BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BIGGEST AWAY FOLLOWING EVER AT EWOOD ?

Went to that, but had it in my head it was nearer 7000. Was near the corner where it kicked off and remember seeing Bobbies helmets flying through the air. Also remember a Hugh following away to Barnsley not long after Duncan Shearer signed, 1989? again around the 7000 mark.

Remember the Barnsley game too, they used to have huge open terrace at one end, we completely filled it we had over £7k in a gate of about £13k. Shearer opened the scoring, couldnt see the goal but the noise was immense, but I think we lost.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember the Barnsley game too, they used to have huge open terrace at one end, we completely filled it we had over £7k in a gate of about £13k. Shearer opened the scoring, couldnt see the goal but the noise was immense, but I think we lost.

I remember having a slash at the top of that terrace, pointing the other way towards the bowling green.

Was on about the 3-0 nil defeat after the Atko OG my apologies.

No probs ... one of our less memorable encounters with the big boys ... if only the ball-girl had held on to that ball!

This reminds me of a few great midweek followings that Rovers took away.

..... A year earlier ('79) we had played at Anfield against the peerless Liverpool. A relegation bound Rovers held on for 80 mins before Dalgleish broke our hearts. I was sat in the Rovers section of the Kemlyn Rd Stand and had a great view of the massed ranks of Blue and White behind the

Great memories.

I was in the Kemlyn Road stand that night as well.

The much maligned John Butcher had a stormer I seem to recall.

No probs ... one of our less memorable encounters with the big boys ... if only the ball-girl had held on to that ball!

Know what you are saying, but we cant ever allow a ball boy/girl who is doing their job PROPERLY to blamed for a result......can we .

The blame has to be put firmly on the people playing the game at the time and their management team.

The media deflected the actual cause of the problem, which seems to have gone on forever. With this how can England ever become successful on the world stage ? It cant ever happen with these kind of tricks being played...... can it.

Remember going mental when we scored, but cant remember the result. You wonder if we'll ever take that many away again?

It's like re-living my childhood & youth reading this lot!

Liverpool in the stands, crushed at Goodison, big followings at Barnsley, running battles at Carlisle, Oldham & Stoke.

Who else got wet through at Bournemouth & then allowed into the stands, where we made a hell of a din & went on to win?!

Liverpool in the stands, crushed at Goodison, big followings at Barnsley, running battles at Carlisle, Oldham & Stoke.

Who else got wet through at Bournemouth & then allowed into the stands, where we made a hell of a din & went on to win?!

I was at Dean Court for that one! There were even reports of Rovers fans invading the pitch in a Sunday paper! We went to the game in hired Sierra Cosworth and were back drinking in Ossy for about half nine! Great days!

I was in the Kemlyn Road stand that night as well.

The much maligned John Butcher had a stormer I seem to recall.

I was in the Kemlyn Road Stand too, sat next to the Kop. I remember a bedsheet banner at the front of the Anfield Road End reading 'Kevin Hird is God'

I was in my school uniform that night and got booted up the arse by a Scouse urchin on my way back to the coaches!

I went to that Bournemouth game as well. We were out for a few round B'burn on the Friday night. Hadn't planned to go, but at last orders in the Jubilee a shout went out for the last few seats for coach to Bournemouth. So ended up next morning on the English Riviera, rough as @#/? and still dressed for Cavs. Ended up going to get our hair cut at 7.30am as nowt else was open and it turned out the barber had lived in B'burn at some point so he dug some cans out for us and we started on the lash again! Happy days.

It did kick off in their stand, but it was hand bags really.

Just don't do away days like that any more.

I went to that Bournemouth game as well. We were out for a few round B'burn on the Friday night. Hadn't planned to go, but at last orders in the Jubilee a shout went out for the last few seats for coach to Bournemouth. So ended up next morning on the English Riviera, rough as @#/? and still dressed for Cavs. Ended up going to get our hair cut at 7.30am as nowt else was open and it turned out the barber had lived in B'burn at some point so he dug some cans out for us and we started on the lash again! Happy days.

It did kick off in their stand, but it was hand bags really.

Just don't do away days like that any more.

Thanks to Venky's you'll be able to re-live your youth next season.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=red+herring+pub+coppull&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=red+herring+pub&hnear=0x487b0dd04eaf112f:0xdb44d1b488ec9391,Coppull,+Lancashire&cid=0,0,15768401226940225188&sa=X&ei=p_SEUbbRBfK00QWVlYCwCQ&ved=0CKIBEPwSMAM

I was with him when we won the League 95, in The Railway pub. He was one of the first to get a big rear projection TV. Pub was full of Rovers fans in tears, old school lads like Mick Barker, Barlow, Big Ste, Paul Mulhearn RIP etc.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en-GB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=red+herring+pub+coppull&fb=1&gl=uk&hq=red+herring+pub&hnear=0x487b0dd04eaf112f:0xdb44d1b488ec9391,Coppull,+Lancashire&cid=0,0,15768401226940225188&sa=X&ei=p_SEUbbRBfK00QWVlYCwCQ&ved=0CKIBEPwSMAM

I was with him when we won the League 95, in The Railway pub. He was one of the first to get a big rear projection TV. Pub was full of Rovers fans in tears, old school lads like Mick Barker, Barlow, Big Ste, Paul Mulhearn RIP etc.

Good lads mentioned there.

Seems we mix in similar - if older circles. Wheelton lads all friends of mine. Good days with Big Ste & others. Warren (1864 Roverite) my good pal.

How's about touting an old school jolly boys outing next season?

An early pint in Howarth then a Yorkshire match always a good day out.

Could make it a Trust event?????

( old friendships from various towns renewed)

Here's hoping for better days ahead.

Good lads mentioned there.

Seems we mix in similar - if older circles. Wheelton lads all friends of mine. Good days with Big Ste & others. Warren (1864 Roverite) my good pal.

How's about touting an old school jolly boys outing next season?

An early pint in Howarth then a Yorkshire match always a good day out.

Could make it a Trust event?????

( old friendships from various towns renewed)

Here's hoping for better days ahead.

Got to be the Huddersfield match if its a weekend fixture.

Archived