BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Aquaduct

Gav

You can get four pint cans of Stella for a fiver in Marks and Sparks of all places !. Where I live all the pubs have stopped selling Stella for some reason but in Manchester pubs you'll be talking around the £4-50 mark for one pint I suppose. That's a no brainer for most of the week for me I'm afraid.

£4.50 a pint ouch. I would not touch Stella, as I drink ale. A pint of ale cost £2.60 and carling £2.90 where I work.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

£4.50 a pint ouch. I would not touch Stella, as I drink ale. A pint of ale cost £2.60 and carling £2.90 where I work.

That's about par for the course around here. Peroni usually touching £4 for a pint, that aside it's between £2.70-£3.50 a pint of lager.

No idea bout real ale, as I don't drink the stuff, but I'm led to believe it's cheaper than lager....

Star and Garter was near the train station. Yanks who were based at Warton Aerodrome during the war used to go there to meet good time girls :tu:

They might have had a surprise if they'd gone back there a few years ago, it would have been a different type of good time person they'd meet ;)

Really sad, my very first ever pint prior to a Rovers match at Ewood was at the Aqueduct as I recall! That was only 15 years ago...

You all should be happy - here in Gothenburg, a pint of anything will cost you at least a fiver, anything decent and you are talking £6-7 a pint. 'course it is all taxes, but just sayin'!

Really sad, my very first ever pint prior to a Rovers match at Ewood was at the Aqueduct as I recall! That was only 15 years ago...

You all should be happy - here in Gothenburg, a pint of anything will cost you at least a fiver, anything decent and you are talking £6-7 a pint. 'course it is all taxes, but just sayin'!

Spent 3 nights in Stockholm last year and spent an offensive amount of money on alcohol, ridiculously expensive!

What a drastic introduction! Not dissing the pub, but was always a Fox & Hounds man in the early days! When we visit Sweden, I hope you can show us the equivalent of booze busters!

If I had to drink Carling I'd give up drinking.

I used to till I 'converted' to ale.

I today contacted my local CAMRA branch which I am a member of. Bloke I spoke to said he would pass it on to one of the North West CAMRA branches. Thwaites are not the only group who are selling pubs on and putting clauses preventing the buildings to be used as a pub again. Not sure, but I think councils may have a duty to try to protect these things happening, under recent rules. Worth somebody checking in your area.

I used to till I 'converted' to ale.

I today contacted my local CAMRA branch which I am a member of. Bloke I spoke to said he would pass it on to one of the North West CAMRA branches. Thwaites are not the only group who are selling pubs on and putting clauses preventing the buildings to be used as a pub again. Not sure, but I think councils may have a duty to try to protect these things happening, under recent rules. Worth somebody checking in your area.

Foresight from Shebby when he said people over here couldn't run a bar then !! First thing he's got right

Was the Albion in the 80's .will always be the Albion to me. Sad times ahead .

Into the Albion at Darwen at 11:00 then the packed Albion at Ewood at 13:30 every home game. Away fans in the left side room, Rovers in the right. Then leave at 14:55 straight onto the Blackburn End where there were no queues, only 6000 on then. Happy days :)

• Backroom

Any pub that doesn't have at least 2 or 3 real ales on tap isn't a pub in my mind, but a shithole. If I were in the desert dying of thirst and lager was on offer at a refuge, I'd drink my own @#/?.

Any pub that doesn't have at least 2 or 3 real ales on tap isn't a pub in my mind, but a shithole. If I were in the desert dying of thirst and lager was on offer at a refuge, I'd drink my own @#/?.

Bravado.

You'd be supping that Skol like it was champagne.

There really are no good pubs over this side of town(ewood/millhill/highercroft) to my knowledge, even in the town centre you'd struggle to find a good one, that doesn't serve the usual pish and isn't inhabited by stinkin toothless pisheads or/and chavy(for want of a better word,sorry!) tosspots(and people are surprised when they get shut down).

Thats another thing that the Germans beat us hands-down on ! no chemicals allowed in their beer.

Possibly one of the reasons their town and city centres are'nt no-go areas at weekends.

That's because you think the likes of Carling and Fosters are lagers. You'd be singing another song if you drank some real lager.

There really are no good pubs over this side of town(ewood/millhill/highercroft) to my knowledge, even in the town centre you'd struggle to find a good one, that doesn't serve the usual pish and isn't inhabited by stinkin toothless pisheads or/and chavy(for want of a better word,sorry!) tosspots(and people are surprised when they get shut down).

I don't wish to be rude but you sound like a right Tory snob.

Archived