BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News Article -> Rovers v Palace

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As relieved as I am to stay up, there is still a feeling of apathy toward it all while Venkys, Singh, Shaw and Agnew flush the club down the toilet.

Even after a pee at full time , people still are happy clapping . They said if we do this and that then we will go up next season .. I said whilst Anderson n shaw and scum around we will be goosed they replied. WHO .. It's hopeless .

I think he's done ok considering he is our 3rd choice keeper(and personally id have him ahead of Robinson regardless)

From what I saw yesterday he is certainly not commanding in the air (flapped at one he should have caught easily) considering his feet must stick out of the bed by about 18 inches! Also considering that he is left footed and left footers are usually blessed with accuracy and power he kicks very awkwardly.

He won't do full time at this level and I may be being too judgemental off just one sighting but a 3rd choice keeper for a Championship club is exactly what I saw. I trust his wages aren't much.

For my two penneth, up tempo game, we came out fighting, got caught with a sucker puch, faught back well. JR scored a corker, we took the second half. 1-1 fair result, where did they dig the ref up from?

Future....keeper I rate. Kane a definite prospect, but with Chelsea, central defence good if we keep but left back a problem.

Mid a nightmare, jones if we can get him a workhorse, dunny over the hill, Williamson ok, king so frustrates, but he's not ours.

Lowe, work in progress, Peds over the hill.

Jordan is gold, but we won't keep him.

So, end of term report:

Owners: z-

Board: worse

Managers: GB exempted, @#/?

Players: C-

Sucker punch was down to that 'good' central defence parting like the red sea.

I think we made the King transfer permanent in January. He always seems to have a better second half probably because of tiring defences though.

They all had a better second half once that Portugese bloke had been winched and replaced by MGP at HT. Ped still commits elementary errors but the midfield is so much tighter with him in there and he is much more suited to championship football than random latinos..... plus he wins just about every header that he goes for. That backpass was scary though!

btw.... A big plus for retaining MGP is as outlined above, plus and this is a massive plus.... I can hardly ever remember him getting injured! Compare that to Dunny! Dunny's much more skilfull of course but now he doesn't need to play he's 'on the sick' again. :glare: It's not a physiotherapist that he's needed all his career it's a psychiatrist.

Yesterday we passed him walking from the DE car park to the main entrance with the flakiest put-on fake limp that I have seen since Darren Anderton was once selected to play for Spurs against Wimbledon! I'd love someone to be able to reckon up what Dunny has earned over his career divided by minutes of the pitch! I've a feeling he'd make Yaya Toure's 250k pw look like a bargain!

Edited by thenodrog

Was that Scott Dann on the floor whilst the Palace forward hit the Rovers net. If it was then Dann can GTF out of the club asap.

Do you say these things for a reaction?

He's done well under Bowyer as captain and hardly deserves that abuse. Ok he's definitely Championship level but he and Hanley have decent a great partnership.

I'm not sure if you were there yesterday, JAL, but Ewood was bathing in sunshine while fine rain poured down intermittently. Players were regularly slipping all over the place.

I shouldn't worry though, I'm sure he will GTF out of our club in the Summer as the parachute payments run out.

Do you say these things for a reaction?

He's done well under Bowyer as captain and hardly deserves that abuse. Ok he's definitely Championship level but he and Hanley have decent a great partnership.

I'm not sure if you were there yesterday, JAL, but Ewood was bathing in sunshine while fine rain poured down intermittently. Players were regularly slipping all over the place.

I shouldn't worry though, I'm sure he will GTF out of our club in the Summer as the parachute payments run out.

If JAL is slagging off Scott Dann it means he's leaving Jason Lowe alone and not bagging some young lad trying to break into the first team.

Was that Scott Dann on the floor whilst the Palace forward hit the Rovers net. If it was then Dann can GTF out of the club asap.

Sometimes you have to give credit to the skill of opposition players. The dummy Dobbie sold him had half of the Blackburn End moving one way and then the other. And the pitch was wet too.

Dann has been one of the mainstays this season and I think your continued criticism of him is based on his poor form last season. Most Rovers fans would agree about last season but your judgement is certainly flawed this season.

