BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would you be in favour of dropping the Blue & White Halves?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, you think the current Cardiff owners are worse than the Raos?

Give it time. They've got £60m now. Anything could happen.

Do you think changing their colours has helped in anyway? Maybe their thinking is if they wear red, play in the Capital and call themselves Dragons they'll become the 'go to team' of Wales.

I hope Swansea stuff em.

As for our halves. Give over.

Just the socks and shorts then.....not such a big move...I knew he changed something

Ha! He was a canny lad that one Shankly! Must have been the socks rather than his tactics, motivational skills and ruthless determination!

Actually, just checked that again, Shankly did at least 5 years with white socks before switching to red. You might have a point there.

Ha! He was a canny lad that one Shankly! Must have been the socks rather than his tactics, motivational skills and ruthless determination!

Actually, just checked that again, Shankly did at least 5 years with white socks before switching to red. You might have a point there.

So, in a way..didn't he and the Cardiff owners change the kit for the same reasons....their belief that red would give them an edge?

So, in a way..didn't he and the Cardiff owners change the kit for the same reasons....their belief that red would give them an edge?

Is that the reason why he left Preston then? Their loss. Makes you think why they all teams don't wear red.

Then there was City last year, Chelsea muddle through, 95, 02. Real Madrid, Barca. It's an unmitigated disaster generally.

I haven't turned my back on Rovers (yet) - even with this lot as owners - yet I think a change of colours and/or strip would probably force me to say goodbye. The beloved blue and white halves are unique and identify us as a club, and to change them would be unforgivable.

Is that the reason why he left Preston then? Their loss. Makes you think why they all teams don't wear red.

Then there was City last year, Chelsea muddle through, 95, 02. Real Madrid, Barca. It's an unmitigated disaster generally.

Come on now Bob everyone knows those clubs insist on their players wearing red boxers underneath.

The only reason we won the league was the red Mcewans writing on our shirt being introduced! just look what happened once we got rid of it!

The power of red should not be underestimated!

Anyway don't we play in the Red rose county? Red wouldn't take us too far away from our heritage?

It's all about Red Bob, embrace it!!!!!!!

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/history/historical-lfc-kits

He always looked old, but he wasn't that old was he?

Mind you..... I did prefer their first kit!

Maybe they changed it out of respect to us?

I was thinking maybe we let them have our hand-me-downs to get started. Just think we may have invented Liverpool FC...

If they can be called Cardiff Dragons and play in a different strip why not move them to somewhere else entirely. Cardiff are now a joke club.

They are a joke club that has just picked up a guaranteed £100m. If someone has enough money to buy a football club he can legally do what the hell likes with it. Morally it might be wrong but who cares about morals in the Premier League?

Anyway soon as he's @#/? off they can change back can't they?

btw Hypothetical question.......... How would anyone have felt if Jack Walker had decided in late May 1995 to change us to black and white stripes following successful but intense contract negotiations with Alan Shearer? ^_^

• Moderation Lead

Not a serious question surely? (And I'm a Bolton fan!)

Never, ever, drop the blue and white halves.

Haha, I also hope not. I think it was in relation to Cardiff's decision to switch colours (as per the OP).

Well changing our colours isn't going to change that that's for sure.

Whole thread is nonsensical.

"If a mystery benefactor were to take over the club and spent tens of millions, but only on the proviso that the kit changed to claret and blue, would you accept it?"

It's hardly happening every week in English football, is it? Just these Malaysian characters who've done it, plenty of other foreign owners have the nous not to mess with such things.

It's like saying: "If I promised to give you a million quid, but only on the proviso that you severed your penis with a rusty hacksaw and put it in the garbage disposal, would you do it?"

It's not happening every week, no. It has happened once, and within a year the team concerned are in the Premier League for the first time in their history.

As success rates go, that's pretty high.

No offence but bollux! Our colours are unique to English football,end of.

New owner comes in and establishes us as a Top Four side, all without the blue n' white halves.

Do you think attendances will suffer or not?

Archived