BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The better team won but Walsh is a biased referee who like many in the rugby world has a chip on his shoulder against England.

Exactly. I'm surprised this isn't highlighted more. I suppose its a combination of the don't like to complain attitude of the English and no other country caring about fairness as long as we don't win. English teams are routinely bullied in rugby matches, and its not because they're soft, its because they know as soon as they start giving a bit back the ref will be all over it.

• 2 weeks later...

i did the last lions tour in OZ and i do say that the roughn house tactics from the aussies was a massive factor. nathan grey belting the shyster out of ronan o'gara nowhere near the ball was horrible.add to that the blatent late hit on richard hill in melbourne. i think and hope that this version of the lions is up for the task and that the design to bulldoze the aussies actually comes to fruition.

They made no effort to hide the fact they targeted Hill, pure gamesmanship at it's worst and cost the Lions the series. They identified he was the key player and intentionally took him out.

On the plus side I was in Sydney in 2003 when England won the world cup ^_^, that really @#/? them off

Archived