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway feels that Saturday's opponents Blackburn Rovers were "cheating" in their 1-1draw at Ewood Park.

Stephen Dobbie gave Palace the lead however they were pegged back by a goal from Jordan Rhodes as the game ended all square. However, Holloway was unhappy regarding the treatment of striker Glenn Murray.

Hollway told reporters: "He (Murray) could have scored today. Without being shoved 10 yards. Am I exaggerating or not? Without being shoved completely as you're going to head it, onto your back, he would have took the penalty.

"Without them cheating at that point, because that's what it is isn't it? You can't defend properly so you shove somebody over and the ref didn't see it, what more do you want him to do?

Edited by MrT

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway feels that Saturday's opponents Blackburn Rovers were "cheating" in their 1-1draw at Ewood Park.Stephen Dobbie gave Palace the lead however they were pegged back by a goal from Jordan Rhodes as the game ended all square. However, Holloway was unhappy regarding the treatment of striker Glenn Murray.Hollway told reporters: "He (Murray) could have scored today. Without being shoved 10 yards. Am I exaggerating or not? Without being shoved completely as you're going to head it, onto your back, he would have took the penalty."Without them cheating at that point, because that's what it is isn't it? You can't defend properly so you shove somebody over and the ref didn't see it, what more do you want him to do?

The inane ramblings of an unhinged man.

From what I saw yesterday he is certainly not commanding in the air (flapped at one he should have caught easily) considering his feet must stick out of the bed by about 18 inches! Also considering that he is left footed and left footers are usually blessed with accuracy and power he kicks very awkwardly.

He won't do full time at this level and I may be being too judgemental off just one sighting but a 3rd choice keeper for a Championship club is exactly what I saw. I trust his wages aren't much.

Sucker punch was down to that 'good' central defence parting like the red sea.

They all had a better second half once that Portugese bloke had been winched and replaced by MGP at HT. Ped still commits elementary errors but the midfield is so much tighter with him in there and he is much more suited to championship football than random latinos..... plus he wins just about every header that he goes for. That backpass was scary though!

btw.... A big plus for retaining MGP is as outlined above, plus and this is a massive plus.... I can hardly ever remember him getting injured! Compare that to Dunny! Dunny's much more skilfull of course but now he doesn't need to play he's 'on the sick' again. :glare: It's not a physiotherapist that he's needed all his career it's a psychiatrist.

Yesterday we passed him walking from the DE car park to the main entrance with the flakiest put-on fake limp that I have seen since Darren Anderton was once selected to play for Spurs against Wimbledon! I'd love someone to be able to reckon up what Dunny has earned over his career divided by minutes of the pitch! I've a feeling he'd make Yaya Toure's 250k pw look like a bargain!

Re MGP never getting injured. - He won't if he never gets a tackle in. Re left footed strikers of the ball.- I take it you were left footed then matey ! I tend to agree with your comment though, left footed players are usually excellent strikers of the ball but their right is normally strictly for standing on. Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

The inane ramblings of an unhinged man.

I take it he hasn't been to specsavers recently. Or was i dreaming the fact that their players were fouling King almost every time he ran forward with the ball, and we should have had what looked to us in the Blackburn end like a stonewall penalty. Did he somehow miss the fact too that they should have been down to 10 when the same player committed a second bookable offence? Heard some Palace fans walking away from the ground saying there was a lot of discontent today about Holloway, people questioning his tactics and subs and so on, so perhaps he feels he has to give this sort of stuff out to deflect blame.

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway feels that Saturday's opponents Blackburn Rovers were "cheating" in their 1-1draw at Ewood Park.

Hollway told reporters: "He (Murray) could have scored today. Without being shoved 10 yards. Am I exaggerating or not? Without being shoved completely as you're going to head it, onto your back, he would have took the penalty.

"Without them cheating at that point, because that's what it is isn't it? You can't defend properly so you shove somebody over and the ref didn't see it, what more do you want him to do?

Pity we didn't appoint the guy when we had the chance. He is obviously a deep thinker.

