BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Legends match

Nice one Glen.

Got 4 more tickets today and it seemed like they were pretty close to selling out the allocation. Obviously there'll only be one corner of the ground but with us all being close together it should be a party atmosphere.

Hope the weather is like tonight!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice one Glen.

Got 4 more tickets today and it seemed like they were pretty close to selling out the allocation. Obviously there'll only be one corner of the ground but with us all being close together it should be a party atmosphere.

Hope the weather is like tonight!

Other areas are being opened now as that is at capacity . Expecting quite a few walk ons

We've promised we won't tell what we've got planned for tomorrow until the day and we're still not 100% we can pull it off, but if you can't make it down to the game for whatever reason tomorrow, it's going to very much be worth checking out the website instead.

We've promised we won't tell what we've got planned for tomorrow until the day and we're still not 100% we can pull it off, but if you can't make it down to the game for whatever reason tomorrow, it's going to very much be worth checking out the website instead.

Steve Kean and Jerome Anderson in the stocks for the half-time entertainment, and enough rotten fruit to shake a stick at?

I think I can guess. Fair play to you all if I'm right. :tu:

I hope he's not promised too much, because I've only just got in from work (with more yet to do) and I haven't quiet got everything in place yet (close, but not quite), so if it doesn't happen, blame Kamy for getting your hopes up :)

With that it mind, if anyone has a dv camcorder capable of streaming over USB at 480p (i.e. a cheap consumer one, but better than a webcam), that we can borrow for a few hours tomorrow then do let me know (it'll save me going shopping tomorrow), I may be able to offer something rather special in return :)

What an excellent evening I've just had. Tugay within arms reach and everyone cheering the Rovers team to a man, including Hendry.

Credos to those who put this together, I nearly cried st the end when Tugs touched his badge ad he walked off to thunderous applause.

Damn that predictive text!

Gonna have to post, not been long home and i am honoured, humbled and proud to be associated with such a fantastic event.

The attendance was just short of 2,500 and was a thoroughly enjoyable evening for all who attended. I've barely slept this week, putting too much into the final details of the event, however i can't pretend to have done this alone, the BRFC Action Group is fortunate enough to have a dedicated, hard working committee, Blackburn Rovers is fortunate enough to have some caring and fantastic staff and we are together fortunate enough to have a truly outstanding venue in Ewood Park.

I wanna do a few thank you's, whilst this was a BRFC Action Group event and every last detail was in our minds and hands, we've had the full support of the club's staff in making it happen. In a time when there is much negativity around the club, it's refreshing to be able to say that there are people there who do care....and I wanna thank in particular Jennifer Whalley the commercial secretary who has been at the other end of the phone on a daily basis, resolving any issues which may arise and ensuring our needs have been met. I want to thank Pras Murukesvan and Greg Coar of the marketing department who's expertise and eye for detail have been commendable. I'd like to thank Elaine Whittingham for being a breath of fresh air at the club, not only in this event but in general. Special thanks must got to Stuart Caley and Dave Beresford and their team, whilst at times it may appear they are playing hardball, are only covering all eventualities and ensuring everything meets all requirements, tonight they where both fantastic. I could thank many, even to the steward at Brockhall, only known as 'Alan' whom give up a Saturday with his family, to ensure the supporters team had the opportunity to meet each other and train together on a fantastic facility.

My praise for Northcote at the Rovers would be never ending, they have an exceptional team, and to work with them on this event has been trouble free and enjoyable, Special thanks there must go to Claire and Donna whom have both gone above and beyond their duty and acknowledged that this isn't our bag and we needed support, i cannot begin to thank them both enough, and praise the pair of them for their professionalism, attitude and ability to do their jobs.

Alan and Neil Yardley at Creatv for organising the Big Screen and the Sound system at Ewood Tonight, again went through every detail with us, and constantly ensured our wishes were met and done so realistically, they have both been great and ensured the events requirements where provided. To Andy Neil, Chairman of the Fans Forum, aka Fernhurst Rover on this site, for the team sheets provided, massively appreciated.

Every single player who played tonight for the supporters team, you did yourselves proud, you did the event proud and you did the occasion proud. An absolute credit, and i couldn't and wouldn't choose another 16 players, we had a perfect 16.

To the Event Sponsors Heritage Envelopes and Cardboard Box Company, to the Match Sponsor Haywood & Jackson, to the Ball Sponsor, the Blackburn Rovers 100 club, to the shirt Sponsors Log Fire, Stove and Flues and Derian House, your support for the event is appreciated and i can't thank each of you enough.

The late stand in physio, Christos Christofides, to Christine Hunter and her team at The National Therapy Room, the majorettes, the ball boys, many people have helped us to make this event a massive success. To Richard Askam of the BBC for being the compere and doing so magnificently, To BRFCS, who worked throughout the evening in difficult circumstances to try and allow supporters far and wide to be part of the event, this website does a sterling job and has been doing, for more years than i care to, or possibly could remember, Glenn and Ste have a built a great community here, and together with Josh, Kamy and the lads can be proud of what it has become and continues to grow into.

