BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham vs Rovers

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since when has Henley been good enough at RB? He's started about half as many games as Orr this season and was immediately replaced upon the arrival of a lad who'd played 3 senior games in his career before coming to Rovers. Obviously Henly's still very young and hopefully he'll improve but he's not good enough for me at the moment. Lowe, well I don't really rate him myself but I suppose as cover he's not the worst option in the world.

My original point though was that we need better first choice full-backs way before we start talking about replacing Dann. Although if we can keep Kane next season then whatever passes for coaches now at this club just need to work on him defensively.

henley was out injured.

This is getting silly. To start with we don't sell poor players - only good ones. But to be fair to Dann I don't think he's poor. By his own admission he wasn't fit when he came to us following his injury ay Birmingham. Then who, if anyone got fit, let alone played well under Kean - answer, nobody. Even this season,preseason still under Kean, was useless. Our players were not fit going into the season. With a powderpuff midfield in front of you and strikers who can't hold the ball up or who give it away trying to beat another man instead of passing, a lot is going to come onto the centrebacks. Dann has made plenty of mistakes, yes, but there are plenty of other positions where we have bigger problems and strengthening there would help ease the pressure on our centrebacks pairing, and hopefully make them less error prone or provide better cover when they do make mistakes

Well, weather is set fair for Bank Holiday weekend - think that's the only good news for today.

Feel we will suffer a certain defeat to end the sh1tt1est of seasons which will see us escape relegation on goal difference.

Found it's got to the stage now where folk just don't want or care to talk about the Rovers - not seen such apathy for decades.

I think we are now an irrelevance.

Must crack on with the important things and get those lawns cut now !

• Moderation Lead

Well, weather is set fair for Bank Holiday weekend - think that's the only good news for today.

Feel we will suffer a certain defeat to end the sh1tt1est of seasons which will see us escape relegation on goal difference.

Found it's got to the stage now where folk just don't want or care to talk about the Rovers - not seen such apathy for decades.

I think we are now an irrelevance.

Must crack on with the important things and get those lawns cut now !

He says on a message board :tu:

Though by no means the finished articles - the improvement of Dann and Hanley over the season has been marked. If they can continue to improve - and we can keep hold of both of them - things look good for next season (at least in that position). Their only weak points - neither are particularly big (aka Samba) which will see them occasionally found out in the Championship - and both are liable to lapses in concentration (but I think we need to consider their age - as most centre halves dont reach their peak until 27+ )

• Moderation Lead

Wait, Campbell's still here? I thought we sent him back to QPR?

Well, he's on Soccer AM this morning, so we'll see what he's saying!!

• Moderation Lead

It will no doubt be the last time that we see many of these players in a Rovers shirt. Fancy us to a scrape a win today.

On a Sidenote Cryer expects Hanley to leave. West Ham would be my bet, I know for a fact that Allardyce is still a massive fan of his.

Not really too surprising now I think about it. He's been excellent all things considered this season, and been playing for Scotland quite a bit I think. Not that the latter is indicative of greatness mind ;)

Archived