BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers away at Millwall in the Championship, 23rd April.

That's a massive 3 points away from home – against arguably our bogey team this season.

I'd say we're safe now but let's now go and beat Palace on Saturday to round things off nicely! That would be some consolation for an utterly shambolic season from start to finish.

COYB!

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a gut feeling. A 3-0 defeat by the Hornets followed by a most unexpected win at the New Den in midweek.

We'll see (as Ally McLeod once said).

I rest my case. :D Don't ask me for the lottery numbers though. I have bitten my nails right down during the second half.

WHOOOHEEEE I think we're safe. :rover:

Excellent result. 3 wins out of last 4, no way would we have got those under Appleton

You wouldn't think so reading this board over the last few weeks. What are we like?

Well done to Gary Bowyer.

Just seen the goals. Loving Williamson picking up the coin, popping it in his socks, and giving the Millwall fan a cheeky thumbs up.

Haha quality from Williamson! Where did you see the goals?

• Backroom

Bit of luck at the right time today but we'll take that gratefully

If we do stay up it shouldn't take away from how awful this team has performed this season but even so its vital for the future of the club that we do so

Scrape through and start again in summer

WHAT A COMEBACK!!!!!!! Cannot believe it!!! Didn't think we'd have the bottle to come back from a goal down. Best 45 mins of the season that second half.

Massive result. If we hadn't of won that we'd have been in big trouble with Dunn, Kazim and Best looking like they are out for the rest of the season.

Pretty much safe now. Didn't think I'd say that this season. What a legend Bowyer is. How has he turned this around in such a short space of time?!

15 Blackburn Rovers 44 14 14 16 53 60 -7 56

16 Burnley 44 14 13 17 58 59 -1 55

17 Blackpool 44 13 16 15 58 60 -2 55

18 Millwall 43 15 10 18 51 60 -9 55

19 Sheffield Wed. 44 15 10 19 51 60 -9 55

20 Huddersfield Town 44 14 12 18 48 70 -22 54

21 Peterborough U 44 14 9 21 63 72 -9 51

22 Wolverhampton Wn 44 14 9 21 54 65 -11 51

23 Barnsley 44 13 12 19 52 68 -16 51

24 Bristol City 44 11 8 25 57 77 -20 41

Bit of luck at the right time today but we'll take that gratefully

If we do stay up it shouldn't take away from how awful this team has performed this season but even so its vital for the future of the club that we do so

Scrape through and start again in summer

Dead right. This particular battle is almost won, now we need to win the war.

Depressed at HT, Ecstatic at FT! Love being a Rover!!!!

They never make it easy for us, I was sure Millwall were going to score in the dying minutes.

All the sweeter that it was a horrible club like Millwall, and Shittu getting sent off after the final whistle just adds insult to injury for them. I guess they'll all be off home to beat their wives up tonight.

Never thought we'd stand a chance, but I'm extremely happy that I was wrong! Like someone else said - feels weird celebrating staying in the Championship, but that's life under the horrific Venky's stewardship for you.

Edit: Also, hats off to Mercerman again! Wouldn't be surprised if he's running the syndicate :P

Edited by Lurid Coat

We have not come from behind and won many games this season at all. Well done boys tonight, sounded like they worked really hard for it second half.. Hopefully Ewood will be rocking on Saturday and we can try and get back to back victories for the second time in a month. COYB!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.