BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes- exit clause in contract

Certainly no-one in Championship (or the Premiership at this stage in his career) will match what Blackburn are paying him (I'd imagine thats the biggest reason he joined Blackburn)

If the lad had any kind of ambition he would join a club with real promotion aspirations... (or he can continue to earn a wedge at Ewood)

Whoa. hang on, we had genuine promotion aspirations when he joined and will have them next season if we scrape up.

Not saying Venky's will deliver on that but we'll have them nonetheless.

But Zaha cost 15M and he'll only bag you 7 or so a season. Tom ince is also worth 25M i hear so 8M for a striker isn't that bad really.

Stop talking sense. I'm astounded at how little people rate the art of goalscoring these days. Seems like they'd rather have a plodder who can't score but can hold the ball up all day long.

As for Sharp ten in thirty for Forest this season. Not bad, and I'd have been delighted with him as a second striker, but ten goals nowhere near as good as Rhodes' return.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was only worth 8 million if we got promoted or if we sold him and made a profit.

Neither have happened and neither will.

We'd have been better with Kevin Phillips on loan and strengthening other positions.

He was only worth 8 million if we got promoted or if we sold him and made a profit.

Neither have happened and neither will.

We'd have been better with Kevin Phillips on loan and strengthening other positions.

Correct

The only thing hurting Dunn at the moment is the constipation from too much junk food

Give over. You can tell he's hurting at the moment from our demise, at times he's been the only one in blue and white whose been trying. He's also been giving a few rollockings - a sign that he too is fedup with some of our underperforming and overpaid 'stars'.

We'd basically get our money back.

We paid £4m for Rhodes, not £8m like almost everyone seems to believe.

There were add-ons taking the potential total close to £8m, but they included things like Rovers getting promoted and Scotland winning the World Cup and such nonsense.

£4m back would represent a loss on wages alone, but certainly is no disaster.

We'd basically get our money back.

We paid £4m for Rhodes, not £8m like almost everyone seems to believe.

There were add-ons taking the potential total close to £8m, but they included things like Rovers getting promoted and Scotland winning the World Cup and such nonsense.

£4m back would represent a loss on wages alone, but certainly is no disaster.

You are wrong. I can confirm that the deal is a guaranteed fee of £8 million pounds. There are no clauses in this figure. The confusion comes because. The payments are staggered annual payments over 5 years. The football league has also guaranteed that if blackburn were liquidated or entered administration they would complete and outstanding payments to Huddersfield.

There is a 25% sell on clause that only applies on any profit above £8million you make if you do sell him.

There are no performance related clauses connected to the £8 million fee. It is simply that it is staggered.

You are wrong. I can confirm that the deal is a guaranteed fee of £8 million pounds. There are no clauses in this figure. The confusion comes because. The payments are staggered annual payments over 5 years. The football league has also guaranteed that if blackburn were liquidated or entered administration they would complete and outstanding payments to Huddersfield.

There is a 25% sell on clause that only applies on any profit above £8million you make if you do sell him.

There are no performance related clauses connected to the £8 million fee. It is simply that it is staggered.

looks like Huddersfield will be a creditor soon...

• Backroom

Then again you said there was no chance at all he would join us so really you aren't credible in the slightest as a source

We'll have to sell him anyway and £4 would be a good price so this isn't anything to worry about. Not even Rovers would pay someone £30K a week, or whatever he's on, in the 3rd Division would they? On saying that we still have Murphy etc......

Where have you got the bit about admin from? That would never be mentioned in any press release etc regarding a transfer and i doubt that the FL would guarantee the payments if a club went bust, why should they. The debt is between the 2 clubs unless of course there is some form of insurance policy taken out against such an event. Think you've made that bit up after reading our board, which means the rest is rollox as well ?

Does anyone really expect us to have Jordan Rhodes in our team in League One? There's absolutely no chance.

He will be sold regardless if our status. Got to pay the wages somehow!

But Zaha cost 15M and he'll only bag you 7 or so a season. Tom ince is also worth 25M i hear so 8M for a striker isn't that bad really.

Zaha has gone to Man Utd! Not even comparable.

Tom Ince is only valued at £25 million by his moronic father. In January he was valued at £6 million. And that was going to Liverpool.

If Rhodes was at a level where he was attracting Man Utd/Liverpool then fair enough, but he's not. Nobody else is stupid enough to pay £8 million for Rhodes other than Venky's.

He will be sold regardless if our status. Got to pay the wages somehow!

You may well be right, he's scored plenty of goals in a rubbish team. I would expect a promotion candidate to be interested in him.

The man has scored 25 goals with service from the most dreadful midfield in the division! Why wouldnt someone pay 4 or 5 million? I reckon either one of the three teams which go up from the championship or the three which come down from the PL will come sniffing round him.

Where have you got the bit about admin from? That would never be mentioned in any press release etc regarding a transfer and i doubt that the FL would guarantee the payments if a club went bust, why should they. The debt is between the 2 clubs unless of course there is some form of insurance policy taken out against such an event. Think you've made that bit up after reading our board, which means the rest is rollox as well ?

From a question and answer session held on 6-09-2012 with Dean Hoyle and Nigel Clibbins in answer to the question why they said they Rhodes fee was a guaranteed £8 million when the payments were in installents and Blackbur beung not the most stable of clubs under venkys ownership.

From a question and answer session held on 6-09-2012 with Dean Hoyle and Nigel Clibbins in answer to the question why they said they Rhodes fee was a guaranteed £8 million when the payments were in installents and Blackbur beung not the most stable of clubs under venkys ownership.

Ok cheers.

Archived