BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would you be in favour of dropping the Blue & White Halves?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In light of the Cardiff promotion. Have they not just sold their souls to the devil?

Go straight to hell boy with the title of this thread.

What on earth do you think makes Blackburn Rovers stand out from the rest of the footballing crowd FFS !

Seems redbull do what ever they want, when I went to watch us play Salzburg a few of the locals were telling me that redbull have ripped the entire identity out of the club by giving them a new name new strip and new stadium with laser lights shows throughout the match, the club then became abit of a joke and they started a new club in the bottom tier that gets gates of 7000+ every week.

No, why ruin 125 years of history for 1 promotion.

Watched Cardiff play Forest on TV a couple of weeks back, Cardiff in red and Forest in blue. It felt wrong and i have no affiliation to either.

Our unprecedentedly bad owners?

One day they will go, hopefully, the sooner the better.

Blue and white halved shirts with white shorts is our past, present, and future uniform nothing else to say.

I fancy an indian national flag made into a football shirt.

Or perhaps we could just play in chicken costumes with "Venky's Xpress" stamped on the rear?

Whilst we're here,, renaming the club "Blackburn Rajas", the ground "Anurandha Desai memorial park" and replacing Jack's statue with an animatronic defecating chicken that eats claret feed sounds cool.

Why not go the whole hog. If you're going to beggar about with tradition, stick the boot in,

just a pity its not as it should be.

would rather have it the old way which is more like quarters i guess.

When you read quarters its when the shirt is opened up from one side seam i.e two at the front, two at the back, makes a quarter.

Pune Green Shirts

Pune green shirts? Sorry but this is Blackburn Rovers FC.

There are generally no guarantees that even with big investment you will get promotion or whatever. Why would anyone want to change your strip? Slight changes perhaps but overall the kit needs to remain the same. It's what shows who you are. Guy at Cardiff is lucky his changing strips was the year they DID gt promotion or he could now be facing quie a backlash

If it ended up like Cardiff then yes.

What does heritage do for anyone on a daily basis? Absolutely nothing, it's just a good excuse for not bothering to move forward.

It was all down to changing the kit from blue to red and changing the badge to a Welsh dragon then was it?...

Despite the success, Cardiff fans are furious about the changes and it wouldn't be a surprise if Vincent Tan turned turtle on the subject.

Rovers brand of blue and white halves and being a founder member of the football league is known the world over. It's our identity.

A resounding no from me.

Don't worry Stu .... tempted though I am ... I'll resist!

Go for it. I know you like your rugby. ;)

Besides, Rovers first kit was all white shirts, albeit briefly.

Apart from that, I'm compelled not to be too dismissive of the idea. My gut feeling though is that, as long as we are Blackburn Rovers, we should remain in the iconic blue and white halves/quarters. We are unique in this country for that design. Bristol Rovers will probably feel similarly.

The difference with Cardiff is that teams with all blue shirts are ten a penny. Even though they are known as the bluebirds.

I'd be less precious about the stadium naming rights if it were a fundraising issue. That's the only reason to change it after all. If we had to lose the shirt colours or become extinct then you'd have to say do it.

I presume you would rather the club die than change the stripe though, ES? Ironic, eh?

It was all down to changing the kit from blue to red and changing the badge to a Welsh dragon then was it?...

Owner changed shirt colour then bank rolled a surge to the PL. If he hadnt been able to change it would he have retained the interest to do that? Don't know, maybe not.

Archived