BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Championship Survival? - What Next?

Yes. Rhodes has done more than could be expected of him, but the facts are that in almost every single game this season and last, we've not been able to dictate possession. Our opponents have virtually always dominated play. If we continue to play him on his own up front, we're not going to change that. If we play someone alongside him, we will be overrun in midfield. What we are getting is Rhodes scoring more than his fair share of goals, but as a team we are being overrun. Do we continue down this route?

I think we need a more mobile, fitter and technically able midfield as well, not to mention defenders able to pick out a pass into midfield and not just hoof it towards a lone striker that has a hopeless mission of getting a hold of the ball and controlling it, all while marked by defenders knowing it's our only route. Our play has been so one dimensional and lacking confidence that thinking that swapping Rhodes for a target man will solve our problems alone is naive at best. We have problems running deep into organisation, and one cannot expect a team (albeit of professionals) to perform under the current climate of unprofessionalism that is running/ruining our club.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If by some miracle, there are 2 teams crapper than us in this run in and we stay up, we could go down next year with a record low points total.

There is every chance of that happening !

But I am sticking to my selection of a few weeks ago Peterboro, Barnsley and Bristol City to be relegated ..

• Moderation Lead

It would be history repeating itself. Survive on the final day, then relegation the following season.

Indeed, would be eerie if Wolves did the same....

Based on current history, if Venky's fail to take us down this year, they'll do it at the second attempt. Just prepare yourselves for more ludicrous decisions/indecision, boardroom infighting, and managerial merry-go-round.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at Venkys HQ at the monthly meeting where Rovers comes up - as agenda item 37 (or 38 depending on whether hatchery factory 12's toilets are overflowing or not).

What exactly do they get from continued ownership of our club?

Archived