BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Graham Arnold

Mate only Perth Supporters claim it was a dive. There was contact in the box from behind without getting the ball = Penalty. Don't be bitter now :)

Glory shouldn't have been there in the first place but because of the pathetic play off system borrowed from the yawnball competition popular in Aus they were, so the league runners up won the competition with a dodgy penalty so all's well that ends well :)

Agree with your above post about discussing Australian managers, some people forget we are mid to bottom in the championship thanks to Venkys and their associates so we need to cut our cloth accordingly, three possibly more teams from the Aleague could easily be mid championship level (from the games I've seen this season) and that's taking into account the restrictions on who they can sign

Not what I would like to see but realistic enough to know under this current regime not to get my hopes up

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can assume that they've trawled the world and that Graham Arnold is the only manager on the planet prepared to take on a dysfunctional club with a dysfunctional board and work on an evergreen rolling WEEKLY contract! :rover:

Mate only Perth Supporters claim it was a dive. There was contact in the box from behind without getting the ball = Penalty. Don't be bitter now :)

Without wishing to stoke the argument, how long has physical contact constituted being a foul?

• Backroom

Without wishing to stoke the argument, how long has physical contact constituted being a foul?

Contact which causes the player to fall (without getting the ball)? Over a century.

-Having seen the video: Statement retracted. Blatantly not a penalty.

Before Berisha gets to the ball he's tapped from behind which causes him to fall. When being there live it looked a stone cold penalty. Matter of perception I guess

There was a strong gust of wind as well as the phantom clip ,can easily topple a bloke of that build, got to give him credit though with a hard tackle like that he struggled to get up and brushed it off well, still, home crowd, last minute, bad positioning by the ref whose girlfriend worked at which club ? :) Still end result Roar won, finished higher in the table than Glory so the ends justify the means I suppose.

Guest Norbert

Vinnie Grella, or some other Aussie Vinnie?

Anyway, that was as much a penalty as Steven Hawking is a professional breakdancer.

Archived