BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Squad for next season

Isn't David Jones club contract up this year, though he's a very good player at this level id only like to see him signed if he was offered a good championship level players salary with a promotion bonus.

yeah, end of the season.

Billy Sharp is for sale from Southampton in the summer

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

King has got potential but I'm not sure you can teach composure and he has none. I hope he can develop his game in the near future. But I think he's got a good way to go before he tears up the championship.

he has been good for Norway as a striker, as a winger , pace isnt enough. with a striker with pace you can force the other team to drop deeper in the field

For me surely the sensible way to approach next season would to set a strategy and game plan for the season and select players and team squad that fits with the gameplan. Objective should be to formulate a team and balanced squad.

Then ideally you get rid of those that don't fit, keep those that do and look to recruit to fill the gaps.

Unfortunately somebody needs to be capable of setting a strategy and the creation of a team.

I disagree with looking at what we've got and looking to make the best of a bad job in attempting to work round them.

We need to start from scratch and if a current player fits great, if he doesn't goodbye. There is also no time for sentiment.

There's very few I would keep, but to begin with I would get rid of Murphy, Pedersen, Goodwillie, Orr and all of the Portugese players apart from Nunes who I think is a good prospect. Robinson will released or sold as will Givet too probably (though I'd like to keep him). Kazim Richards, Bentley, Rekik and Jones will all be sent back to their clubs. Sandomierski will return to Belgium. Formica will most likely be sold. Markus Olsson should be let go as he isn't good enough. Ruben Rochina's future is very much undecided. I'm sure the club will listen to offers for Etuhu.

This is the type of clear out we need to cleanse ourselves of the total dross that has been assembled over the past few years.

For me surely the sensible way to approach next season would to set a strategy and game plan for the season and select players and team squad that fits with the gameplan. Objective should be to formulate a team and balanced squad.

There is also no time for sentiment.

Couldn't agree more! We desperatly need a man in charge that has an idea about how he wants his team to play and what kind of players he would need for different positions. Much like Souness and Hughes. Problem is that Shagnew, Singh and Venkys they will probably just look at who has the highest average score in your newspaper of choice (chosen by a "good friend") or just let Singh loose on Football Manager '13.

Oh...and we really need to get rid of most of our squad as there is an inherent loser-mentality that often follows relegated teams that doesn't change things up when they go down (just look at Wolves and Rovers this season...). I'd rather have a squad mainly built of hungry youngsters than this one where I suspect a lot of the "old ones" go around reminiscing about how good things used to be.

This side needs wholesale changes but in reality we may have to want.I hope I'm wrong but I see nothing but cutbacks next season on all fronts.

That and we are a little bit restricted on what we can do in terms of offloading dross due to large wages. I can see the likes of Pedersen, Murphy and Etuhu costing Rovers money either still being at the club or going out on loan and Rovers still paying those wages. On some of these players we might have to wait until their contracts run down before we can move on.

• Backroom

Todd Kane has just signed a new deal at Chelsea sadly ruining our hopes that they hadn't noticed that he's actually really good

Another year here wouldn't surprise me though

Keep:-

Rhodes, Goodwillie, Best, Jones, Williamson, Lowe, Josh King, Dann, Hanley, Henley, Marcus Olsson, Kean, Sado. I would give Rochina another crack if he will come back (probably won't).

Okayish basis for a squad. Then I would go out and sign a ton of promising loanees and maybe - if we have any cash - spend a bit of money on a decent right winger, a centre back, and an attacking midfielder.

Are posts like that hunches Chaddy or do you have a valid reason to believe that? I never know with you tbh.

just a guess.

dont think he started last couple of games at his loan club. cant see his loan club buying him

Plus from Kamy said on the podcast after he went out on loan that Rochina really enjoy life at Ewood.

I always used to think he was Nixon in disguise.

Nixon is a goodish rovers source for info just like Glen Mullan and Kamy are aswell.

• Backroom

One of Rovers players that everybody wants out has played for Portugal under 19 team again today.

Edinho must be making quite an impact in India lol

Or it is just a proof that the portuguese players are really bad lol

Literally one of the worst players I have ever seen in a first team game

He may improve but he looked like a lost child

Archived