BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who `owns` Blackburn Rovers?

Hope this link works http://readability.com/m?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbloom.bg%2FZsvXC4

MUST read article, credit goes to Andrew (Perth Blue) for finding this.

A chilling piece which maybe, just maybe, is one of the final pieces in the jigsaw.

It is not impossible to believe that Rovers could be involved in this type of scenario.

The Italian Sella di Monteluce (named in here) has previously been linked to Rovers by Glen Mullan

Yes with a fair few special twists of our own in the story no doubt.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Money is the root of all evil in football these days. "Ranson, 52, says transfer rights investments are good for soccer, providing
cash-poor teams a financial lifeline."
How does that figure with making 50% profit out of those clubs then? The crazy world of football finance and the current wariness of banks is plaqying right into his hands. I wish I'd thought of it!

Kamy made an interesting point on twitter than Venky's may have given power of attorney to other people at the club, and for this reason at present they can't make the decisions they want to make.

I wonder who Jack Walker gave power of attorney to. :rolleyes:

Powers of Attorney can be revoked by rightful owners unless there is a financial contractual obligation.

I guess most people would revoke such a power rather than be described as incompetent and not in control by your own QC in High Court. Rather suggests someone in Pune actually does not control the fate of Rovers

The problem Rovers have is finding a football regulation which would say the sort of financial obligation we might be talking about is within the rules of the game.

I might be extremely naive but I have a feeling that Scudamore and the Premier League will not be villains when all comes out.

The FA.....

Philipl, you dont know what is really going on behind the scenes at Ewood Park and Pune, so dont try to act like you are 'ITK' cos nobody is.

And yet you take Nixon's word as gospel...

Clubs in England must own all the rights in their players,so you ain't mixed up in any of that dodgy transfer rights stuff.Serbia and Portugal the worst in Europe for that.

Should be banned worldwide,But too many people at FIFA & UEFA secretly involved and taking back handers not to ban it.

You guys safe yet? Totally out of the loops with you guys last few months.

Clubs in England must own all the rights in their players,so you ain't mixed up in any of that dodgy transfer rights stuff.Serbia and Portugal the worst in Europe for that.

Should be banned worldwide,But too many people at FIFA & UEFA secretly involved and taking back handers not to ban it.

You guys safe yet? Totally out of the loops with you guys last few months.

Don't hold your breath on the first part..!

And not mathematically, it would take a freak set of results including us to lose 14-0. But theoretically, yes we are safe. Just.

I'm not buying into this belief that they don't own the club unless some clear evidence come to light that proves they don't. The problem with Venky's from day one to the present is a) they are so badly advised they don't have a clue what's really going on 6000 miles away and b- the people they put in place to make the day to day decisions are making incredibly bad ones.

Don't hold your breath on the first part..!

And not mathematically, it would take a freak set of results including us to lose 14-0. But theoretically, yes we are safe. Just.

No one would be stupid enough to do that,not even your owners!

Abramovich got Pini Zahavi to buy 100% rights of Lazar Markovic in November for 7 million Euro's.When Chelsea sign him in July,Chelsea will take 100% ownership of Markovic again.That was done to head off Inter & Shakhtars interest.

Thats just one example of how it can be abused.

Around 70% of players are owned by 3rd parties in Serbia,and around 85% in Portugal.

Great news that you are safe,Just hope you get new owners and can kick on.If you do get new owners i'll offer my services to them,try and help you guys out.

sadly I dont.

I listen and read to everybody view and judge each comment on his merit

'sadly'??

No one would be stupid enough to do that,not even your owners!

Abramovich got Pini Zahavi to buy 100% rights of Lazar Markovic in November for 7 million Euro's.When Chelsea sign him in July,Chelsea will take 100% ownership of Markovic again.That was done to head off Inter & Shakhtars interest.

Thats just one example of how it can be abused.

Around 70% of players are owned by 3rd parties in Serbia,and around 85% in Portugal.

Great news that you are safe,Just hope you get new owners and can kick on.If you do get new owners i'll offer my services to them,try and help you guys out.

