BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who `owns` Blackburn Rovers?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great piece of writing. Thanks Bob. Someone out there can see what we can see.

If Shaw took the blame for them by agreeing in court he didn't have the authority to complete the contract with Berg, then that might explain why he still hasn't been sacked?

How we get any points at all in these feral times is beyond me.

Sure Singh has to be Zippy, Derek has to be George, Agnew Bungle and Mr Tantric is Geoffrey.

I guess that makes Pig Woman, Cheech and Chong ... Rod Jane and Freddy?

Surely Mr Tantric is the one working Bungle and George and therefore can't be seen

Sure Singh has to be Zippy, Derek has to be George, Agnew Bungle and Mr Tantric is Geoffrey.

George is female.

Who by all that matters is Mr. Tantric?

• Backroom

Steve Kean didn't resign then. He had his contract "terminated" by Blackburn.

I mentioned this in another thread, however, Steve Kean can only offer his resignation. it still has to be accepted and then the club agree to terminate the contract, so technically it could just be badly worded.

I mentioned this in another thread, however, Steve Kean can only offer his resignation. it still has to be accepted and then the club agree to terminate the contract, so technically it could just be badly worded.

But he allegedly received compensation, which if he resigned, he wouldn't be entitled to.

• Backroom

But he allegedly received compensation, which if he resigned, he wouldn't be entitled to.

Wasn't that the court case where he argued his job was made untenable? If so that isn't really compensation as much as a legal bill, though if he got other monies that I'm unaware then that's a different matter.

Wasn't that the court case where he argued his job was made untenable? If so that isn't really compensation as much as a legal bill, though if he got other monies that I'm unaware then that's a different matter.

Yeah Keans case wasn't as public as Bergs, which is a shame. I'm sure I've read he was compensated, £1.2 mil, but not sure as for what. Breach of contract by Rovers? Unfair Dismissal. But surely if Kean resigned Venkys would have a case for breach of contract by him. That would mean either no compo or minimal compo anyway. Unless they f*cked that up as well.

It would be constructive dismissal - where an employee has no choice but to resign after conditions have been made unworkable by an employer.

Think sales director asked to do reception duty, receptionist forced to clean the loos, cleaner expected to produce a sales pipeline report. Basically, being "managed out" a little too obviously.

• Backroom

Yeah, constructive dismissal was how I understood Kean's case to be.

If a resignation is accepted then the company in question still has to go through the process of terminating the contract, I can only assume this is what the judge meant, though he probably should have clarified the resignation situ as to an outsider it would appear we chose to sack Kean.

Archived