BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BBC sport article

I'm all confused now with who said what and, I replied to and what they meant, or if I misunderstood something... Ah @#/? it, move on...

If it helps I'm just as confused. It does look Blue and White forgot that Kean managed us this season.

Steve Kean, the best manager all season. I knew we shouldn't have sacked him at the start of the season.

Who was the manager when Blackburn were top of the table after 6 or 7 games?

I'll humour you both.

On the one hand, Kean didn't have Rhodes for long.

On the other hand, teams had never played us before and had no idea how we'll play or what are players are like to play against. This is why promoted teams are often good at the start of the season.

In relation to us, people have commented on Murphy eventually being closed down earlier, and Rochina being double-teamed. There's probably other things.

Then there are our weaknesses, like balls into the box from a wide position that teams eventually found out was the best way of scoring against us.

Who was up there with us? Blackpool.....Leicester were 11th, Palace were 16th and Watford were 20th. Because they'd yet to go on a run to gain some momentum. And because a lot of teams had new managers/players so it takes a while to get going.

We had played 7 games in a 46 game season. There's no way you can use that time to give an accurate indication of how the season would go.

Imo, any team with decent strikers, or wide players with a decent final ball, would have comfortably dispatched with us under Kean, like Boro....we might have come top half, or maybe made the playoffs, but there was a very little chance of us getting promoted......anyway, we would have gone straight back down anyway. He truly was "unsackable" after all.

It was Kean's backstabbing that led to Big Sam's dismissal!

Snake of the highest order.

Still astonishes me to this day that so many Rovers fans were willing to give the bald little incompetent liar time.

He is literally the single worst thing to happen to this club in my lifetime.

Still astonishes me to this day that so many Rovers fans were willing to give the bald little incompetent liar time.

The second worst, surely?

If anyone saw us under Kean they would know we were lucky as hell to get the results we did aside from maybe the Bristol City game, which incidentally I didn't see.

In the early weeks other teams stood off us. Once they realised that the best tactic was to close down our midfield and press on us deep in our half the game was up.

btw on the subject of Dingles and it would be real squeaky bum time but how funny would it be if we stayed up by one point? Even better by a goal difference of 1! :rover:

You are right and wrong.

Voldemort

Venkys

Kean

Agnew

Shaw

Singh

Ince

Ince was a harmless fool by that lots standards.

Indeed so...... but rem Paul Ince did not appoint himself!

But for fear of the now notoriously faceless Facebook numpties JW should have had the balls to appoint Allardyce in the summer as soon as Hughes departed. It was a real no brainer. No compensation to pay, no re-location to find and one of the top 6 all time Prem managers on our doorstep. Points make prizes and with 700k per league position we'd have comfortably finished at least half a dozen places higher that season and with at least half a dozen extra points attributed to having a proper keeper in the sticks too.

So working on simple arithmatic an est 6 places x 700k = 3 million pounds plus ..... 1700 facebook warriors @#/? off @ £200 per ST = 340k at the most. Common sense business practice has been a stranger to BRFC for a little longer than the Venkys reign.

Yup.

The man is a rat of the highest order, complete chancer, commonly known as an arrogant man, someone who drinks too often and has no manners in front of woman.

It is one of the great shames in our history that he ever was titled 'manager' of our once proud club.

Archived