BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad for next season

Do people realise this isn't football manager?

There's no point just saying "sell xxxxxx, xxxxxx and xxxxxx". Nobody will match Etuhu's wages, so he won't leave. Nobody will match MGPS wage, so he won't leave. Murphy is a different one. He obviously doesn't like it here, and nobody really likes it here. Will he move as a player? No, probably not. Will he go back to Fulham as a coach? Maybe.

None of the Portuguese will leave apart from potentially Nunes if we pushed him. Gomes potentially although I can't see him leaving with the money he's on. The likes of henrique and edinho will be on decent money and won't leave for less. That's if we can convince anyone they're any good.

I don't know robinsons contract situation, is he out of contract at the end of this year? If he is, he will move on. But, like west ham said in January, if we want to ship him out on a free and he does have a contract, we will have to contribute to his wages.

Markus Olsson, probably not on a lot of money, but we would still need to find a buyer. How possible is that? I'm not sure.

Agree JB- i think some of these proposals might need to be multiplied by ten.This is going to be a closing down sale with everybody who can raise a few quid sold and any body we can offload, offloaded

Be like watching Blackburn Schoolboys

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This website has a Rovers team for next season as of today.

That is with no signings, no sellings, no transfer at all. Just the team that we would have if there was no activity in the summer.

There are some reserve players missing, Forrester, for example.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/blackburn-rovers/kader-zunkunft/verein_164.html

They also have a list of players that are ending their contract this season. I have no idea if it is real or not.

This is going to be a closing down sale with everybody who can raise a few quid sold and any body we can offload, offloaded

Going to be very interesting isn't it to see what happens with funding close season...has all the 3 season parachute money been gambled with or will the Rao's back us with some of their own hard cash?

I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

must sign David Jones and Sandomerski permanent for next season. plus get Kane sign on loan for all of next season.

plus sign a winger with pace like Michail Antonio from Sheffield Wednesday

Some really good terrible suggestions there.

Jones is just about good enough to keep us up, which was sadly our aim when we brought him in. Sand isn't better than Kean, therefore we don't want him. Antonio from Sheff weds, although I know you're not saying him specifically, he is crap.

What we need is a whole new midfield, simple as that, I'm not to worried about other positions. If we brought in 4 midfielders in the summer, I believe we could give it a real go next season.

Getting Robinson, Givet, Dunn and especially Murphy off the wage bill would be a very good thing. I would bet we spend more than 100,000/week in wages between the four of them.

The only ones I'd have some regret at going are Dunn and Givet, but Dunn is not up for an entire season of full matches any longer and Givet appears to become moodier as time goes on, making him less reliable and less likely to put in a "warrior"-like performance. Best to call it a day with what is left of their reputations intact.

Robinson seemed to have let his fitness go even before his injury, while I've very little positive to say about Murphy (and suspect he bears some responsibility for player unrest, whatever that maybe).

Jones is a very good championship midfielder and will do the job in there.

Sandomerski will be number 2 to Kean.

Antonio is decent at this level. and would add to the squad.

we need rid Robinson, Murphy and Etuhu plus Pedersen and Kaz to go back to Gala this season.

Gomes to go.

would Dunn a new contract on pay as you play deal

My fear is that we will need to sell anyone half decent to pay the wages and get stuck with the worthless high earners because no one in their right mind would want to take them off our hands. That would mean a weaker squad with more loaners coming in on the cheap. Depends if Venky's are prepared to bankroll a proper clear out but I can't see them doing that.

You've read my question wrong. Jones, Kane and Sandomerski aren't our players. They're on loan. Therefore nobody is going to snap them up from us, as they aren't ours to snap up.

I'm referring to you suggesting we just "sell" murphy, Etuhu, Robinson, Pedersen (NOTE: These are in fact the useless/old players I was talking about, still with me?)

So the question again, who is going to snap up our useless/old players?

Robinson and Pedersen will find clubs.

Robinson to Fulham who are after a keeper to challenge Schawzer next season.

maybe Pedersen will find a club in europe.

Murphy is the biggest problem. maybe a club will offer him a manager job this summer. we can only hope.

You've read my question wrong. Jones, Kane and Sandomerski aren't our players. They're on loan. Therefore nobody is going to snap them up from us, as they aren't ours to snap up.

I'm referring to you suggesting we just "sell" murphy, Etuhu, Robinson, Pedersen (NOTE: These are in fact the useless/old players I was talking about, still with me?)

So the question again, who is going to snap up our useless/old players?

Etuhu and Pedersen I don't know but Murphy and Robinson are out of contract in the summer

Most transfer market websites show Murphy as being out of contract this season. Most reports on here is that he got a two year deal. What accounts for the difference? Perhaps he get a year deal with an option to extend another? That might account for it, but it begs the question of who gets to exercise the option, Murphy or the Rovers.

On an alleged 2 million a month shortfall, getting rid of Murphy, Robinson, Dunn and Givet should close the gap a good bit (maybe a 500,000/month combined?). Though like others have said, if Dunn would stay on a paid if played contract that would be beneficial to the club (and perhaps Dunn).

If we could also off-load MGP and Etuhu, then we'd be even closer to balance and I don't think squad performance would be adversely effected all that much.

I would like that winger from Bristol City, Albert something :wacko:

Albert Adoma. They got him from Barnet. Holloway wanted him at Blackpool but Bristol City offered better wages apparently. Really good player, very quick direct right winger. Would be an excellent signing and i think he's out of contract this summer.

The fact they got him from Barnet proves there is talent in the lower leagues. Better to go down the route of young hungry players than has-beens who can't be arsed like Murphy and Etuhu.

I think we must look for young hungry players, not old premier league players who just want to collect money , like Murphy,Etuhu,Best

i agree.

thats what Cardiff did. Cowie, Conway, Gunarrson, etc arent world class players but will work hard for the team and have experience in the championship

Albert Adoma. They got him from Barnet. Holloway wanted him at Blackpool but Bristol City offered better wages apparently. Really good player, very quick direct right winger. Would be an excellent signing and i think he's out of contract this summer.

The fact they got him from Barnet proves there is talent in the lower leagues. Better to go down the route of young hungry players than has-beens who can't be arsed like Murphy and Etuhu.

Has always looked good when I've seen him but they recently dropped him for not tracking back/being lazy.

I think Etuhu should be given a 2nd chance next season if he cant be offloaded easily(ie.without having to pay him off), he looked decent in the opening games and I think would do well as an anchor/hatchet man under a good manager(!) in a well organised midfield.

If Bowyer gets the job (which he will), I think we'll see a lot of young lads come in. He must've seen a dozen or more he'd have played against who he'd fancy. Sadly youth doesnt seem the way to go in this division.

Jones would be a good signing. I also agree that the lad from Bristol City would be good. I also really like carayol at boro but doubt he's available. Is Billy Sharp still on loan? He'd be a good signing. I actually agree with Chaddy. Antonio is a decent player. Did wonders at Southampton. I'd also look at Peterboroughs Dwight Gale and Millwalls James Henry.

Archived