BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Aquaduct

Gav

• Backroom

Any pub that doesn't have at least 2 or 3 real ales on tap isn't a pub in my mind, but a shithole. If I were in the desert dying of thirst and lager was on offer at a refuge, I'd drink my own @#/?.

Don't talk crap

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There really are no good pubs over this side of town(ewood/millhill/highercroft) to my knowledge, even in the town centre you'd struggle to find a good one, that doesn't serve the usual pish and isn't inhabited by stinkin toothless pisheads or/and chavy(for want of a better word,sorry!) tosspots(and people are surprised when they get shut down).

Must be spoilt round here with the newly revamped Golden Cup and the Fernhurst you dont see many undesirables in these two, plus we also have the Black Bull up the hill. Ah well !

• Backroom

Don't talk crap

Nowt wrong with what I said. Pubs should have a range of stuff on offer rather than just the @#/? that is Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg or Becks. A pub that doesn't cater to what I like means it won't get my custom as it's not an option as a pub for me.

Thats another thing that the Germans beat us hands-down on ! no chemicals allowed in their beer.

Possibly one of the reasons their town and city centres are'nt no-go areas at weekends.

And each area has it's own local brands, not like us with the mass nationally produced 3.8% crap.

Even Scotland has it's own decent lagers (not an ale fan myself).

I don't wish to be rude but you sound like a right Tory snob.

haha(no offense taken), I'm not political at all(and can you be a snob if you've never had a job above minimum wage and lived in council houses all your life?)

I just find the @#/? ta decent folk ratio is out of balance in most pubs around here.

Must be spoilt round here with the newly revamped Golden Cup and the Fernhurst you dont see many undesirables in these two, plus we also have the Black Bull up the hill. Ah well !

those two aren't bad places(you can get a nice pint and have a giggle), but they're such bland, generic, charmless pubs(and als both a bit grubby), would be nice to have somewhere with a little character without having to go to the outskirts of town or Manchester(for eg.)

haha(no offense taken), I'm not political at all(and can you be a snob if you've never had a job above minimum wage and lived in council houses all your life?)

I just find the @#/? ta decent folk ratio is out of balance in most pubs around here.

Fair enough old bean !

I just thought you sounded like you had been locked in a room for a week, with only the Daily Mail to read.

Nowt wrong with what I said. Pubs should have a range of stuff on offer rather than just the @#/? that is Fosters, Carling, Carlsberg or Becks. A pub that doesn't cater to what I like means it won't get my custom as it's not an option as a pub for me.

How you can lump Becks in with the other 3 you mentioned is beyond me. When its kept right (a chore in most pubs recently) it's far superior. The only problem with the success of Vier is that you never get proper 5% Becks on tap anymore.

• Backroom

How you can lump Becks in with the other 3 you mentioned is beyond me. When its kept right (a chore in most pubs recently) it's far superior. The only problem with the success of Vier is that you never get proper 5% Becks on tap anymore.

I'm afraid I just don't like any of those 4, which is frustrating as a student cos all student bars only serve them. I'll have most smooths or bitters, but the more general lagers (imo) taste pretty much the same.

• Backroom

wait til the gout strikes...i was weened on boddies,then trophy ,then guinness and then gout struck and have to drink lager. Stella is the daddy.

I don't drink to that extent Abs haha. But ta for the concern :P hope it didn't affect you too badly.

Not a snob but a chav then ;)

How many chavs do you know that have been in fulltime employment since leaving high school(15+years)

Why don't you just stick to talking about football T.J?

Whats your issue'GAV'?

(please feel free to dm me with it)

No issue here.

You should stick to talking about football, its just a bit of advice :tu:

Archived