BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad for next season

Sando is looking like a great prospect. More confidence in him than Jake Kean. A real presence!! Kean cuts a forlorn figure at times-still like the lad, don't get me wrong! Todd Kane's looking awesome too.

If we stay up should we not be looking getting these two boys in?

What starting 11 would you like to see and where should we strengthen?

Sando

(Left back)

Dann

(Imposing centre half- shitttu)

Kane

Olsson

King

Williamson

(Dynamic centre mid)

Best

Rhodes (quick striker if Rhodes leaves)

Out: Robbo, Givet, Pedersen, murphy, Olsson, Etuhu (might be worth giving him another chance), kazim. Huge savings there!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about starting XI, but if we can get a squad of....

Sandomierski, Kean, Usai

Kane, Henley, Dann, Hanley, centre back, centre back, Martin O, Morris

King, right winger, Lowe, Williamson, Dunn, Etuhu, central midfielder, Jones, left winger, Markus

Rhodes, Forrester, Best, new striker, new striker

That means a lot going out if possible...

Robinson, Orr, Givet, Henrique, Nunes, Pedersen, Murphy, Gomes, Goodwillie and loanees.

I'd like us to look into League One for the best talent down there. Williamson and Rhodes have proven two of our better signings this year and came from there.

Matt Ritchie (winger from Bournemouth) would be an excellent addition, he'd be top of my list. Madden from Yeovil has hit 23 goals to be 4 clear at the top of the charts. Surely could score goals at this level as well. If Hull don't want to keep George Boyd then we should be all over that.

No overpaid ex-PL players with no desire this summer. Get hungry players in eager to prove themselves.

If the club wasn't downsized, eyebrows would be raised. The clubs wage structure needs addressing. The fat needs trimming. The concern this season has been that the owners haven't downsized and gambled a lot. Surely if they start sorting things out this should be a good thing!?

Any further downsizing will only impact on our ability to challenge at the top end in this league imo.

I think he might downsizing in squad size. He's totally correct on that, we have far too many players on the books at the moment.

Sandomierski; Henley, Dann, Hanley, Martin; King, Williamson, Lowe, Jones; Rhodes, Best

Kean; Kane, Henrique, Givet, Markus; Bentley, Dunn, Murphy, Pedersen; Gomes, Kazim-Richards

Robinson; Orr, Etuhu, Rekik, Morris; Stewart, Hanley, Fernandez, Nunes; Goodwillie, Forrester

Ok I've had to use a couple of fringe first teamers in that third team, but that's absolutely insane. That's three whole teams there! We need to ship out a lot more than we bring in this summer.

Seven are loans and Dunn's out of contract in the summer, so that's's eight gone straight away, not such a large squad when you deduct that lot.

But Rochina, Formica, Jorge, Edinho, Ribeiro, Lingazi, Slew, and Rosado will all return. So that's eight back straight away. I'd happily put money on Dunn signing a one year extension as well.

Kean; Henley, Dann, Hanley, Martin; King, Williamson, Lowe, Rochina; Rhodes, Best

Robinson; Ribeiro, Henrique, Givet, Markus; Formica, Jorge, Murphy, Pedersen; Gomes, Goodwillie

Usai; Orr, Etuhu, Edwards, Morris; Rosado, Linganzi, Hanley, Nunes; Edinho, Forrester

With or without Dunn it's still ridiculous, no manager can have a settled group with that amount of players. You can't keep that number of players happy. Although to be fair, getting rid of the Portuguese lot and turning Rochina/Formica into permanent deals would go a long way to solving it.

Sandomierski is only on loan. Given his recent form, there's no way we'll be able to sign him full time.

You can guarantee that other clubs will be monitoring things and I wouldn't blame him for jumping ship.

But Rochina, Formica, Jorge, Edinho, Ribeiro, Lingazi, Slew, and Rosado will all return. So that's eight back straight away. I'd happily put money on Dunn signing a one year extension as well.

