SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham vs Rovers

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I prefer Williamson to Jones but it would be good to have both in the squad

The issue is with those two and Lowe and Etuhu you have four industrious midfielders but a lack of creativity.

• Backroom

The issue is with those two and Lowe and Etuhu you have four industrious midfielders but a lack of creativity.

Well Williamson is ours, so no worries there :)

• Backroom

Williamson's a decent player, but the question marks over his fitness still need resolving. I can't imagine he'll be at the Grella end of the injury scale (in fact, he's probably played more minutes in the few months he's been here than Vince played in his last 2 years at the club) but if he's missing for large chunks of the season he won't have a huge impact.

Jones isn't massively creative as you say, but he's probably more creative than those three put together.

I can't see him joining us anyway.

• Backroom

Tom you said creativity, i say Rochina lol

You say Rochina I say central midfield

I'd definitely have him in the squad but for all his flair I'm not sure how creative he is, he does a lot for himself but apart from posh away can't think of much he's created for others

I think Jones wants to stay at a higher level than Rovers to be honest, from his comments when he came here.

Though that may have changed, who knows.

Echo 'thanks for Rhodes', the lad is pretty much the sole reason why we won't be in League 1 next season.

Let's hope Venky's resist any interest for him in the summer.

Unfortunately several Prem clubs will come in for Rhodes. Who will score for us next year?

I don't see the Prem clubs coming in. I just don't think he is quite ready for that level. As someone said our best bet of keeping him is the wages he's on. Funny though I can see Jordan being the type of lad who would take a cut to guarantee success.

He's not at the standard you need to be at as a starting striker in a Premier League side. He could be useful to bring on as a sub if you're behind in the game and need goals, a bit like Le Fondre at Reading. If you're prepared to play two up front he be O.K. but how many teams start out like that nowadays ? He can't really play up front on his own at our level so he's no chance in the Prem.

However I'm sure that if Venky's receive anything like a reasonable offer for him they'll sell him.

First half poor. Seemed like a training game which actually opened up quite nicely in second half. Had the potential to be a several goal thriller if there had been any quality on the pitch. Redmond looked lively for them. As for the Rovers - not a fan of King at all - however he was by favour brightest spark in the game.

Good atmosphere created by the Rovers fans. Blues fans very subdued.

Givet still looks insane - thought he was going to take his entire kit off and throw it into the crowd at the end but he stopped short of taking his shorts off...........

It's going to be a long summer (hopefully) in which we need to rebuild and get rid of some of the dross and leeches who want to suck our club for every penny we can.

As for Bowyer - at least he is able to bring a team back out after half time to raise a fight. More than can be said for our last 3 managers.

Tactically more adventurous also.

Whilst it has been poor quality from both a skill and final finishing position we were only 10 points off the playoffs with some dire periods in terms of points return. That just hi lights what a bad league this is.

Will we ever get out ? Probably not........Will my lad ever see us in the premiership again - probably not !

We have been a bit spoilt for the last 20 years or so thanks to Uncle Jack so we had probably better get used to hovering around the Championship.

Many of us who have known the pre- Uncle Jack times would be fine with that provided we had work rate, effort and a little bit of skill and passion - a lot of which was unfortunately missing this season from much of the squad and from a good half of the team yesterday.

Keeping hold of Rhodes and clearing out the dross and leeches has to be the priority this summer as well as forgetting about this last season.

You say Rochina I say central midfield

I'd definitely have him in the squad but for all his flair I'm not sure how creative he is, he does a lot for himself but apart from posh away can't think of much he's created for others

I'd say that's because he probably needs a 'manager' to help develop his game, something which we haven't had since he arrived.

He's only 22.

Sturridge seems to have ironed out the excessive selfishness in his game, Rochina can to.

He's played too far back. When your 50 yards from goal, it's easy to try and beat the whole team. Give him the ball 25 yards from goal and then he has to pass or shoot anyway. There won't be many opposition players in front of him to beat.

• Backroom

He's only 22.

Sturridge seems to have ironed out the excessive selfishness in his game, Rochina can to.

He's played too far back. When your 50 yards from goal, it's easy to try and beat the whole team. Give him the ball 25 yards from goal and then he has to pass or shoot anyway. There won't be many opposition players in front of him to beat.

Not to mention that under Bowyer in Jan he was fine!

Archived