I have to thank Kevin Gallacher and Ken Beamish of the Former Players Association, who have not only listened to the wider supporter base' opinions in putting together a team, but have acted commendably in a cause they believe deeply in, and have put many many hours into putting together a team which, believe me, was at times an uphill struggle, but their unwavering determination kept them going and tonight the fruits of their labour were on show and everyone present both enjoyed and appreciated that.

My special thanks go to not only my fellow committee members, but my friends. When i embarked on this journey, in September 2011, i felt voiceless, ashamed and angry at the football club i support and upon realising others where feeling the same way, I wrestled with myself until an hour before the organised protest, before finally deciding to get up and do something, as in my mind doing nothing was no longer an option. It was after this march that i began speaking to Glen, a lad i had never ever met before, yes i'd heard of him and knew of him, but i'd never spoken to him, however after doing so, gradually more and more, his attitude, his beliefs and his vision was something i recognised within myself and i knew that this vision needed support, and ever since, he has had my unwavering support. Yes we debate, yes we disagree and yes we argue, but we listen to each other and we bounce off each other and he's become like a brother to me. The work he puts into the group, into the cause and into the football club is admirable and without his vision, drive, commitment and support then i don't know if i'd be writing this post, so special thanks go to him for all he has done and continues to do for the group and the club.

Since the group was formed, it's listened to its wider range of members, to supporters and it has acknowledged that yes things aren't good, things do need to change, but what we do have at Blackburn Rovers is something to be proud of! A club to be proud of, facilities to be proud of and a history and heritage to cherish and celebrate, tonight was to do just that, I'd like to think that tonight the BRFC Action Group has proved beyond any doubt that it isn't the 'protest group' it's often branded to be, and that it is now firmly a supporters group and the event tonight is just the beginning of many more events like it, the group has listened and adapted and for that i would like to thank and sing the praises of not only Glen, but to Paul Keogh and Phil Thompson who's work and commitment to the group, club and supporters has been unquestionable and above that of any supporters duty, thanks also go to Graham Reid and Andy Woods who have helped reshape the group into what it has become today, and the evidence of what it has become, was firmly on show tonight.

However whilst we organised a great event tonight, many people helped to make this event a massive success and I know i've no doubt forgotten people in this post, but i just wanted to write and point out that the commitment of many, when pooled together can yield massive successes, tonight Blackburn Rovers supporters had a great night, they remembered and celebrated good times, good times that a couple of decades ago where unimaginable, the present is what it is, but we have a great history, and more importantly we have a future which is yet to play out,

We're all Blackburn Rovers and that is the one thing we must always feel with pride.

Most touching and yet funny part of the night was after the final whistle Tugay went over and clapped and waved to an empty Blackburn end. He loves this club.

This was an unofficial Tugay testimonial and he was at the centre of everything. Don't get me wrong, he was blowing after half an hour but it was definitely his night. (Oh and that Paul bloke's too who scored for the supporters - best goal of the night).

Well done everyone, it was a fantastic night. Everyone who attended and those who organised it can be proud of a job well done.

Would like to add my thanks to Glen and Mark for sorting out our all area access, it is really appreciated. Also thanks to Rovers staff, particulary Stuart Caley and Alan Yardley who helped with the setup. Of course also thanks to Josh, Anna, Ste, Glen and Tom for trying to get some sort of broadcast out in difficult circumstances due to the poor wifi signal.

The highlight of the evening for me was Tugay arriving at the ground, he was straight out onto the pitch and using his panaramic feature on his hi tech phone (i thought that it was unique on his phone, I didn't have the heart to tell him we all have those kinda phones now) to take a picture of the whole ground. He was genuinely chuffed to bits to be back at Ewood and clearly loves the club.

All in all a great night, well done again to all involved in organising and for fantastic to meet so many people off here and twitter.

It was a fantastic night and well done to the AG for organising it.

The legends were fantastic, it was like the good old days with Newell and Gallacher missing a few sitters, big Col with his no nonsense defending and crunching challenges but the star of the show was Tugay. He was fantastic, funny, entertaining and as always brilliant on the ball.

Big thank you to everyone who helped and shared this event last night , there was a real community spirit around the place and talking to the legends they were so pleased to be back .

History from record appearance holder Faz to record goal scorer Garner , with a sprinkle of Tugay brilliance , to the steel of Hendry and Short .

Thought the BRFCS team were great up and down the tunnel getting some good interviews and doing their upmost to try and beam the event to those who could not attend .

So many people to thank but I think Mark summarised it perfectly .

Hope everyone took some nice memories away and have a great summer

Thank you to the players and everyone who organised last night's match.

Honestly had the best time watching those blue and white halves than I have since Venky's took over.

Was nice to finally go to Ewood with a positive atmosphere rather than a negative one.

Also, will someone sign the supporters goalkeeper? He was immense!

Archived