Well done Roberto......... However you do keep mentioning Portugal and unfortunately we have had lots of contact with football and footballers from that country one way or another.

Roberto, my (limited) understanding of this latest theory is that there's some doubt around of ownership of the whole club rather than individual players. There seems to be evidence coming to light as part of the Berg compensation court case, and folk are fitting this together with the circumstantial evidence of the past two and a bit years (eg Desai declaring Kean 'unsackable'). So maybe Venky's have been 'sleeping partners' in all this whilst someone else (an agent who featured in national press for his tantric exploits?) was pulling the strings. Is that a fair summary?

Roberto, my (limited) understanding of this latest theory is that there's some doubt around of ownership of the whole club rather than individual players. There seems to be evidence coming to light as part of the Berg compensation court case, and folk are fitting this together with the circumstantial evidence of the past two and a bit years (eg Desai declaring Kean 'unsackable'). So maybe Venky's have been 'sleeping partners' in all this whilst someone else (an agent who featured in national press for his tantric exploits?) was pulling the strings. Is that a fair summary?

I can only comment as a former worker as a CDS reporter & A.C Milan senior scout.And knowing FIFA rules.

Like i said It's Impossible for an English club to not own 100% of the player,Thats stated in the contract when a player signs.

It's very hard to say stuff on a public forum too and not risk trouble from legal people.

I can say 90% of English agents i've come across are totally incompetent.In your country you have around 460 licensed agents of which around 20 make a very good living.They do around 80% of all the work every transfer window.Another 20 of those other agents set up summer training camps for clubs and try to help with securing sponsorship deals etc and are helpful.Around 100 agents work in the lower division's and are just doing it for the love of the game,But around 300 are just deal chasers hoping to get lucky.The big agencies give work to these agents usually to try and push players no one wants.There the ones always on the phone to clubs.

Big problem in England there are too many agents for too little amount of players,only Premiership & Championship players are of interest to agents chasing the money.

At Milan agents will climb fences and tunnel under fences to try and talk to senior officials.

I was concerned a year or so back when someone on here metioned venkys training up their own agents to do deals with players agents of which you were looking to sign.The last 6-7 years that seems to of become more common in England.In Italy the club CEO,chairman or owner does the deal with the players agent.Obviously that saves money as the club doesn't have to pay a fee to a third party.No clubs in Italy scout on agent recommendation.Where as in England only Arsenal do that,all other clubs rely too heavily on agents.Now worldwide travel is cheaper,Scouting sites like Wyscout,even youtube.Clubs dependence on agents should of dropped.

Going back to my first point i've been told of agents in England being paid up to £300,000 for just negotiating deals for clubs,any Owner,CEO or chairman should be able a negotiate a deal, if not they should not be in that roll to begin with.A contract lawyer would charge just £5,000 for the same service.So clubs who do deals like that are just wasting club money.It makes me wonder if some club chairman are embezzling money and the agents giving some of the money back to them at a later date.

Premiership players certainly don't need agents nowadays why top premiership players give 10% of their pay packet away i've no idea.Gary Neville has written some excellent articles lately.

English clubs need to work harder on their scouting set ups and get away from becoming too reliant on agents.

Obviously i know the backgrounds of alot of English agents but i cannot go into that on a public forum.

If a player thinks he needs an agent any money should come out of his own pocket and not that of a club.

And in todays modern world FIFA can set up a password encrypted database and all professional clubs looking to sell or loan players they are looking to get rid of can be listed on there for clubs to see and make bids accordingly,No need in 2013 for agents to be so heavily involved.

It looks (to me) that Venkys are the owners and do want to terminate Shaw's contract, but in order to avoid another compensation case for unfair dismissal, they need to follow the correct HR, UK employment law procedure and hold a disciplinary tribunal with him, after which they can sack him without compensation. Perhaps it's just as simple as that ?

That's how I see it as well - unless someone can put forward some real evidence to the opposite. As far as I can tell, we haven't seen one single piece of evidence that Venky's don't own the club. If I'm wrong here, then someone point it out. Lots of circumstantial s, but not much else.

Archived