BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Greatest Goal Ever Scored At Ewood Park.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not trawling through to check if it's been mentioned or not but what about Henry when Arsenal were down to ten men. We had a corner I think and he ran up the left touchline before scoring a screamer. That sticks in my mind. If anyone can find it please put it on here!

Pedersen vs Fulham also sticks in the mind.. What.a.strike

Not trawling through to check if it's been mentioned or not but what about Henry when Arsenal were down to ten men. We had a corner I think and he ran up the left touchline before scoring a screamer. That sticks in my mind. If anyone can find it please put it on

Yeah, I mentioned it earlier.

The one against Notts County in '76 was really special.

6-1 I seem to recall - mind for Svarc what looked like a diving header was a full stretched leap to his maximum height !

Surprised Beamish's goal against Luton in the same era hasn't got a mention. Seemed to recall it started somewhere close to the Darwen end touchline with Faz winning the ball releasing Metcalfe then to Parkes passed out to the right wing clipped cross from Hird and Beamish volleying in all in the space of about 5 seconds. I suspect he mis hit it knowing Beamo but it was still a fantastic move!

From the same era with a similar move though not quite the same finish I came across this:-

Thanks for the diversion Tyrone !!

6-1 I seem to recall - mind for Svarc what looked like a diving header was a full stretched leap to his maximum height !

Surprised Beamish's goal against Luton in the same era hasn't got a mention. Seemed to recall it started somewhere close to the Darwen end touchline with Faz winning the ball releasing Metcalfe then to Parkes passed out to the right wing clipped cross from Hird and Beamish volleying in all in the space of about 5 seconds. I suspect he mis hit it knowing Beamo but it was still a fantastic move!

From the same era with a similar move though not quite the same finish I came across this:-

Yeah, I think we needed a distraction. I'm thinking of another one for next week !

The goal I'm going to write about will have been seen by a few people on this board.Many would not describe it as the best, especially in view of the real quality ones scored since then, far more than could have ever been imagined at that time.

But for me it was the most remarkable, given the scorer and the distance from goal.

I take you back to the grim old days of our first spell in the 3rd Division and an era when it really wasn't clear if we would slip into the very bottom professional division. There were fears we might go out of business.

The manager brought in a "very experienced" Scottish centre back whose legs had gone, but with whose help the slide down the leagues was halted.

Towards the end of one of the 2 seasons MacNamee had with us we played Brighton at home. I don't know if he ever scored any other goals for us-I speculate he didn't go up for corners as he probably couldn't get back quickly enough-but the way I remember it, he was standing around the centre line, the ball came to him, he hit it on the volley. And it went straight in!

Unforgettable, memorable, if not the very best.

The goal I'm going to write about will have been seen by a few people on this board.Many would not describe it as the best, especially in view of the real quality ones scored since then, far more than could have ever been imagined at that time.

But for me it was the most remarkable, given the scorer and the distance from goal.

I take you back to the grim old days of our first spell in the 3rd Division and an era when it really wasn't clear if we would slip into the very bottom professional division. There were fears we might go out of business.

The manager brought in a "very experienced" Scottish centre back whose legs had gone, but with whose help the slide down the leagues was halted.

Towards the end of one of the 2 seasons MacNamee had with us we played Brighton at home. I don't know if he ever scored any other goals for us-I speculate he didn't go up for corners as he probably couldn't get back quickly enough-but the way I remember it, he was standing around the centre line, the ball came to him, he hit it on the volley. And it went straight in!

Unforgettable, memorable, if not the very best.

It was still going up when it went in as I remember it. Brighton were pushing for promotion I think

Arsenal at home I think Robert. He also scored a cracker away to Man City in our title winning season.

Could be but I can't find any trace of it anywhere after going through the you tube videos, may be I'm imagining it. another one of my favourites was suttons last minute free cake that secured us a place in the uefa cup (when it still meant something) against Newcastle, I'm sure better goals have been scored but the way the place erupted will always be a fond memory

Thank you for the memory Grinder, I just about remember the game.

I also had a couple of pints with John Waddington's brother just 1/2 hour ago. Another Rovers fan who is disgusted with the chicken loons.

Could be but I can't find any trace of it anywhere after going through the you tube videos, may be I'm imagining it. another one of my favourites was suttons last minute free cake that secured us a place in the uefa cup (when it still meant something) against Newcastle, I'm sure better goals have been scored but the way the place erupted will always be a fond memory

Edit - will post YouTube clip when I'm on my laptop Robert.

this reminds me of the time i took younger brother (yoda) to a game in the 60's against manu, we got in at the bburn end for some reason and it was packed with the mancs. we needed to get to the front then we could move round to the riverside or darwen end, not sure were we ended up.i crouched down and scrabbled my way to the front between the mancs legs while the mancs lifted yoda up in the air and passed him down to the front every body having a laugh.bet that wouldnt happen these days. oh and we got tonked :(

maybe we need a nostalgia thread.

Here you are Robert. The Le Saux Arsenal goal is about 7 mins 20 in. I'd say his free-kick away to Man City in the same season was better though:

cheers. its not the one I was thinking about though, this was in his final 2 seasons post title winning season, I can;t find it someone has missed a goal in these compilations, it was a cup game, it was never a goal and just hit the woodwork or something, I give wasting time thinking about it now though.

On the one hand it's great to see these videos from the good times and see the crowds roaring but it's quite sad when realize what it's like today.

Archived