BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Legends match

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick update , tickets for jacks kitchen and the post match party with the players go off sale at 9pm Sunday due to final figures to Northcote being needed in these areas

Jacks kitchen tickets are £25 each

Whilst party with the legends with the bar open until 12.30 , and a chance to buy the shirts of their backs are £15 each

Numbers are limited due to the size of the Premier suite

No more executive boxes are available

Match tickets are priced at £6.50 adults and £1 children and will be on sale upto ko at the rovers ticket office .

A massive thank you to the different sponsors of the match including

Derian house

Log fires

Anchor

Brown cow

Haywood and Jackson

100 club

The event will see half time entertainment and if people can get down early they will see on the big screen a 15 minute video which will bring back memories and tears

I take it that you two miserable buggers will not be attending.

I wont be going no, not ot of any kind of protest(im not a boycotter!) or because of the brag connection(honest :P ), I just don't like these kinds of events(for the reason given in earlier post),

Also (and I know im going to get stick for this :unsure: ) but i'm not to keen on what the the games in aid of, considering your average prem(even championship) footballer earns more in a month(week even) than this event will likely raise, I think it should be down to them and the f.a to take care of ex-pro fotballers(not fans that are already spending a small fortune to watch the games

I wont be going no, not ot of any kind of protest(im not a boycotter!) or because of the brag connection(honest :P ), I just don't like these kinds of events(for the reason given in earlier post),

Also (and I know im going to get stick for this :unsure: ) but i'm not to keen on what the the games in aid of, considering your average prem(even championship) footballer earns more in a month(week even) than this event will likely raise, I think it should be down to them and the f.a to take care of ex-pro fotballers(not fans that are already spending a small fortune to watch the games

I think the idea is to financially support players who got slightly less than the vastly overpaid players these days - players who plied their trade in the 60's, 70's & 80's and who have fallen on hard times. A very worth organisation but it should be noted that it ISN'T a charity...

As people know I don't normally get involved politically in the rights and wrongs the club makes but I feel I need to get involved here.

I have to say I'm very disappointed to hear one of my close friends roversmum & her husband do not feel they can attend the legends match on wednesday because they feel uncomfortable attending.

I'm not sure who but it seems one of the action group has been very nasty to her and I have to say there is no call for it whatever the rights and wrongs Venkys have done we all have our own ways in dealing with things and just because people don't shout venkys out does not mean to say they don't care.

I know the Fans forum get a very rough deal as to what they can & can't achieve & I can reassure everyone no-one has a hotline to the Rao Family or have any influence in the decisions they make.

One thing I will say roversmum & her family certainly have rovers best interests at heart and she is as upset as anyone about the current situation & I do know she is doing all she can to affect change.

I can confirm I have known her and her family and wider family for 2 years now and they are the nicest family you could hope to meet.

I have met her family at many disabled supporters parties on many an occasion and her support for rovers goes as far as academy matches & reserve team matches and should not be questioned.

Her family have been very supportive in helping me with my housing application and on many an event including the members cup final 25th anniversary do which I was unable to picked up a postcard for me and on many an occasion got me autographs at rovers do's of many players.

The problems the club faces is far & wide and even myself have come up against a brick wall as they (Venkys) just do not listen to anyone it does not mean to say people are doing nothing to try and effect change as our very own Kamy will confirm.

When shebby arrived on the scene I wrote a letter marked private & confidential explaining the problems at the club and wishing him the best in his new role I was not rude or confronting kamy will confirm as he has proof read it before it was sent to this very day I have yet to receive a reply from him as well as various emails.

I'm as furious as everyone else with their continued silence.

I do feel when someone feels uncomfortable about attending a rovers celebration of past legends is taking it to another level now I'm not sure who has upset her & don't want to know all I ask is that they bury the hatchet & welcome her back on here.

No-one in this community should be made to feel not welcome especially someone as nice as her at the end of the day we are all hurting at what is happening to our beloved club & we are all supporters & want the team to do well.

As people know I don't normally get involved politically in the rights and wrongs the club makes but I feel I need to get involved here.

I have to say I'm very disappointed to hear one of my close friends roversmum & her husband do not feel they can attend the legends match on wednesday because they feel uncomfortable attending.

I'm not sure who but it seems one of the action group has been very nasty to her and I have to say there is no call for it whatever the rights and wrongs Venkys have done we all have our own ways in dealing with things and just because people don't shout venkys out does not mean to say they don't care.

I know the Fans forum get a very rough deal as to what they can & can't achieve & I can reassure everyone no-one has a hotline to the Rao Family or have any influence in the decisions they make.

One thing I will say roversmum & her family certainly have rovers best interests at heart and she is as upset as anyone about the current situation & I do know she is doing all she can to affect change.

I can confirm I have known her and her family and wider family for 2 years now and they are the nicest family you could hope to meet.

I have met her family at many disabled supporters parties on many an occasion and her support for rovers goes as far as academy matches & reserve team matches and should not be questioned.

Her family have been very supportive in helping me with my housing application and on many an event including the members cup final 25th anniversary do which I was unable to picked up a postcard for me and on many an occasion got me autographs at rovers do's of many players.

The problems the club faces is far & wide and even myself have come up against a brick wall as they (Venkys) just do not listen to anyone it does not mean to say people are doing nothing to try and effect change as our very own Kamy will confirm.

