BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rhodes- exit clause in contract

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deal was done by McGuire and Moyes , confirmed by Shaw when we pressed him last week

My guess the average should have been around £800,000. Let me guess... £1,000,000 each?

• Backroom

Ha ha big Sams final revenge

His value is dependent on the league we are in, stay up and it is likely to take close to millions in the double figures, go down and you can divide that by 3

Ha ha big Sams final revenge

His value is dependent on the league we are in, stay up and it is likely to take close to millions in the double figures, go down and you can divide that by 3

So true plus I think he will have a couple of bargaining chips in his arsenal if push comes to shove

I think Big Sam would waste the talent of Rhodes.

He has always played with a big striker up top, one who is good in the air and can hold the ball up. Rhodes can do neither well, he is a top class finisher but nothing more than that...

It may sound a bit harsh but I think its true. For me he is still the first name down on the team sheet and without him there would be no question of a second successive relegation.

Can't see there being any legs in this one as has been said no way is Rhodes a Big Sam type player. Christ even Andy Carrol isn't these days because West Ham are demanded to knock it about on the deck a bit more by their fans. However if Allardyce can get someone on the cheap then he's always interested. More Nicko pot strirring methinks.

Can't see there being any legs in this one as has been said no way is Rhodes a Big Sam type player. Christ even Andy Carrol isn't these days because West Ham are demanded to knock it about on the deck a bit more by their fans. However if Allardyce can get someone on the cheap then he's always interested. More Nicko pot strirring methinks.

Sam and West ham bid % million for him in January 2012. Hoyle turned them straight down as He wanted Rhodes to stop and get us promotion. This is why he agreed to the summer sale but it had to be for 8 million and above. As I said in the summer we never thought that Blackburn would actually fork out the 8 million. A big thanks goes to Shebby for that one.

West ham and Sam rate him.

I wonder if this deal could have been done cheaper if we had not paid two agents ?

Probably not, the deal might have not have been agreed if they weren't involved. Still, people have made a handsome pay packet out of the deal...

Sam and West ham bid % million for him in January 2012. Hoyle turned them straight down as He wanted Rhodes to stop and get us promotion. This is why he agreed to the summer sale but it had to be for 8 million and above. As I said in the summer we never thought that Blackburn would actually fork out the 8 million. A big thanks goes to Shebby for that one.

We also are thankfull for that as without his contribution we'd be rooted to the bottom spot. That is unless in the unlikely event that Kean had signed someone decent instead. To me though all Allardyce is ever looking for in a striker is someone to mould into the next Kevin Davies :)

5 million not % million... typo.

Love Rhodesy, but this is his level, doesn't have the pace or strength for the modern day Premiership, particularly an Allardyce team. Would be exposed just like Kalinic was.

Interesting question, how many goals would Kalinic have got in the Championship this season? More or less than Rhodes?

I was never Kalinic's biggest fan, but I'll bet he'd get 15+ in the Championship

Big Sam will put in a stupid low offer then slate the club for not accepting it, the only positive about venkys is tht they won't be mugged of when selling a player with the exception of the ridiculously cheap Nzonzi

Big Sam will put in a stupid low offer then slate the club for not accepting it, the only positive about venkys is tht they won't be mugged of when selling a player with the exception of the ridiculously cheap Nzonzi

The numpty wouldn't play for us and there was little interest in him from anywhere else. We were lucky to get what we did for him eventually imo.

Interesting to see he now seems to be in the process of taking Stoke down, hard to see how that could happen when according to some he is Ya Ya Tore mark 2

The numpty wouldn't play for us and there was little interest in him from anywhere else. We were lucky to get what we did for him eventually imo.

Interesting to see he now seems to be in the process of taking Stoke down, hard to see how that could happen when according to some he is Ya Ya Tore mark 2

Murphy , etuhuhuhuhuhu or nzonzi ?

Big Sam knows the going rate for the striker will start at the £8m mark and nothing less. Rovers will have no reasons to sell him unless they take the drop.

Venkys, if Rovers survive, have the final chance to make good. That means proper football people making football decisions.

The club is at the final crossroads. Take the right turn and we could see a revival. On the flip side, take the wrong turn and its the final death knell for BRFC.

Its going to have been an expensive lesson for the Rao family to have learned. Even I dont think they are stupid enough to carry on letting Singh make such foolish decisions.

• Moderation Lead

Big Sam knows the going rate for the striker will start at the £8m mark and nothing less. Rovers will have no reasons to sell him unless they take the drop.

Venkys, if Rovers survive, have the final chance to make good. That means proper football people making football decisions.

The club is at the final crossroads. Take the right turn and we could see a revival. On the flip side, take the wrong turn and its the final death knell for BRFC.

Its going to have been an expensive lesson for the Rao family to have learned. Even I dont think they are stupid enough to carry on letting Singh make such foolish decisions.

He doesn't seem like an Allardyce signing to be honest, I personally think it's Nixon's attempt to put his name out there via an agent, though obviously not something the daft jock turncoat is known for....

He doesn't seem like an Allardyce signing to be honest, I personally think it's Nixon's attempt to put his name out there via an agent, though obviously not something the daft jock turncoat is known for....

Definitely not your usual Big Sam target man, but I can see him playing in the sort of Kevin Nolan role just off the striker. He's got most of his goals from scraps this year, so a manager who impresses on his teams winning second balls as much as Allardyce does would find a use for him somewhere.

Archived