BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lap of honour

JBiz

By definition this thread should be called the walk of shame.

What are people's feelings on this. I certainly will be out of the ground regardless of result when the final whistle blows. Respectful exit.

The mere thought of Danny Murphy walking round and covering more grass than in the game, makes my blood boil.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant see there being any kind of lap of honour, regardless of how the season ends, there will be usua few that stay on the pitch(dunn, lowe, 1 or 2 others) to show there appreciation but the majority will just trudge off the pitch with there heads down(same as last season)

could also be the last game at the club for quite a few players- dunn, givet, robinson, ckr, sandomierski(and other loanees), Morten??, hopefully murphy&orr,.......and they're just the ones with contracts expiring or not wanted, I can see at least another halve a dozen leaving, one way or another.

They are, with a few exceptions, a shower of shameless, spineless reprobates. If they have a shred of decency they'll scuttle of the pitch quick smart before the ref has chance to take the whistle out of his mouth.

It would be pointless and futile. A lap of honour is usually to show mutual respect and appreciation by the players and fans for their efforts over the course of the season. I honestly believe that with a few exceptions the is very little respect between the players and fans. If it happens I will be driving home by the time they come out. The only thing I will be celebrating is that hopefully I will never see some of them playing for us at Ewood again.

Good topic this.

I'd usually encourage a show of support for the players efforts throughout the season.

BUT

We have been sold short by the owners / joke of a board of directors / management & PLAYERS.

No matter the off field distractions - change of managers etc etc etc etc etc ........

Too many have decided to be meak money grabbing freeloaders all to ready to blame everything else. Typical modern day football trash - a definite influence on many stay away fan.

We seem to have been saddled with the worst of the worst in every department.

I'd suggest a song from the supporters

WE'LL BE HERE WHEN YOUR GONE!

WE'RE BLACKBURN ROVERS -

Good topic this.

I'd usually encourage a show of support for the players efforts throughout the season.

BUT

We have been sold short by the owners / joke of a board of directors / management & PLAYERS.

No matter the off field distractions - change of managers etc etc etc etc etc ........

Too many have decided to be meak money grabbing freeloaders all to ready to blame everything else. Typical modern day football trash - a definite influence on many stay away fan.

We seem to have been saddled with the worst of the worst in every department.

I'd suggest a song from the supporters

WE'RE BLACKBURN ROVERS -

It would be good if this was taken up.

They should get a huge sedan chair and parade Shebby round the pitch on it. They could hire a squad of eunuchs to fan him with the feathers of ostriches and we could all hail to the great leader who has a vision far beyond ours and who is leading us triumphantly out of the transition period......or something like that.

They should get a huge sedan chair and parade Shebby round the pitch on it. They could hire a squad of eunuchs to fan him with the feathers of ostriches and we could all hail to the great leader who has a vision far beyond ours and who is leading us triumphantly out of the transition period......or something like that.

We already have a squad of eunuchs.......

The obvious thing would be to boo them, but then you would be including Jordan Rhodes in the same group as Danny Murphy and Bradly Orr, which wouldn't be fair. I don't see it happening anyway. They didn't do it last year (though I imagine the mini pitch invasion meant that a few of them didn't fancy hanging about). People like Murphy won't do it. They know how crap they've been. You'd have to have some gall to do a lap of honour when you've played like he's played.

Archived