and steel industries have not been regenerated, whilst in the same time period China's economy and balance of trade with this country went from strength to strength unchecked. This table is pretty damning of the damage done to this country NOT by Margaret Thatcher but by succesive Labour govts.

http://timetric.com/index/uk-bop-balance-of-trade-china-monthly-ons/

How are you enjoying life in Cyprus ? Like Britain under Thatcher it sold its soul to the financial services industry and like us it has bankrupted you. People are entitled to celebrate the passing of a politician who did more harm than good to the country.

Life here is just great thanks and I'll refer you to my previous post.

Always feel uncomfortable with grave dancing

Then again I believe in keeping a bit of decorum and trying to rise above when possible

I can make an exception in her case. Dreadful woman. Most of the current problems afflicting the North can be laid at her door. I'd hoped for a long time to see this day.

What a fantastic day. Died in her own urine whilst her family robbed her on her death bed!

I'm still celebrating. I wish she could die every day the vile scum!

EXPOSE THE LIES BEFORE MAGGIE DIES - AND WE DID!

JUSTICE FOR THE 96!!

Parties going on in Glasgow tonight and into the wee hours. Come and join us.

Party on Lime Street in Liverpool last night was even better Jim!

Have one on me!

MAGGIE MAGGIE MAGGIE - DEAD DEAD DEAD!!

What a fantastic day. Died in her own urine whilst her family robbed her on her death bed!

JUSTICE FOR THE 96!!

Have one on me!

Now you really are one vile, odious,sad little individual.

• Backroom

Not mourning her loss but I'm finding a lot of this a little sick, parties for the death of someone who helped bring Mr Whippy to the world

JUSTICE FOR THE 96!!

Have one on me!

You sir, are a vacuous moron.

So true that article. I was a small child when Thatcher was in power and only know what people have told me about her. I can understand why some hated her and some respected her, but I've no opinion on her whatsoever as what she did in the past hasn't affected me. I find it cringeworthy when people my age or younger have such strong opinions on the subject and as for the facebook campaigns, no doubt started by some 18 year old trying to look clever and political... >_>

Oh I think you'll find it has. Her policies are still costing this country. £2 billion per year in extra Housing Benefit now paid out to private landlords renting out ex Right-to-Buy properties, and the seeds of the credit crunch were sown by her, let us not forget that. She changed the whole face of the financial services industry, and used it to replace manufacturing. Financial services represented around 3% of the British economy when she was elected, it was over 40% when she was booted out by her own party.

Any so-called reformer who creates inequality, and who harms swathes of the country they are supposed to serve, is a failure. An abject, harmful, destructive failure.

Close the thread, this is all anyone needs to read on the subject of Thatcher.

When you lose a family friend in Hillsborough and have to put up with all the lies SHE helped manufacture. The lies SHE hid, the distress SHE caused not only to my family but thousands of others, then maybe, just maybe I'll take value of your opinions.

I jumped with joy and still have a beaming smile on my face knowing that old witch is in hell!

DING DONG!

What was to stop the Belgrano returning ? They were the aggressors, @#/? to them. Remember that Exocet at Goose Green ?

The Falklands war was completely unnecessary as a peaceful solution could have easily been found. But even when it happened and we declared an exclusion zone around the islands we then proceeded to blow up the Belgrano, which was both not in the exclusion zone and heading away from the islands. Of course the Belgrano could have turned round, but presumably as we knew where it was and had the weaponry to sink it we could have reacted if and when that happened? The Sheffield sinking happened the day after and was presumably a reaction.

Archived