Edited by tonyoz

Stephen Dobbie gave Palace the lead however they were pegged back by a goal from Jordan Rhodes as the game ended all square. However, Holloway was unhappy regarding the treatment of striker Glenn Murray.

Holloway comments about Rovers being cheats are a total disgraced and pathetic from a bitter man. really pleased he didnt become rovers manager.

did he not see the stonewall penalty that Rovers didnt get or Palace who should have had a player sent off for keep fouling King al the time.

Holloway is nothing more that just moaning little man who looks on edge. rumours are he will be sacked if they dont go up with Warnock set to take over if he leaves

I think you are judging this guy harshly Gordon. In the last few games, yes he's flapped at a few he really shouldn't have, but he's also made some really incredible saves you wouldn't have expected most goalies to make. As for his kicking, is it really worse than Kean's? I agree with you about Pedersen depending on length of contract and how much he'd want paying. He does make daft mistakes and is a bit of a wimp, but the game improved enormously yesterday when he came on. He can put in good little passes that take the opposition out of the game, like the ones he was slipping down the left yesterday, and he is still one of our better headers of a ball. Generally too he seems to try to move forward. He's nowhere near the player he was years ago, but who will we get better? There are times when, if affordable, the devil you know is definitely preferable.

I think its more like 15 - 0 because Huddersfield have to lose and we have scored more goals than them

I dont always comment on such things as I often get them wrong! But if we lose to B'ham by as little as 1 goal and Barnsley beat Huddersfield by a clear 7 goals (or we lose by 4 and they win by 4 more "reallisticly"), wouldn't that put us down?

You're right.....we're safe!

In that unhinged rant, he conveniently forgets that Rovers could easily have had a penalty when Morris seemed to be taken out in the box and that the Palace right back somehow didn't get a second yellow card when he took out King.

In that unhinged rant, he conveniently forgets that Rovers could easily have had a penalty when Morris seemed to be taken out in the box and that the Palace right back somehow didn't get a second yellow card when he took out King.

Typical Holloway.

I dont always comment on such things as I often get them wrong! But if we lose to B'ham by as little as 1 goal and Barnsley beat Huddersfield by a clear 7 goals (or we lose by 4 and they win by 4 more "reallisticly"), wouldn't that put us down?

In this scenario (Barnsley tubbing Udders) where do you think Huddersfield will end-up?

I think you are judging this guy harshly Gordon. In the last few games, yes he's flapped at a few he really shouldn't have, but he's also made some really incredible saves you wouldn't have expected most goalies to make. As for his kicking, is it really worse than Kean's? I agree with you about Pedersen depending on length of contract and how much he'd want paying. He does make daft mistakes and is a bit of a wimp, but the game improved enormously yesterday when he came on. He can put in good little passes that take the opposition out of the game, like the ones he was slipping down the left yesterday, and he is still one of our better headers of a ball. Generally too he seems to try to move forward. He's nowhere near the player he was years ago, but who will we get better? There are times when, if affordable, the devil you know is definitely preferable.

In effect you've agreed with me on everything I said there gumboots! So..... Keeper dodgy as hell in the air, poor kicker but makes occasional good reaction saves...... You've just described John Butcher! :D

btw How was the Black Bull?

no hudersfield are below us and there goal differance would go up if the get beat by Barnsley so we have to get beat by 14 goals more than huddersfield.

Edited by had.e.nuff

I don't think it is. He can be scathing about lots of peripheral stuff but he's usually bob on with things that go on on the pitch.

But there is a right and a wrong way. Using the word cheat is ridiculous and does nothing but enhance his already plummeting stock.

A mate of mine sent me this yesterday so assume he's worked it out:

The only scenario where rovers can go down is if Sheffield Wednesday win, millwall win one of last two, Peterborough win, Barnsley beat Huddersfield 1-0, and rovers lose to Bham 15-0 going down behind Huddersfield on -22 goal difference to their -21.

A scenario bookies have at 949-1. Think would get better odds on losing by 15 clear goals let alone factoring in all other results.

Who will we get that's better than MGP for £ 40k a week ! Where do you want me to start ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.