When shebby arrived on the scene I wrote a letter marked private & confidential explaining the problems at the club and wishing him the best in his new role I was not rude or confronting kamy will confirm as he has proof read it before it was sent to this very day I have yet to receive a reply from him as well as various emails.

I'm as furious as everyone else with their continued silence.

I do feel when someone feels uncomfortable about attending a rovers celebration of past legends is taking it to another level now I'm not sure who has upset her & don't want to know all I ask is that they bury the hatchet & welcome her back on here.

No-one in this community should be made to feel not welcome especially someone as nice as her at the end of the day we are all hurting at what is happening to our beloved club & we are all supporters & want the team to do well.

I'm quite distressed about this post Savio and for a few reasons .

Firstly saying an AG member has been nasty to someone can be a damaging statement if that person or persons are not an AG member . We take complaints seriously regarding any members conduct and would have no issue in revoking anyone's membership whose behaviour is inappropriate .

Any organisation or entity with a large membership base are likely to to have people disagree with another's opinion . For e.g people disagree everyday on here but everyone is still a member , whilst one of my neighbours cars were damaged last year by another neighbour who are both members of the same labour club .

Sweeping statements can be damaging .

The AG tries its best and I know with you the group has spent a lot of time in helping in your housing issue which has taken your case to the very top of Blackburn and Darwen council . Whilst also agreeing to help move you when your move goes through .

I'm not sure who roversmum has fallen out with , but I assure you it certainly will not be anyone of the committee and we have never received a complaint or request asking if another supporter is a member of the AG from roversmum . Had we done so, we would of investigated it as we do with any complaint we receive .

I hope Roversmum changes her mind about attending the match as nearly every supporters group I can think of have purchased tickets for the game with 90% of supporter groups taking up offers in the corporate areas .

We have a very strong equality and diversity statement in our constitution which is displayed also at the walk in centre . We have many long standing members who are disabled and take bullying very seriously . It's unacceptable and is not welcome within the groups membership base .

However we are also very strict with confidentiality , so much so that only one member of the committee has access to the groups membership base and he could verify or deny if this alleged incident has come from an AG member .

So in short it's an allegation I'm not personally pleased about , but its also one which has not been brought to either mine or any of the committees attention prior to reading your post . If roversmum feels someone has abused her then she is more than welcome to make direct contact with me or any of the committee and we will investigate the incident to A) determine if this person is a member of the group , B) if this person is s member then we will ask for their side of the story, C) if not a member then I'm thoroughly disappointed that an allegation with no foundation has been made without us being allowed to investigate it.

Finally I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow , it's been real tough trying to organise . The amount of red tape and overheads for this type of event is incredible , it also opens your eyes to how much work goes into organising any football match on a weekly basis. This is just one match , so i admire those that have to do the weekly as its certainly not a two minute job.

Glen,Mark I'm sorry I seem to have opened up some old wounds within the base for which I am sorry and I really appreciate the help the AG has done in helping me with my housing application. I am also sorry to have made it seem like it's the whole AG at fault because from what I hear there was an incident now I have no idea what has been said and I know sometimes things get said in the heat of the moment and later people regret what has been said. Having spent time with roversmum on quite a few occasions I know the type of family they are and they are good people who have supported rovers for a long time not questioning anyone's else's loyalty to Rovers. Although I am disappointed for whatever reason she feels unable to attend however whatever has happened is wrong there is nothing here that can't be resolved I don't know what has been said but I am sure there is nothing here that can't be resolved. I am truly sorry it was never my intention to upset anyone or accuse anyone of certain things it was more my resolve to get things sorted & move on.

BRFCRULE1

Not really the sort of stuff that should be posted on the site I'd wager, mud sticks and now the AG is having to defend itself again because of this allegation?

I'd delete the comments and take this to PM, then again what do I know....

Don't worry, if the turn out is very poor, then i'm sure it will just be kevin Gallagher that organised it :P

You are a first class cock :tu:

sorry it was never my intention to upset anyone I have removed the post now as GAV states not really something that should be put out on a public forum.

I thought you were supposed to be taking a long rest from this site? I know you later stated that you reserved the right to post if something new came up but you being called a c**k is NOT NEWS!

I thought you were supposed to be taking a long rest from this site? I know you later stated that you reserved the right to post if something new came up but you being called a c**k is NOT NEWS!

Why are you having a go at Brfcrule1 47er? I don't believe he has posted anything that could upset anyone. Reasoned debate seems to be fast disappearing from this messageboard.

All corporate tickets sold , match tickets on sale up until ko

The supporters team has secured 2 managers tonight , find out who at Ewood Tomorrow .

Danny the Derian House mascot will be at the game tomorrow entertaining the younger ones pre match , whilst at 19.05 a 15 minute video will be shown with some historical moments in our great clubs history .

There is also a great tribute to Jack Walker as part of the film .

Half time entertainment is arranged whilst parking is free at the ground on a first come first served basis .

The concourse will be selling the usual beverages and the weather is forecasting a scorcher of a day tomorrow.

The legends are fired up and Tugay is very emotional about his return , he will play the full ninety .

A big thank you to the BBC's Richard Askam who will be the man on the mic covering the match and also the legends party host .

BRFCS media team will also be in attendance and they have something special planned which I will let them explain

Thank you to everyone who has supported this event and hope you fully enjoy a great evening

Archived