BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers away at Millwall in the Championship, 23rd April.

Massive result. One that may put off possible financial ruin for another year, while these clowns are calling the shots.

And while playing a crap team with shocking players and terrible service. Well done son.

Absolutely, Roy. Rhodes has been incredible. And to think some fans moan about 8m pounds being wasted on him. 8m on Rhodes looks a steal when you think we paid 8m on Scott Dann.

Overjoyed with the result. Win at all costs. 5 live said rovers players were celebrating wildly at the final whistle! Embarrassing but sums most of this rabble up. Staying up by the skin of our teeth is no cause for celebration, their lack of fight, spirit and desire has put us where we are.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like them to appoint Gary Bowyer only because I wouldn't trust them to get another appointment right. At least we know Bowyer has 'something', doesn't bullshit us and has the respect of the players. Also, we shouldn't underestimate the effect of bringing on good, trusted youth players (our academy, not portugese randomers) in this division, which Bowyer has plenty of experience of.

I'd rather that than any of Peter Taylor, Judan Ali or random ex-player anyway.

Good comments. Gary is not an import, he is Rovers through and through. Look at the big names Holloway,McCarthy who haven't delivered on their promise.

The biggest mistake Venkys have made is their criminally neglible choice of advisors which has been single handedly their biggest error. It has cost them financially,it has provided no continuity for the players and everyone from the boardroom to the bootroom have been playing mindgames and musical chairs. They will continue to fail if they continue to run Rovers as a division of Poultry plucking and if they continue to choose untrustworthy,money grabbing bedfellows.

Thank the Lord we have a manager who has managed to get the best out of the players and navigate the off screen drama that is Bollewood. Well done Gary. Lets do Palace and get this season over. Still it could be worse,we could be QPR or Wolves.

I'd like them to appoint Gary Bowyer only because I wouldn't trust them to get another appointment right. At least we know Bowyer has 'something', doesn't bullshit us and has the respect of the players. Also, we shouldn't underestimate the effect of bringing on good, trusted youth players (our academy, not portugese randomers) in this division, which Bowyer has plenty of experience of.

I'd rather that than any of Peter Taylor, Judan Ali or random ex-player anyway.

agree. in bowyer they could possibly have stumbled on the right manager for our club by luck, not design. i wouldn`t complain if he were to start next season in charge.

Well done on the win and we are close to certain survival but.....................

Reading some of the posts on here I am really struggling to come to terms with some of the naive comments. Believe it or not we have already entered a critical period for next season and nothing at all has been done. Who is talking to the out of contract players? Who is deciding who stays and who goes? Who has identified any potential targets? Who is planning pre-season training? Who is planning the friendlies? Who is deciding season ticket prices? Who is targeting potential sponsors? There are lots of other things that should be happening but you can bet your bottom dollar they won't be.

We really need to hit the ground running next season and a good start is imperative. With none of the above being done at the moment I believe we will be in exactly the same position next season where we will be fighting to stay in the league and celebrating a win at the likes of Millwall like we have won the FA Cup.

Well done on the win and we are close to certain survival but.....................

Reading some of the posts on here I am really struggling to come to terms with some of the naive comments. Believe it or not we have already entered a critical period for next season and nothing at all has been done. Who is talking to the out of contract players? Who is deciding who stays and who goes? Who has identified any potential targets? Who is planning pre-season training? Who is planning the friendlies? Who is deciding season ticket prices? Who is targeting potential sponsors? There are lots of other things that should be happening but you can bet your bottom dollar they won't be.

We really need to hit the ground running next season and a good start is imperative. With none of the above being done at the moment I believe we will be in exactly the same position next season where we will be fighting to stay in the league and celebrating a win at the likes of Millwall like we have won the FA Cup.

Absolutely spot on.

Worry not, we have been advised globally that the transition is complete and we are about to move on to phase 2.

You are totally correct Arbitro, btw but perhaps relief rather than euphoria.

That's definitely a 'morning after' post, arbitro.