Kean; Henley, Dann, Hanley, Martin; King, Williamson, Lowe, Rochina; Rhodes, Best

Robinson; Ribeiro, Henrique, Givet, Markus; Formica, Jorge, Murphy, Pedersen; Gomes, Goodwillie

Usai; Orr, Etuhu, Edwards, Morris; Rosado, Linganzi, Hanley, Nunes; Edinho, Forrester

With or without Dunn it's still ridiculous, no manager can have a settled group with that amount of players. You can't keep that number of players happy. Although to be fair, getting rid of the Portuguese lot and turning Rochina/Formica into permanent deals would go a long way to solving it.

Fair point... And yeah I agree.

Goalkeepers:

Kean

New/Sandomierski

Usai

Right backs:

Henley

Orr

Centre backs:

Dann

Givet

Hanley

Edwards

Left Backs:

New

New

Central Midfield:

Jones

Williamson

Dunn

New

New

Wingers:

King

New

New

Martin Olsson/New

Forwards:

Rhodes

Rochina

Best

Goodwillie

Gomes

The most likely players that will be sellable IMO are Formica, Martin Olsson if he wants out and Lowe. I assume we will need to keep hold of at least a couple of the big earners.

• Backroom

Linganzi is a free agent and I doubt the likes of Bruno will return

interesting views , i was going to post a similar thread on the "loanees" .... any of them worth keeping? , but to be honest i've lost track of who's actually on loan here and who have signed permanently

what is for certain is the squad is huge and many players will have to leave

Linganzi is a free agent and I doubt the likes of Bruno will return

Didn't realise Linganzi was free, that'll help a little. Still seven loaness returning though. Bruno still has a year on his contract so we'd have to find a home for him somewhere.

interesting views , i was going to post a similar thread on the "loanees" .... any of them worth keeping? , but to be honest i've lost track of who's actually on loan here and who have signed permanently

what is for certain is the squad is huge and many players will have to leave

Sandomierski, Jones and Kane are probably the only ones. I like Kazim-Richards but he's not consistent enough to justify the wages he would require. No need for Bentley, Stewart or Rekik.

i thought Kaz and Sandomerski have clauses and agree fee in the loan deals that we can make permanent in we want to.

Jones and Bentley are both out of contracts in the summer.

Hopefully Rovers can get Kane on 12 months loan deal in the summer.

Do people realise this isn't football manager?

There's no point just saying "sell xxxxxx, xxxxxx and xxxxxx". Nobody will match Etuhu's wages, so he won't leave. Nobody will match MGPS wage, so he won't leave. Murphy is a different one. He obviously doesn't like it here, and nobody really likes it here. Will he move as a player? No, probably not. Will he go back to Fulham as a coach? Maybe.

None of the Portuguese will leave apart from potentially Nunes if we pushed him. Gomes potentially although I can't see him leaving with the money he's on. The likes of henrique and edinho will be on decent money and won't leave for less. That's if we can convince anyone they're any good.

I don't know robinsons contract situation, is he out of contract at the end of this year? If he is, he will move on. But, like west ham said in January, if we want to ship him out on a free and he does have a contract, we will have to contribute to his wages.

Markus Olsson, probably not on a lot of money, but we would still need to find a buyer. How possible is that? I'm not sure.

Do people realise this isn't football manager?

There's no point just saying "sell xxxxxx, xxxxxx and xxxxxx". Nobody will match Etuhu's wages, so he won't leave. Nobody will match MGPS wage, so he won't leave. Murphy is a different one. He obviously doesn't like it here, and nobody really likes it here. Will he move as a player? No, probably not. Will he go back to Fulham as a coach? Maybe.

None of the Portuguese will leave apart from potentially Nunes if we pushed him. Gomes potentially although I can't see him leaving with the money he's on. The likes of henrique and edinho will be on decent money and won't leave for less. That's if we can convince anyone they're any good.

I don't know robinsons contract situation, is he out of contract at the end of this year? If he is, he will move on. But, like west ham said in January, if we want to ship him out on a free and he does have a contract, we will have to contribute to his wages.

Markus Olsson, probably not on a lot of money, but we would still need to find a buyer. How possible is that? I'm not sure.

Agree that it's pointless being that specific, but if a club wants rid of a player that badly more often than not they go. Obviously nobody will be as daft as us offering 30k a week to Etuhu/Murphy, which means it's a possibility we might have to slip them a few more quid as a sweetener

Archived