Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lap of honour

JBiz

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Well they did one

I stayed for a few seconds out of force of habit before remembering what abject failures most of these players have been this season so I left

Guest Norbert

Old news I'm afraid. It has been discussed a few days ago.

What was the general reaction to the parade of inadequecy?

• Moderation Lead

Old news I'm afraid. It has been discussed a few days ago.

What was the general reaction to the parade of inadequecy?

Pretty positive to be fair (apologies for the use of the 'p word'!) Murphy looked fairly sheepish and stayed towards the back, the rest were clapping the fans and vice versa.

The lap of honour was well received and fair play to them for doing it, Gary Bowyer seemed to be the one that instigated it and gathered the players together, then walked behind them with his coaches as they went around, 1st time I've seen Bowyer in the flesh managing a game, he honestly seemed like a real lovely guy( :wub: )and brought a genuine smile to everybody he spoke to or shook hands with.

On match days, much of the stuff happening in the background fades temporarily - especially after a decent result.

I stayed and clapped although it has been a disappointing season. It was fairly muted though, to be fair and they didn't go off and come back on again. No fanfare. All the cult heroes are gone now.

I fear if we lose Rhodes in the Summer there won't be much left to clap next year.

I thought they got it about right today. No kids, just really the players who'd played today still in their kit and others keeping out of the way. We needed a chance to applaud those who have tried their best and the team who played today had me saying that,if we'd played like that all season,even if we'd still lost as many games, fans couldn't have complained. Effort aplenty today from most bar Gomes and no real complaints from me.

"starters" as in todays starting 11, come on!(I was pretty specific), the majority of players that played today deserved a good reception for the way they have not let the off field bs effect them to much in recent weeks and have kept us in the league despite the pish poor efforts of overpaid keaners like (murhphy, etuhu, Morten, etc..) for most of the season prior too Bowyers 2nd stint.

p.s. saying that Morten actually played quite well in todays 2nd half(you'd think his contract was coming to an end or something, Oh wait ;) )

• Backroom

It really isn't with you, as I said earlier, when I type your name into the search members bar in the manage ignore list section, your name doesn't come up sadly, there's just an 'abby' and an 'abbzy'.

Maybe it's caps lock sensitive?

(No offence Abs).

Well I for didn't stay to honour the overpaid underachievers.

Can't believe they had the front to do a lap of honour, most of the squad don't give a flying Kean about the club or its fans, with the odd exception. Just goes to show how out of touch with reality the modern day footballer is I guess.

Overpaid mercenaries.

they didn't do a lap of honour as such. they merely walked round and clapped all the stands. Whilst some do not deserve any honour some do and you could hardly say " Let rhodes and one or 2 others walk round but the rest of you have been a disgrace and we're not letting you out there" I had no problem with giving a recognition of the efforts of some, saying goodbye to others whose contracts won't or might not be renewed (for example how could you begrudge Kane a round of applause or dave jones - not even our players but generally gave their all in the matches they played -) and giving Bowyer a thank you round of applause too. It's the end of the season and it's just a fitting ending to it. a lap of honour at the end of the season usually involves players, their kids and just about anyone else associated with the club. this was lowkey, straight after the match and just about the right level. The players do know that we as fans have had a lot to put up with too and they needed to acknowledge that in the last few games, when they have put in a shift, it's been enough to lift the fans and make them feel that there just might be hope for the future on pitch if not off it.

Bowyer quite clearly told the players to go round and basically show some appreciation to the fans, that's my take on it anyway, certainly didn't come across as a lap of honour at all. I stayed, gave them a bit of a clap etc, more a case of acknowledging a decent performance yesterday than anything else.

Archived