BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Blackburn Rovers vs Huddersfield Town, Tuesday 16 April, 19:45

My mood is soured by the revelation T4E is mates with Jerome Anderson though. Why, pal, why? :(

It's not all bad. I can call him a bellend in public and he doesn't threaten to sue me :tu:

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we might need more than 3 points. Watford bottling it against 3 of the worst sides in the divison on the bounce seems too optimistic imo. That said, Bowyer has done wonders to give us a chance.

I hope Watford crash and burn I'm the play-offs. They've done us zero favours. What odds we'll be the only team down there that they beat?

excellent display from rovers that showed both fight(and imo crucially) our better quality of player, possibly the most convincing display this season( i`ve not attended quite a few due to being away) and only the fact we couldn`t quite get that second goal gave a fighting huddersfield side a sniff at all. if we`d played like that all season, we`d have been at the right end of the league and probably in the mix for promotion.

the players can hold their heads up high tonight after all the doubts expressed about them in certain places.

Edited by saxo1man30

I think we might need more than 3 points. Watford bottling it against 3 of the worst sides in the divison on the bounce seems too optimistic imo. That said, Bowyer has done wonders to give us a chance.

Given what Bowyer has said in recent days it seems pretty clear to me he will get the gig full time next season. From what I have seen he deserves the chance. Good luck to the bloke. I hope he can get the most out of the squad in the short term and get us over the line. If / when he gets the job permanently I hope he sees merit in bringing in players like Jones who will fight for the shirt and are proven at this level. If our finances allow such luxuries that is.

Bloody hell Patrick you're a pessimist ! If we need more than three points I'll be surprised.

I hope Watford crash and burn I'm the play-offs. They've done us zero favours. What odds we'll be the only team down there that they beat?

That's exactly my thinking Stu. We're just not lucky enough to continue that run. Could see us pinching a draw if we play at our best.

Bloody hell Patrick you're a pessimist ! If we need more than three points I'll be surprised.

Guilty as charged Tyrone.

It's not all bad. I can call him a bellend in public and he doesn't threaten to sue me :tu:

Don't make light of this toogs. You've been outed. I thought better of you, but clearly my trust was misplaced.

You're a bad bad person. Tantric or not. Just plain bad.

Don't make light of this toogs. You've been outed. I thought better of you, but clearly my trust was misplaced.

You're a bad bad person. Tantric or not. Just plain bad.

Now I feel bad. I'll make it up to you. You strike me as a bit of a late developer. Fancy a contract to sit on the bench of the reserves of an established English professional football team? Me and Jezza can hook you up.

A great result, and from what I can tell a well played game. Nice to hear that some of our better players are beginning to play towards the best of their abilities. Hopefully we can keep it up for the last four games and start settling the ship ready for a promotion push next season. Also, I'll be going to the last four games and it would be good to actually see Rovers win again before the season is out!!

Now I feel bad. I'll make it up to you. You strike me as a bit of a late developer. Fancy a contract to sit on the bench of the reserves of an established English professional football team? Me and Jezza can hook you up.

Only if you go on national tv and wax lyrical about my tackle.

one word on todd kane, excellent prospect. reminds me of (a right sided) graeme le saux, tenacious and gets forward superbly. will be a first teamer for chelsea at some point surely..?

he was just one in a team of star perfomers tonight though who you could see it DOES matter to them.

• Backroom

Absolutely brilliant tonight, I thought everybody played well apart from Leon Best, still to prove that he's good enough for the Championship, nevermind Premiership! David Goodwillie looked very sharp when he came on, would give him a start next game and let him show us what he's capable of.

My MOTM was Todd Kane, won everything and loves getting forward, hopefully Chelsea will let us have him again next season.

It wasnt all a bed of roses boys and girls. Some of the football on offeer was frighteningly poor BUT lets just take the points and look up rather than down. I called it right with a Rovers win by the odd goal.

Just reflecting on yet another atrocious season, my final visit top Ewood this year and Cardiff going up. Rovers stand some 30 points off Cardiff and it got me thinking just how Rovers havent got themselves at least into the top 5 this season.

Ipswich a lost 2 points

Leeds a lost 2 points

Charlton a lost 2 points

Wolves home lost 3 points

Forest a lost 2 points

Derby a lost 2 points

Huddersfield a lost 2 points

Brum h lost 2 points

Bolton h lost 3 points

Millwall h lost 3 points

Burnley a lost 2 points

Cardiff h lost at least 1 point

Blackpool a lost 1 point

Boro a lost 3 points

Wolves a lost 3 points

Charlton h lost 3 points

Brighton h and a lost 6 points

Leeds h lost 2 points

Peterboro h lost 3 points

Burnley h lost 2 points

Sheff wed a lost 3 points

Yes folks that a whopping 50 points that we have lost (IMO) this season. Comfortably league winners even with losing a few games.

Food for thought eh ?????

Not his biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but Scott Dann was immense tonight, played like a real captain.

A lot more confident in our chances now, more down to the desire and application from the players over the last two games.

Oh and Todd Kane has a real future in the game in my opinion, looks a proper player.

Thought Pedersen played all right after a wobbly first 5 minutes. Gotta allow for the blind hatred of some to him though (well deserved with his decade and 350 games of service). I think the rules are:

If he plays brilliantly mumble something about being surprised.

If he plays well ignore it.

If he plays ok criticise him.

If he plays badly villify him.

If he plays awful boo him for the next 3 seasons.

That about right?

Was very impressed by Lee Williamson tonight, he protected our back 4 very well, lots of good performances all round though. Agree with comments on Kane, seems to have a good temperance too gets stuck in without being over aggressive.

he isn't scared to speak his mind either by the looks of the telling off he gave Dunn when he left him exposed just before the end of normal time. I'd said to my son who was attending his first match in a while that I thought Kane was improving match on match and I thought he was very good again tonight. Williamson and Jones probably had MOTM between them but Kane must have run them close. He just has bags of energy too and isn't afraid to get forward because he has the pace and determination to get back too.

I hope Chelsea don't really notice Todd Kane and let him slip away on the cheap as he will be a top player for somebody

Good potential that lad, 100% effort and a bit of pace. A candidate for MOM tonight for me. Puts the likes of Orr to shame.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.