BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would you be in favour of dropping the Blue & White Halves?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New owner comes in and establishes us as a Top Four side, all without the blue n' white halves.

Do you think attendances will suffer or not?

It's so hypothetical it's untrue. There is no way any any new owner would come in to Rovers and offer to take us to the stars - but only if we change our kits.

There's the (still unrealistic) possibility that as Rovers dies an owner could come in and offer to save the club from extinction but only if they change their iconic blue and white halves. However, why would anyone bother to do that? Only a fan would want to take on a Rovers club on its knees and a fan would want to keep the traditional kit.

It's so hypothetical it's untrue. There is no way any any new owner would come in to Rovers and offer to take us to the stars - but only if we change our kits.

I'm just indulging the topic, here. I'll tone it down then, a new owner comes in and gets us back to the PL.

Would attendances rise or fall?

The Blackburn halves are great. Its normal these days for clubs to change colours and combinations but I like how Blackburn stick to tradition.

Though, with tradition in mind, in hindsight did Jack Walker make a mistake to redeveloping Ewood rather than building a new stadium? I'm not sure how close Blackburn were to making that kind of decision but an interesting debate, none the less.

I'm just indulging the topic, here. I'll tone it down then, a new owner comes in and gets us back to the PL.

Would attendances rise or fall?

So you are not talking about the kits.

Ok, attendances would rise, not sure by how many though. The fans who don't want to "line Venkys pockets" would be back (assuming they did want to line the pockets of their successors). Plus, depending on the price, the plastic PL junkies would be back.

• 3 weeks later...

I fancy an indian national flag made into a football shirt.

Or perhaps we could just play in chicken costumes with "Venky's Xpress" stamped on the rear?

Whilst we're here,, renaming the club "Blackburn Rajas", the ground "Anurandha Desai memorial park" and replacing Jack's statue with an animatronic defecating chicken that eats claret feed sounds cool.

Why not go the whole hog. If you're going to beggar about with tradition, stick the boot in,

To think I had completely dismissed this thread..You left out the gold statue of Balaji (plus ponytail) with Michael Jackson and a child!

Archived