Don't be too hard on comments from last night, if we can't enjoy/celebrate/release after a victory in that fashion, in the context of our form, and the general gloom of our situation...

...then we may as well pack in football completely.

It's moments like last night that make the pain bearable.

Your post is correct, of course, but this is not the thread for it.

arbitro, do not worry! Shebby Singh, the man who accused Rovers supporters groups of not being able to run a bar, is just sorting out his visa that will allow him back into the country. He should make it back in time for when all this football nonsense has finished. I mean it's hardly important that the "most important man at the club" / global advisor is around at this crucial time of the season.

But he will be back, apparently, and no doubt will take a look at all that "hard work" stuff you mention one afternoon in June.

Reading some of the posts on here I am really struggling to come to terms with some of the naive comments. Believe it or not we have already entered a critical period for next season and nothing at all has been done.

How do you know nothing has been done?

Another case of what you don't know, make up?

` Fair enough, if no one comes in then we're stuck with the clowns and their, at very best, utter negligence.`

exactly, and that being the case, isn`t it then best to hope they can get their act together? what`s so bad about me hoping for that?

I can also hope to spend a night with Jennifer Aniston but I can tell you, just as the prospect of the venkys running it properly, it ain't going to happen. No matter how much I have hope that it will.

Having said that I do admire a rovers fan with hope after all this mine left me about 6 months ago, that after 18 months of thinking it must/will get better. If anything it gets worse

Who would have done it? We haven't got a manager beyond the end of the season and if an outsider comes in he has to start from scratch. There might have been something done but given the track record of the owners and their cohorts I would put my house on no planning whatsoever?

I can give you sn absolute assurance nithing has been done from talking with the players.

Oh apart from our brightest youth prospect being released who happens nit to be represented by he who shoukd not be tantraed.

Well well well, I been so busy I have only just checked on the game. Great result. Breathe a lot easier although not a sigh of relief.

I can give you sn absolute assurance nithing has been done from talking with the players.

Oh apart from our brightest youth prospect being released who happens nit to be represented by he who shoukd not be tantraed.

Who was that then?

Slept somewhat better last night and hopefully can forget about football until the nightmare starts again in August.

Roll on the summer and our glorious boys in white making the convicts chase the ball all over the cricket field.

Absolutely, Roy. Rhodes has been incredible. And to think some fans moan about 8m pounds being wasted on him. 8m on Rhodes looks a steal when you think we paid 8m on Scott Dann.

Where did you get that rubbish from? We paid approx 1.5m for Dann. The 6m deal reported in the press included his wages over the length of the contract. It was reported like that at the request of Birmingham City who didn't want to anger their supporters.

Never thought I'd celebrate survival in the championship, just shows how low this lot have dragged us. You only hear from our 'global advisor' when something briefly goes our way, biggest case of 'Singh when you're winning' I suppose.

What's this 'Roll on summer' ? These drumstick d1kkheads can't be trusted to make a good appointment can they ?

Good comments. Gary is not an import, he is Rovers through and through. Look at the big names Holloway,McCarthy who haven't delivered on their promise.

Got to disagree here. Holloway has kept Palace in around the Playoff places and could still yet get into the Premiership (though I think Watford will). I heard a stat on the radio this morning that Ipswich would be 5th in the Championship based on results since Mick McCarthy joined. I wouldn't class either of the managers you mentioned as failures in their current roles.

As for Bowyer, he's done a brilliant job and has more than likely saved our season but I'd still prefer someone more experienced in permanent. I'd put my house on Venkys/Singh/Shagnew (if still around) to pick an utter failure as manager and I hope Bowyer will still be around to do his Tony Parkes trick when called upon again. Maybe Bowyer would be a safer bet permanently judging by the last few appointments.

Edited by Clitherover

Slept somewhat better last night and hopefully can forget about football until the nightmare starts again in August.

Roll on the summer and our glorious boys in white making the convicts chase the ball all over the cricket field.

Shouldn't you be sticking to just watching East Lancs at Alexandra Meadows or does football and cricket exist under different codes in your world?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.