BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Legends match

Its lee. Think was on bench in play off win. His dad worked in accy about 5 years ago with mine.Mcnamee joined with bobo.Mcnamee joined with bobo.

Yes your correct, my memory is worse than I thought!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Match tickets can be purchased now via onerovers , club ticket office .

Legends party tickets nearly all gone .

Corporate boxes about 2 left

Also a few spaces left in jacks kitchen .

Should be a cracking event as Tugay intends on playing 90 minutes , whilst some good players in legends team

Its lee. Think was on bench in play off win.

I was at wembley for the game and only 8. My ever abiding memory of lee richardson is him coming off the bench at wembley, going on a surging run down the left, going to kick it with his left foot, completely missing the ball and falling over.

I know it's not particularly funny trying to describe it now, but it has always stuck in my mind! I think that was his last appearance for rovers, could be wrong.

I was at wembley for the game and only 8. My ever abiding memory of lee richardson is him coming off the bench at wembley, going on a surging run down the left, going to kick it with his left foot, completely missing the ball and falling over.

I know it's not particularly funny trying to describe it now, but it has always stuck in my mind! I think that was his last appearance for rovers, could be wrong.

Sounds about right. I used to call him left foot Lee as he didn't have one. He was pretty much ever present in our 1992 promotion season. Tough tackling midfielder. I think we got him from Watford.

I hope I'm well wide of the mark but looking at the ticket booker on Rovers site the uptake of tickets for this game looks abysmal.

That would be a real shame with all the effort being made.

I hope it pulls a good crowd, executive all but sold out now just the one left, corporates and after party tickets are heading for a sell out. Would like a decent crowd in the stands to welcome back Tugay et al.

Personally I always find legends & testimonial type games a pretty depressing, who wants to see their heroes/idols washed up, out of shape and struggling to last 15 minutes without hocking their guts up(no thanks)

but saying that many do like them so I hope you make a few quid for this charity.

I hope I'm well wide of the mark but looking at the ticket booker on Rovers site the uptake of tickets for this game looks abysmal.

That would be a real shame with all the effort being made.

I've been keeping my eye on it... most of those sold have been in the last couple of days so hopefully will continue to pick up.

The problem as I see it is only opening half on the JW lower initially. If, say the BBE lower was also opened more would be inclined to go I think.

I've been keeping my eye on it... most of those sold have been in the last couple of days so hopefully will continue to pick up.

The problem as I see it is only opening half on the JW lower initially. If, say the BBE lower was also opened more would be inclined to go I think.

We requested for the Blackburn End to be opened but was informed that it would severely increase the costs of stewards being billed to us.

We requested for the Blackburn End to be opened but was informed that it would severely increase the costs of stewards being billed to us.

Sorry, should have said I understand that that to be a barrier, it's a shame as surely stewarding would only need to be at the minimum level for a game like this and with it being for charity you would have thought the club could have gone some way into helping with it.

Lets just hope match tickets sell as well as Exec boxes have.

Exec boxes is the easy bit....the general apathy towards the club and arse lickers like Gallagher will probably result in a lack of real interest from the normal man on the street. Hope I am wrong.

Exec boxes is the easy bit....the general apathy towards the club and arse lickers like Gallagher will probably result in a lack of real interest from the normal man on the street. Hope I am wrong.

Exec boxes the easy bit? I wish lol. Lets just hope for the likes of Tugay the normal man on the street realises this game isn't about Venky's

It is about Venkys though....the whole reason BRAG was formed was because of venkys and now BRAG are in Shebbys pocket, they are looking for ways to justify themselves....this game being one of the ways.

Wrong on every comment, but never mind. Lets try and keep this thread on topic just for once.

• Backroom

It is about Venkys though....the whole reason BRAG was formed was because of venkys and now BRAG are in Shebbys pocket, they are looking for ways to justify themselves....this game being one of the ways.

This is a charity game being played at Ewood Park and nothing more. Why does it matter who organised it? Or is the Orphanage Cup final about Venkys too?

who wants to see their heroes/idols players washed up, out of shape and struggling to last 15 minutes without hocking their guts up(no thanks)

Edited. Now it's just like describing a first team game these days ;)

Edited. Now it's just like describing a first team game these days ;)

:lol:

Though to be fair, other than the usual crocks(dunn,givet, kazim) they where looking much fitter and stronger in the final couple of months(Appletons training kicking in perhaps!)

I take it that you two miserable buggers will not be attending.

Archived